Arranged employement

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Webboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arranged employement

Hi,

With regards to the arranged employement (in the points system), are there restrictions on what exactly it has to be? For example, does it have to be a full time 40hr per week job paying a certain amount?

or could for example be a part time 15hr job per week? The family we have over in Canada have been running their own business now for over 30 years and as much as they say they would be glad to let us work there, i don't want them to feel they have to employ is - although it would be great.

If we were to agree on say 2-3 days per week, would that be classed as arranged employement?

From what i understand, the employment questions are more trying to figure out if you will be able to support yourself for at least the first 6 months (???). We will be able to. We would be selling our wee flat in Scotland - and already know the profit we are going to make from it - and obviously we would be bringing it with us.

I have also been asked to continue working for the Web Development company i currently work for. They want me to keep working for them even from Canada.

So Basically we would have quite a substantial amount of money in the bank from the sale of our flat and i would still be earning money from my current company - all i need to do is state that i have arranged employement ..... so would working in the family business a couple of days a week cover this?

Cheers,
Brian

P.s. I wouldn't be doing it just for the points ..... I probably would end up working in the family business at least a day or 2 each week anyway to help out, regardless of other work.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:35 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arranged employement

If you want points for Arranged Employment then employer must apply to HRSDC for Arranged Employment Opinion and only full time, permanent job offers to hire new immigrant on indeterminate basis after landing and with terms sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians (salary) are acceptable.

Originally Posted by Webboy
Hi,

With regards to the arranged employement (in the points system), are there restrictions on what exactly it has to be? For example, does it have to be a full time 40hr per week job paying a certain amount?

or could for example be a part time 15hr job per week? The family we have over in Canada have been running their own business now for over 30 years and as much as they say they would be glad to let us work there, i don't want them to feel they have to employ is - although it would be great.

If we were to agree on say 2-3 days per week, would that be classed as arranged employement?

From what i understand, the employment questions are more trying to figure out if you will be able to support yourself for at least the first 6 months (???). We will be able to. We would be selling our wee flat in Scotland - and already know the profit we are going to make from it - and obviously we would be bringing it with us.

I have also been asked to continue working for the Web Development company i currently work for. They want me to keep working for them even from Canada.

So Basically we would have quite a substantial amount of money in the bank from the sale of our flat and i would still be earning money from my current company - all i need to do is state that i have arranged employement ..... so would working in the family business a couple of days a week cover this?

Cheers,
Brian

P.s. I wouldn't be doing it just for the points ..... I probably would end up working in the family business at least a day or 2 each week anyway to help out, regardless of other work.