Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OH....MY.... God!!!! Medical requests.

OH....MY.... God!!!! Medical requests.

Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:48 pm
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default OH....MY.... God!!!! Medical requests.

I can't quite believe it! After all this time (June 07 application) we have received our med requests. I was so excited I thought I might actually be sick!!
I had begun to think of all the possible things that could have gone wrong to delay "The Brown Envelope"....
Filling the forms out incorrectly, old (minor) criminal conviction, adding the points up wrongly (esp education!), wrong photos (ours were taken in a bog-standard photo booth),NOT sending noterized copies (ours were ordinary photo copies), job not close enought to the NOC description, etc etc. The list goes on!
Glad to say it looks as though we read the instructions, crossed the T's and dotted the I's!
Now on to booking the meds....

Cheers all, and for those of you still wating, I'm sure the postie will drop yours through the letter box any second now......!

Last edited by bjg; Jan 11th 2010 at 10:52 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OH....MY.... God!!!! Medical requests.

Great news!
Good luck with the Meds
Old Jan 11th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Excellent news - we are similar timelines. Booked ours for 29 January.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by bjg
I can't quite believe it! After all this time (June 07 application) we have received our med requests. I was so excited I thought I might actually be sick!!
I had begun to think of all the possible things that could have gone wrong to delay "The Brown Envelope"....
Filling the forms out incorrectly, old (minor) criminal conviction, adding the points up wrongly (esp education!), wrong photos (ours were taken in a bog-standard photo booth),NOT sending noterized copies (ours were ordinary photo copies), job not close enought to the NOC description, etc etc. The list goes on!
Glad to say it looks as though we read the instructions, crossed the T's and dotted the I's!

Cheers all, and for those of you still wating, I'm sure the postie will drop yours through the letter box any second now......!
Big congratulations and good luck with your medicals.

Binty
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations......one small bit of advice....shop around for medicals as the price can vary, as can what is included.
Good luck with the medicals
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by bjg

Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:31 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooo thats brilliant news. Congratulations and good luck
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Brilliant news, we received ours on Saturday, medicals booked in for Thursday 22nd Jan, we had the same fears as yours but its all good so far
Good luck for your medicals to all
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bjg

congrats!!
what was the rest of your timeline?
when did you receive doc request and when did you send them in?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:41 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

Hi Goodpikey,

We were on holiday (needless to say in Canada!) when the doc request was sent out, but I'm pretty sure it was sent out in the last couple of weeks of August.
We dropped all of our precious paperwork off by hand around the third week in September.

I'm sure yours is on it's way!!

Cheers.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:42 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one, congrats.
Similar timeline, but still waiting for ours...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi Goodpikey,

We were on holiday (needless to say in Canada!) when the doc request was sent out, but I'm pretty sure it was sent out in the last couple of weeks of August.
We dropped all of our precious paperwork off by hand around the third week in September.

I'm sure yours is on it's way!!

Cheers.
ok cheers!
hopefully our turn will come soon.
all the best for the medicals
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your medical requests and goodluck to all those still waiting, I'm sure you won't be too much longer.

Poppit
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Big Congrats bjg it's a great feeling, we got ours last week & meds booked for next Monday

All the best with your medicals
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you bjg....looks like the cogs are turning again for us 2007'ers.

I wonder how long it'll take for CHC to read our 280 pages though...we might be waiting a while.....if we're even sucessful!

Great news for you..
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:52 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.