Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application Status has changed to " In Process "

Application Status has changed to " In Process "

Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Application Status has changed to " In Process "

Originally Posted by Asabani
HA HA HA
Our Application status changed to In Process on 4/1/2012, tonight they added this "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January 11, 2012." to my status. Finger cross. I wonder what is the next thing I am going to hear from them!
Dear Asbani,
Can I ask what your NOC number is? Are you one of the 38 (old) or 29 (new)?
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It looks good from the new entry wording. Now you wait some more! Sorry, but that's likely for now. Anyway things are moving.
Thanks any way Jim,
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by S.Beckett
Dear Asbani,
Can I ask what your NOC number is? Are you one of the 38 (old) or 29 (new)?
Thanks
Dear S.Beckett
My NOC is 7251 and as far as I know I am still in the new list.
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Dear S.Beckett
My NOC is 7251 and as far as I know I am still in the new list.
Thanks
Yep, thanks. That is what I thought. They seem to be processing the NOCs still on the current list first. Happy for you guys though! No (happy) end in sight for us, however.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helcat12
Our FSW Cat 2 application went IN PROCESS, as in the ECAS saying, "We started processing your application on 26th July" and yet our meds did not come until 29th November (posted on about the 9th November), so all I can say from that is that when our processing started our med requests were not exactly "imminent".

We have just had passport requests 3 days before Christmas and our passport were delivered to London on Friday.

That is 16 months todayfrom application received at CIC.

It may be 18 months before we have Visas in hand.

I would relax and let it take its course - you are being processed, which is the important thing.
Dear helcat12
My status changed to in Process on 4/01/12 then 2 weeks later they added this line"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January 11, 2012 " to the ECAS as well, so i am hoping they are realy looking at my file ().
any how, If you don't mind me asking from your singnature I understood you had your MEDs done in 1 day, am I right? is there a list of Doctors or Surgerys that we could look up and find the nearest one? and If it is possible for you can you tell how much did it cost you?
I'd like to relax but I realy would like to be there before Sep 2012,because of schools for my children. SO MEDs PLEASE
Thanks
thanks
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi every one
I am not sure if I should be exited or not,but today I've recieved a letter from CIC requesting Police Certs Update? is it really happening? any of you guys could share some experience, thanks
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This is a positive if something to cause further delay. They would not bother with the request if your application was going to be refused on other grounds. A new clean PC will move things along.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:34 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every one
I am not sure if I should be exited or not,but today I've recieved a letter from CIC requesting Police Certs Update? is it really happening? any of you guys could share some experience, thanks
We got this as well and it did herald a period of movement for our application.

In ten months from submission we heard nothing, other than our app had been sent to London, but once we had the new PC request and sent them in we had meds and passport requests within 5 months.
I hope the same is true for you.
Get them to them asap!!!!

Yes, we got our meds request in the post and had the medicals the very next day!
There is a list of DMP if you look here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
you can find one near you.

We had ours done in Canada as we were both here by then and the price was the same at all the ones we asked - about $250 each for the whole thing.
In the UK they are much more variable in what they charge as I understand from other threads on this.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

We got this as well and it did herald a period of movement for our application.

In ten months from submission we heard nothing, other than our app had been sent to London, but once we had the new PC request and sent them in we had meds and passport requests within 5 months.
I hope the same is true for you.
Get them to them asap!!!!

Yes, we got our meds request in the post and had the medicals the very next day!
There is a list of DMP if you look here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
you can find one near you.

We had ours done in Canada as we were both here by then and the price was the same at all the ones we asked - about $250 each for the whole thing.
In the UK they are much more variable in what they charge as I understand from other threads on this.

Good Luck!
Thanks helcat12 for the information
Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,
I have recieved some more documents requests (IMM0008 Generic and Schedual A) today by Visa Office. A few weeks ago they asked for Police Certs Updates.
Any Idea?
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:25 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
I have recieved some more documents requests (IMM0008 Generic and Schedual A) today by Visa Office. A few weeks ago they asked for Police Certs Updates.
Any Idea?
We had the same, but they asked for Police certificates at the same time as our IM0008 and new Schedule A.

Pain in the rear, as neither of them had changed since the application, so why they asked for those again, Lord knows.
Other people with the similar timeline to us just got asked for new Police checks and their Meds at the same time - no Sched A or IM0008.

Just an example of London not being consistent.

Anyway, after we submitted these Meds came quite soon and then passport requests soon after that, so you might be in for a rush period after this!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

We had the same, but they asked for Police certificates at the same time as our IM0008 and new Schedule A.

Pain in the rear, as neither of them had changed since the application, so why they asked for those again, Lord knows.
Other people with the similar timeline to us just got asked for new Police checks and their Meds at the same time - no Sched A or IM0008.

Just an example of London not being consistent.

Anyway, after we submitted these Meds came quite soon and then passport requests soon after that, so you might be in for a rush period after this!
Oh I'm glad to hear that helcat12, thank you very much.