Application form question.

Old Apr 12th 2002, 3:00 am
Ravi

Default Application form question.

I applied in Oct of 2001 for my PR. On the application form for the PR, there's a
place where one has to list one's work history from the age of 18 onwards. I had done
so, but there were gaps of time in the last few years, when I was either studying or
unemployed. However, I inadvertantly did NOT include these few time gaps on an
additional sheet and I only listed my complete employment history so far.

My questions to all are :

A) Would these time gaps as a student (on F1 visa in the US) or the 2-3 months of
unemployment (in between jobs) pose a problem for me since I didn't mention them ?
Can I be called for an interview 'coz of this ? Anyone with a similar experience ?

B) If I do send in additional data to the Buffalo center by fax (like a sheet of
paper saying that I forgot to add in a record of all my events since 18yrs of age
and then actually listing out each and every event), would this late submission of
data hamper my case processing since I had forgotten to include this with my
original application form ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please help...

Thank you, Ravi

Old Apr 12th 2002, 6:00 pm
A Friend

Default Re: Application form question.

I have the same problems as yours so when I filed my application, I added an
explanation page of the gap times and just simply said that I was unemployed.
Basically what you need to do is just state the truth. It worked for me. I applied in
Novemebr 2000 and got my file in January, no interview, got my LP in April 2001.

E-mail me if you have any concern,

Good luck,,,

DS

"Ravi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I applied in Oct of 2001 for my PR. On the application form for the PR, there's
    > a place where one has to list one's work history from the age of 18 onwards. I
    > had done so, but there were gaps of time in the last few years, when I was
    > either studying or unemployed. However, I inadvertantly did NOT include these
    > few time gaps on an additional sheet and I only listed my complete employment
    > history so far.
    >
    > My questions to all are :
    >
    > A) Would these time gaps as a student (on F1 visa in the US) or the 2-3 months of
    > unemployment (in between jobs) pose a problem for me since I didn't mention them
    > ? Can I be called for an interview 'coz of this ? Anyone with a similar
    > experience ?
    >
    > B) If I do send in additional data to the Buffalo center by fax (like a sheet of
    > paper saying that I forgot to add in a record of all my events since 18yrs of
    > age and then actually listing out each and every event), would this late
    > submission of data hamper my case processing since I had forgotten to include
    > this with my original application form ?
    >
    > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please help...
    >
    > Thank you, Ravi

Old Apr 13th 2002, 10:30 am
Deepred

Hi DS. Thanks for your reply, my friend. In my case, I forgot to include this sheet
of paper (explaining the time gaps as student and as unemployed) at the time that I
sent in my application. So I was wondering if it's ok to fax it in now to Buffalo ?
Or do you think this will be bad in anyway for the processing ? I just don't know if
it's advisable to send it in so late after having sent the app. No harm I guess ??
Please advise....

Thank you so much ! -Ravi.

"A Friend" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] .rogers.com>...
    > I have the same problems as yours so when I filed my application, I added an
    > explanation page of the gap times and just simply said that I was unemployed.
    > Basically what you need to do is just state the truth. It worked for me. I applied
    > in Novemebr 2000 and got my file in January, no interview, got my LP in April 2001.
    >
    > E-mail me if you have any concern,
    >
    > Good luck,,,
    >
    > DS
    >
    > "Ravi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I applied in Oct of 2001 for my PR. On the application form for the PR, there's
    > > a place where one has to list one's work history from the age of 18 onwards. I
    > > had done so, but there were gaps of time in the last few years, when I was
    > > either studying or unemployed. However, I inadvertantly did NOT include these
    > > few time gaps on an additional sheet and I only listed my complete employment
    > > history so far.
    > >
    > > My questions to all are :
    > >
    > > A) Would these time gaps as a student (on F1 visa in the US) or the 2-3 months of
    > > unemployment (in between jobs) pose a problem for me since I didn't mention
    > > them ? Can I be called for an interview 'coz of this ? Anyone with a similar
    > > experience ?
    > >
    > > B) If I do send in additional data to the Buffalo center by fax (like a sheet of
    > > paper saying that I forgot to add in a record of all my events since 18yrs of
    > > age and then actually listing out each and every event), would this late
    > > submission of data hamper my case processing since I had forgotten to include
    > > this with my original application form ?
    > >
    > > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please help...
    > >
    > > Thank you, Ravi

Old Apr 13th 2002, 5:00 pm
Deepred

Hi, can someone please help with this question ? I'd greatly appreciate any advice
posted here or by email at [email protected] Thnks.. -Ravi.

[email protected] (Deepred) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi DS. Thanks for your reply, my friend. In my case, I forgot to include this sheet
    > of paper (explaining the time gaps as student and as unemployed) at the time that I
    > sent in my application. So I was wondering if it's ok to fax it in now to Buffalo ?
    > Or do you think this will be bad in anyway for the processing ? I just don't know
    > if it's advisable to send it in so late after having sent the app. No harm I guess
    > ?? Please advise....
    >
    > Thank you so much ! -Ravi.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "A Friend" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected] .rogers.com>...
    > > I have the same problems as yours so when I filed my application, I added an
    > > explanation page of the gap times and just simply said that I was unemployed.
    > > Basically what you need to do is just state the truth. It worked for me. I
    > > applied in Novemebr 2000 and got my file in January, no interview, got my LP in
    > > April 2001.
    > >
    > > E-mail me if you have any concern,
    > >
    > > Good luck,,,
    > >
    > > DS
    > >
    > > "Ravi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I applied in Oct of 2001 for my PR. On the application form for the PR, there's
    > > > a place where one has to list one's work history from the age of 18 onwards. I
    > > > had done so, but there were gaps of time in the last few years, when I was
    > > > either studying or unemployed. However, I inadvertantly did NOT include these
    > > > few time gaps on an additional sheet and I only listed my complete employment
    > > > history so far.
    > > >
    > > > My questions to all are :
    > > >
    > > > A) Would these time gaps as a student (on F1 visa in the US) or the 2-3 months
    > > > of unemployment (in between jobs) pose a problem for me since I didn't
    > > > mention them ? Can I be called for an interview 'coz of this ? Anyone with a
    > > > similar experience ?
    > > >
    > > > B) If I do send in additional data to the Buffalo center by fax (like a sheet
    > > > of paper saying that I forgot to add in a record of all my events since
    > > > 18yrs of age and then actually listing out each and every event), would this
    > > > late submission of data hamper my case processing since I had forgotten to
    > > > include this with my original application form ?
    > > >
    > > > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please help...
    > > >
    > > > Thank you, Ravi