Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application rejected for being incomplete:There are no translations to English or F..

Application rejected for being incomplete:There are no translations to English or F..

Old Jun 10th 2017, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

largy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application rejected for being incomplete:There are no translations to English or F..

Im sure many of you are going through problems with your applications also but i cant even describe how irritating and frustrating this whole process is...but i wont rant as it solves nothing.

So i uploaded a copy of the Spanish police certificate i was sent from the Spanish police as CIC states,

"Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies, unauthorized copies, or visibly altered police certificates are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete."

However i didn't realise they also needed a translated copy, despite the fact that even if you cant speak Spanish (Which i cant) its clear to make out that my record was clean.
Does anyone know the process in which we have to use in order to translate text? Or do i simply copy and paste it in into Google translate?

The ridiculous fact that they lazily don't even browse the rest of your application means im starting again not knowing if theres more mistakes, am i right in thinking i have to wait upto another 6 months from the date i submit all over again?

Thanks for any advice in advance
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application rejected for being incomplete:There are no translations to English or

From the CIC website page How to get a police certificate

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation done by a certified translator.
How to get a police certificate

As far as I know there is no 6 month wait to resubmit.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Application rejected for being incomplete:There are no translations to English or

Thanks for your response Former Lancastrian.
Iv looked at this page but i cant see anything that advises on where/how to get it translated. I don't know if i can just google and find someone certified or if they have regulations and specific bodies who can administer the translation and affidavit like they do with CES, Language tests etc.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me for smirking slightly at remarks of CIC 'lazily' not looking, when under 30 seconds with google provides you with answers to every question you asked, from CIC.

How can I get my immigration application processed faster?
What language should my supporting documents be in?
My police certificate is not in English or French. Do I need to send a translation?
What is an affidavit for a translation?
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response Vulcanoid.
'Lazily' is in regards to CIC not checking the rest of my application for further mistakes meaning if i have forgotten, misread or not included something i may have to go through all of this again for something else. I will check out the links you have provided now.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

As a follow up, thanks again for your response but iv read all the links you have provided already, its not definitions i am in need of i just wish to know if i can ask any certified person/company to translate or are there specific bodies eg. University of Toronto for CES, IELTS for general training language test etc

Additionally, the 6 month wait i mentioned is in regards to the fact that it can take upto 6months to have your PR forms processed iv already taken all the steps i can to speed it up.
....and also, isnt Google the first thing we all try for pretty much EVERYTHING?! Come on mate, ofcourse that was the first thing i did and am still doing as we speak! I just wanted some additional opinions and maybe some expert advice from say a moderator, iv had great advice on this forum which often answer more than i realised i needed to know!
Im not lazy mate, iv been at this for a while and want this more than you know Thanks again
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

You were told about this six months ago. Including both the need to have it translated, and how to go about doing it. And the links explain who needs to do it, and what needs to be done.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-spain-888935/
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Oh its my post lol. Ye Lancs did mention translation didn't he, i thought my explanation pages would have been enough Found a really good thread on translators and looks like i can get my friend to do it and she can be made official on the spot with the right ID
cheers Vulcanod
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by largy
'Lazily' is in regards to CIC not checking the rest of my application for further mistakes meaning if i have forgotten, misread or not included something i may have to go through all of this again for something else. I will check out the links you have provided now.
No disrespect but why should they? That's your job, read everything several hundred times, ensure you have followed their instructions to the letter and only after checking everything again do you send off your application. They're way too busy doing their job to waste time doing yours as well.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:02 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No disrespect but why should they? That's your job, read everything several hundred times, ensure you have followed their instructions to the letter and only after checking everything again do you send off your application. They're way too busy doing their job to waste time doing yours as well.
Good point. CIC are there to assess and process the information you give them. If you give them the wrong information, they can't process your application.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:46 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If you need to have your application checked, that is what you would pay a consultant to do. CIC process what you send them, their job is not to check each application for errors. The wait list would be even longer if they had to do that, as well as increased costs.

Is it CIC being lazy, or the applicant being lazy in not reading the instructions correctly?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hubbys spanish was translated at the embassy in Ottawa
Old Jun 11th 2017, 2:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by largy
Unfortunately, the onus is on you to ensure that your application is complete - not CIC.

This is why we urge people to check, check and check again their applications and backing documentation, comparing it to the guidelines and document checklist.

I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly (do check your application again!).

What language should my supporting documents be in? .... Do make sure that the person who translates your document certifies it and does an affadavit, before you submit it again.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 11th 2017 at 2:22 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I got my translations done at a private translation services in Vancouver. Told them it was for CIC and that it needed an affidavit from the translator and it was sorted in a few days. Didn't cost a huge amount either from what I remember.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

On the point of a translation, it seems obvious that one would be needed and I'm sure I recall reading stuff like that anyway.

On the point of not reading/following instructions correctly, I know I'm not the only person on BE to have read information on the website, in the guidance pack and on the application forms that is contradictory - albeit mine was back in 2004 so maybe they are better now.

I'm with the OP in that applications should be checked for other omissions or errors. I don't see the waiting list would be longer by checking, because they have to do that anyway, when it comes back to them.

In my old job there was a period when benefit claims were dealt with by post, something like a 20 page form. I don't doubt I had colleagues who, upon seeing something was missing would return the form, get it back and then return it again because they hadn't noticed something else was missing. But most of us would have seen that was inefficient and not a good use of limited resources.

It's crazy. Do you have any idea how much time and money is wasted with multiple returns compared to a quick "once over" to see if everything else is in order?

Ultimately it's the applicant's responsibility, of course it is. But there's nothing to be gained by anybody and arguably it makes sense to check for other things since one omission might indicate there are others.

It's highly unlikely anyone will drop their application to move their life to another country just because a form is returned. This is not like someone who may not follow through with an application for a small benefit when they have money in the bank or already have a new job to start, or whatever. For something like immigration, if there are further omissions or errors the application will keep going back and forth until it's right and they'll have to keep dealing with it each time.

That's not doing anyone any good and one complete check (which can be recorded) is less time consuming and costly (returned postage as well as time spent) than further checks every time the same application is incomplete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.