Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application sent back........HELP!!!

Application sent back........HELP!!!

Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Application sent back........HELP!!!

Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone can shed some light on what the CIC want???

On schedule 3, page 2 where you write your work experience my partner is an Electrician so put date started to present, the NOC code and description of his duties.....

"Installing electricial equipment, domestic and small commercial premises"

Our application was sent back because it was not enough information but not really sure what else we can put??

Anyone have any ideas??

All help gratefully appreciated and needed!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application sent back........HELP!!!

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone can shed some light on what the CIC want???

On schedule 3, page 2 where you write your work experience my partner is an Electrician so put date started to present, the NOC code and description of his duties.....

"Installing electricial equipment, domestic and small commercial premises"

Our application was sent back because it was not enough information but not really sure what else we can put??

Anyone have any ideas??

All help gratefully appreciated and needed!!
You need to prove that his daily duties match those outlined in the NOC code you are claiming for. They simply need more detail so that they can check he meets the criteria.

Look at the detail for the NOC code and particularly the 'main duties' in the description of the role, he has to do most of those duties as part of his daily job (and will have to prove that he does them with references, contracts, job descriptions, etc). That's the kind of info they require, you just need to give them a more detailed and comprehensive description of his role.

Good luck.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou have had a look and that really helps, we didn't realise you had to so specific in the initial application!

Post it back tomorrow and fingers crossed for another 2 months!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point

i have also just send off my application to sydney, i am applying under the FSW route as an industrial electrician. On schedule 3, page 2 where you write your "main duties" of your work experiance i put, "working fulltime on installation and maintenance of electrical systems". Guessing thats a little to brief?

thanks
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:50 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamshaft
i have also just send off my application to sydney, i am applying under the FSW route as an industrial electrician. On schedule 3, page 2 where you write your "main duties" of your work experiance i put, "working fulltime on installation and maintenance of electrical systems". Guessing thats a little to brief?

thanks
yup - you really need to look at the Main Duties shown under the NOC code and more or less (using your own words) mirror what they say.

Good luck
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:29 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
yup - you really need to look at the Main Duties shown under the NOC code and more or less (using your own words) mirror what they say.

Good luck
And don't forget the employer's reference letter should outline that you perform a majority of the duties in the NOC>
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:11 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kamshaft

thanks
we are under the same NOC code and sent our application in november, not heard anything yet
but we used some of there wording from the NOC code for main duties
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
so looks like i will be getting my application sent back, bugger!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Guys

Good job i read this thread, regarding NOC 7241 description

Main Duties

Electricians in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
•Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
•Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors
•Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
•Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
•Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
•Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
•Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
•Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems
•Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.

I will be using the above POINTS and 'describing' them in my own words, you probably looking at at least 1 page if not more of 'DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES'.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:45 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rschatha
Hi, Guys

Good job i read this thread, regarding NOC 7241 description

Main Duties

Electricians in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
•Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
•Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors
•Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
•Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
•Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
•Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
•Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
•Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems
•Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.

I will be using the above POINTS and 'describing' them in my own words, you probably looking at at least 1 page if not more of 'DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES'.

Hope this helps
You do not need to write the whole thing out - just pick bits out of it - it needs to just fit into the box supplied on the second page of Schedule 3 - a whole page is not needed.

Once you get past the first stage, your documents ie employment contracts and reference letters will go towards proving you DO undertake these duties in your daily work.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

You do not need to write the whole thing out - just pick bits out of it - it needs to just fit into the box supplied on the second page of Schedule 3 - a whole page is not needed.

Once you get past the first stage, your documents ie employment contracts and reference letters will go towards proving you DO undertake these duties in your daily work.
Thank You for you help
I just dont want the application to come back because i did not submit my duties in much detail, just want to cover all bases.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Application sent back........HELP!!!

Originally Posted by rschatha
.......you probably looking at at least 1 page if not more of 'DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES'.
As a guide, this is what I put down on my application and it seems to have been sufficient

NOC 7312 - Heavy-Duty Mechanic

The diagnosis, repair, servicing, testing and
inspection of heavy trucks, cranes,
tracked vehicles & generators - covering the
mechanical, electrical & hydraulic systems.
Also forecasting fleet inspections & repairs.