Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application for special authorization to board flight to Canada

Application for special authorization to board flight to Canada

Old Nov 19th 2022, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

bcwisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application for special authorization to board flight to Canada

Hi all,

I've had to apply for a Application for special authorization to board flight to Canada as I need my son back due to a family bereavement and we need to be together here. Background: He completed his citizenship ceremony by flying in then flying back and submitted his passport application as soon as the certificate arrived (3 days) - passport is yet to be in hands but we cannot wait with this.
I applied and received the email authorization - it has an expiration date - I'm booking flights in the next day to match up with another family member that will be on same plane.

Question: this expiration date.. is that the day you can still board a flight and land on that date? or is that date where the day before you can do that?
Its so confusing and I don't want him denied boarding at LHR due to a misunderstanding on these dates. Should I apply for another authorization to be safe?
All help is gratefully accepted.
Thanks.

Last edited by bcwisher; Nov 20th 2022 at 12:00 am.
Old Nov 28th 2022, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

bcwisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application for special authorization to board flight to Canada

Just to let all know for future reference.. I emailed for a new authorization in case flight was delayed and they sent it over within a few hours. Its easy to follow the instructions. When checking in - you cannot do it online so you have to go to the counter although at LHR they weren't interested in it. Very easy to land too.