Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Current PRTD processing times from London

Current PRTD processing times from London

Old Mar 15th 2022, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Jude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current PRTD processing times from London

Hello! I sent my passport to London for PRTD processing on 8th March and am wondering if the processing times have increased with travel opening up again? I travel a lot for work and need a passport to travel at the end of April so am a little apprehensive re: the waiting times. Any insights are appreciated! Cheers
Old Mar 16th 2022, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

DeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current PRTD processing times from London

Recent posts on here suggest that the processing time is between seven days and two weeks.

I also submitted a PRTD application last week so will update on here when my passport is returned. For mine I've been out of Canada longer than two of the past five years, but have been with common-law partner (a Canadian citizen) so I don't know if verifying the 'relationship evidence' I submitted delays the process.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Ellen_Corgi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
wondering how IRCC treated you guys with PRTD processing? How long did it eventually take?
Old Nov 15th 2022, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

kerria is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied on the 26th of October with urgent processing, got the passport request late on the 4th, and sent my passport on the 5th. The latest update I got was on the 8th of November, saying my application was at IRCC (supposedly this means the London embassy). I filled out an online form on the Canadian immigration site yesterday asking them to please expedite the application, but I'm not particularly hopeful about that. I also emailed VFS several times, and they usually send a canned "we can't do anything" response. Eventually, they sent me a form to fill and instructed me how to escalate the request, which I did, but the escalation request then got the same canned response...

In summary, I am applying from Ireland. I started the process exactly 3 weeks ago, and my passport is at the London embassy, where it has been for 8 days without an update.

It'd be great to hear if anyone else has a recent experience around the timing. It's impossible to get any estimates, either from VFS of CIC. If you call CIC, they will tell you that resources have been diverted to handle applications for Ukrainian refugees.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute

I applied on an urgent basis on 29th Oct via the online form in Uk. My application status still says "submitted". So no idea what's going on!! No one to contact and no option to choose PRTD query. Did your application status change online when you had the request for your passport? I am getting really stressed out as heard nothing and can't contact anyone.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Mine remains in "submitted" state, even after I got an email with a pdf document instructing me to send my passport to VFS. So make sure you check your email. The CIC portal itself shows no indication that I got that document. After you send your passport to VFS, you should then receive status updates to your email from them. I believe the CIC portal will get updated from submitted to some new status once they process my application at the embassy.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for your reply. Even checking spam etc amd nothing,I fear something has gone wrong
Old Nov 21st 2022, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Hi All,
Has anyone had any progress with PrTDs?
I am trying to decide whether I submit for it here in the Uk or leave it till later and do so in a different country.
i would appreciate any insight into london’s processing times!
Old Nov 21st 2022, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ellen_Corgi
Hi All,
Has anyone had any progress with PrTDs?
I am trying to decide whether I submit for it here in the Uk or leave it till later and do so in a different country.
i would appreciate any insight into london’s processing times!
I applied on an Urgent basis on 29/10/22 in UK and had my passport request through on Friday 18/10/22. It was received at the London VAC today, so will be interesting to see how long it takes to be returned. Will update once its back.
Old Nov 21st 2022, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrs hortons
I applied on an Urgent basis on 29/10/22 in UK and had my passport request through on Friday 18/10/22. It was received at the London VAC today, so will be interesting to see how long it takes to be returned. Will update once its back.
Oh wow, that’s been quite a wait, but great that there’s been progress! Fingers crossed they process it quick, please do post here once you hear anything!
Old Nov 24th 2022, 2:28 am
Just Joined

I know I would have liked to hear about a recent processing time (applying from Ireland) while I was applying, so here's mine:

25th October: filled in CIC1st November: Passport request. Sent 2nd November.
7th November: "Your application, tracking ID No. 1234 has been dispatched to the IRCC Office"
8th November: "Your application, tracking ID 1234 has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office"

At this point, I got nothing for a week and then I filled out a webform on the 18th to ask IRCC what the deal was. They responded to say they had returned the passport on the 17th. So I think my passport should have been received by IRCC but VFS have a backlog and they take several days for every step.

22nd November: "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 1234 has been dispatched from the IRCC Office"
22nd November: "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 1234 has been received from the IRCC Office"

24th November: received my passport by DPD courier. I guess VFS missed the final update that other people received.

All in all then, 1 month minus a day. Canadian immigration is swamped. I missed my flight back (luckily I had flexible), and I had to stay 3 weeks longer than I planned, luckily my work was very flexible as I had a family bereavement, hence why I travelled after my PR card had expired. It was a very painful process, and VFS is utterly useless in terms of providing useful information either via email or their helpline. Both IRCC and VFS are swamped and slow. With VFS, I'm pretty sure application envelopes just sit in a backlog in their offices for several days between each step. Anyhow, good luck to all and I hope ye get through this faster than I did.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi as I said I would update..... finally received my passport back with a multiple PRTD today. So I applied 29th Oct (urgently) received today 30th Nov! Will have to go through the whole process again as my passport runs out in May! Oh the joys, however at least I know the process now. Good luck to those waiting.