British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/aor-london-june-july-2010-progress-updates-686709/)

fridgedesign Feb 19th 2011 5:36 am

Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Congratulations to everyone receiving their 'In Process' status... I'm super jealous... I'm gonna send my 'move your ass' email on Monday...

Concerning the letter does anyone wanna post want they wrote in their letter/email?

Mac2 Feb 19th 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 9187837)
Congratulations to everyone receiving their 'In Process' status... I'm super jealous... I'm gonna send my 'move your ass' email on Monday...

Concerning the letter does anyone wanna post want they wrote in their letter/email?

Here you go!

Dear Sir / Madam,
Case number XXXXXXXXXXX
We applied for Permanent Residence via the Post Feb 2008 Federal Skilled Worker route on 25th January 2010 and received the AOR from you on 24th May 2010. It has now been 8 months since we received the AOR and our application still shows as "received by visa office" on ECAS. As per your AOR letter we are sending this case specific email, as we have not had any further instructions from you for 8 months!
Please can you advise when we should be processed or if you require further info from us?
Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PMM Feb 19th 2011 11:07 am

Hi

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9187849)
Here you go!

Dear Sir / Madam,
Case number XXXXXXXXXXX
We applied for Permanent Residence via the Post Feb 2008 Federal Skilled Worker route on 25th January 2010 and received the AOR from you on 24th May 2010. It has now been 8 months since we received the AOR and our application still shows as "received by visa office" on ECAS. As per your AOR letter we are sending this case specific email, as we have not had any further instructions from you for 8 months!
Please can you advise when we should be processed or if you require further info from us?
Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Have you looked at the processing times (for I assume London) for post February applications? It is 13 months for 80% of the applications.

Mac2 Feb 19th 2011 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 9188308)
Hi

Have you looked at the processing times (for I assume London) for post February applications? It is 13 months for 80% of the applications.

Yes we have, however for all the applicants before us on the post feb 2008 stream except for one or two with similar timelines. 8 months at "received by visa office" was unusual! I took advice and was advised to chase London up. It also states to do this in the AOR letter. Another thing to remember is if London have sent you a letter asking for more information and you fail to respond due to it going missing in the post you will be rejected without further attempts at contact. So best not to wait for ever before sending them an email!

james.mc Feb 19th 2011 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9188898)
Yes we have, however for all the applicants before us on the post feb 2008 stream except for one or two with similar timelines. 8 months at "received by visa office" was unusual! I took advice and was advised to chase London up. It also states to do this in the AOR letter. Another thing to remember is if London have sent you a letter asking for more information and you fail to respond due to it going missing in the post you will be rejected without further attempts at contact. So best not to wait for ever before sending them an email!

I agree with Mac2's approach.

1) If the AOR letter says 8 months then 8 months it should be, until they start pumping out letters that say (maybe) 9 months or 10 months. Basically you would be doing nothing other than following their instructions. Can't see anyone faulting that.

2) What Mac2 says about missing request for more information letters is also very pertinent as it may help protect an application against that missed letter scenario, as rare as it may be.

IMHO Sending a case specific letter at the 8 month point is playing it safe and exactly what I will do when the time comes. Generic reply or not, it's worth doing, rather that trying to second guess fluctuating processing periods, doing nothing and waiting in the hope that you haven't slipped through the net somehow.

fridgedesign Feb 21st 2011 8:42 pm

Hi

Did you send the enquiry via a certain email address or via the form on the website?

Mac2 Feb 21st 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 9193379)
Hi

Did you send the enquiry via a certain email address or via the form on the website?

Via the web site

fridgedesign Feb 21st 2011 8:52 pm

Message sent, fingers crossed I hear something soon :fingerscrossed:

Bucks_Family Feb 21st 2011 9:48 pm

We've just sent an email too, both the wife and I have just changed jobs so we used the excuse of informing CHC about this as an excuse to email, although our 8 months are up in a couple of weeks anyway. Hate bothering them but it has seemed to yield results recently.

tracys Feb 21st 2011 10:14 pm

OMG! Just checked ecas and we are finally "In Process"!

A week after e-mailing CHC re 8 months since AOR. Can't believe it. :fingerscrossed:for med requests soon.

rubberduckofdeath Feb 21st 2011 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 9193531)
OMG! Just checked ecas and we are finally "In Process"!

A week after e-mailing CHC re 8 months since AOR. Can't believe it. :fingerscrossed:for med requests soon.

Sweet! Good stuff, happy for you :thumbsup:

tracys Feb 21st 2011 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9193535)
Sweet! Good stuff, happy for you :thumbsup:

Thank you.

My OH checked it for first time, he must have the touch:lol:

MapleSauce Feb 22nd 2011 1:03 am

Congrats!!!!! :thumbup:

It's a great feeling!

beckybev Feb 22nd 2011 5:13 am

Congratulations, that is fab news :thumbsup:

LinsyPinsy Feb 22nd 2011 6:07 am