British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/aor-london-june-july-2010-progress-updates-686709/)

fridgedesign Feb 19th 2011 5:36 am

Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Congratulations to everyone receiving their 'In Process' status... I'm super jealous... I'm gonna send my 'move your ass' email on Monday...

Concerning the letter does anyone wanna post want they wrote in their letter/email?

Mac2 Feb 19th 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 9187837)
Congratulations to everyone receiving their 'In Process' status... I'm super jealous... I'm gonna send my 'move your ass' email on Monday...

Concerning the letter does anyone wanna post want they wrote in their letter/email?

Here you go!

Dear Sir / Madam,
Case number XXXXXXXXXXX
We applied for Permanent Residence via the Post Feb 2008 Federal Skilled Worker route on 25th January 2010 and received the AOR from you on 24th May 2010. It has now been 8 months since we received the AOR and our application still shows as "received by visa office" on ECAS. As per your AOR letter we are sending this case specific email, as we have not had any further instructions from you for 8 months!
Please can you advise when we should be processed or if you require further info from us?
Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PMM Feb 19th 2011 11:07 am

Hi

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9187849)
Here you go!

Dear Sir / Madam,
Case number XXXXXXXXXXX
We applied for Permanent Residence via the Post Feb 2008 Federal Skilled Worker route on 25th January 2010 and received the AOR from you on 24th May 2010. It has now been 8 months since we received the AOR and our application still shows as "received by visa office" on ECAS. As per your AOR letter we are sending this case specific email, as we have not had any further instructions from you for 8 months!
Please can you advise when we should be processed or if you require further info from us?
Kind regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Have you looked at the processing times (for I assume London) for post February applications? It is 13 months for 80% of the applications.

Mac2 Feb 19th 2011 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 9188308)
Hi

Have you looked at the processing times (for I assume London) for post February applications? It is 13 months for 80% of the applications.

Yes we have, however for all the applicants before us on the post feb 2008 stream except for one or two with similar timelines. 8 months at "received by visa office" was unusual! I took advice and was advised to chase London up. It also states to do this in the AOR letter. Another thing to remember is if London have sent you a letter asking for more information and you fail to respond due to it going missing in the post you will be rejected without further attempts at contact. So best not to wait for ever before sending them an email!

james.mc Feb 19th 2011 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9188898)
Yes we have, however for all the applicants before us on the post feb 2008 stream except for one or two with similar timelines. 8 months at "received by visa office" was unusual! I took advice and was advised to chase London up. It also states to do this in the AOR letter. Another thing to remember is if London have sent you a letter asking for more information and you fail to respond due to it going missing in the post you will be rejected without further attempts at contact. So best not to wait for ever before sending them an email!

I agree with Mac2's approach.

1) If the AOR letter says 8 months then 8 months it should be, until they start pumping out letters that say (maybe) 9 months or 10 months. Basically you would be doing nothing other than following their instructions. Can't see anyone faulting that.

2) What Mac2 says about missing request for more information letters is also very pertinent as it may help protect an application against that missed letter scenario, as rare as it may be.

IMHO Sending a case specific letter at the 8 month point is playing it safe and exactly what I will do when the time comes. Generic reply or not, it's worth doing, rather that trying to second guess fluctuating processing periods, doing nothing and waiting in the hope that you haven't slipped through the net somehow.

fridgedesign Feb 21st 2011 8:42 pm

Hi

Did you send the enquiry via a certain email address or via the form on the website?

Mac2 Feb 21st 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 9193379)
Hi

Did you send the enquiry via a certain email address or via the form on the website?

Via the web site

fridgedesign Feb 21st 2011 8:52 pm

Message sent, fingers crossed I hear something soon :fingerscrossed:

Bucks_Family Feb 21st 2011 9:48 pm

We've just sent an email too, both the wife and I have just changed jobs so we used the excuse of informing CHC about this as an excuse to email, although our 8 months are up in a couple of weeks anyway. Hate bothering them but it has seemed to yield results recently.

tracys Feb 21st 2011 10:14 pm

OMG! Just checked ecas and we are finally "In Process"!

A week after e-mailing CHC re 8 months since AOR. Can't believe it. :fingerscrossed:for med requests soon.

rubberduckofdeath Feb 21st 2011 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 9193531)
OMG! Just checked ecas and we are finally "In Process"!

A week after e-mailing CHC re 8 months since AOR. Can't believe it. :fingerscrossed:for med requests soon.

Sweet! Good stuff, happy for you :thumbsup:

tracys Feb 21st 2011 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9193535)
Sweet! Good stuff, happy for you :thumbsup:

Thank you.

My OH checked it for first time, he must have the touch:lol:

MapleSauce Feb 22nd 2011 1:03 am

Congrats!!!!! :thumbup:

It's a great feeling!

beckybev Feb 22nd 2011 5:13 am

Congratulations, that is fab news :thumbsup:

LinsyPinsy Feb 22nd 2011 6:07 am

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa:thumbup:

tracys Feb 24th 2011 8:05 am

Thanks for good wishes.:fingerscrossed:for those stilll waiting for news from CHC.

fridgedesign Feb 28th 2011 5:31 am

FINGERS CROSSED FOR TOMORROW :fingerscrossed:

tracys Feb 28th 2011 6:41 am

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 9208272)
FINGERS CROSSED FOR TOMORROW :fingerscrossed:

Good luck FD, we got ours a week after the e-mail was sent so :fingerscrossed:for you too!

fridgedesign Feb 28th 2011 10:49 pm

8 Months on & just moved into 'In Process'!!!!!!!

Finally!!!!

MapleSauce Feb 28th 2011 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 9210105)

Finally!!!!

GET IN!!!! Congrats!!! :thumbup::thumbsup:

fridgedesign Feb 28th 2011 10:52 pm

Yeah now another - god knows how long - before med requests & the end is still looking so far!!!!

james.mc Feb 28th 2011 10:54 pm

Finally!!!!

Great! :thumbsup:

Time to update that time-line in your signature file.. that'll surely induce a warm fuzzy feeling in you :D

The more of you June/July 2010 people that go into process the better for us August AOR's ;)

Bucks_Family Mar 1st 2011 12:10 am

And ANOTHER one... We've gone "In Process" today too. We had sent a case specific email about our new jobs last week, it might be a coincidence, or maybe it helped.

Either way, meds request next....

tracys Mar 1st 2011 12:32 am

Finally!!!!

Fantastic news FD, really happy for you, :fingerscrossed: for med requests soon!

tracys Mar 1st 2011 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family (Post 9210238)
And ANOTHER one... We've gone "In Process" today too. We had sent a case specific email about our new jobs last week, it might be a coincidence, or maybe it helped.

Either way, meds request next....

Congrats Bucks_family, looks like things are moving again at CHC London:fingerscrossed:

Sumner5 Mar 1st 2011 4:53 am

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 9210265)
Congrats Bucks_family, looks like things are moving again at CHC London:fingerscrossed:

'In Process' for us today too! Yippee!!

anunlikelyunion Mar 1st 2011 5:03 am

Oh wow, I am so happy for you guys! And extremely jealous too!!!! Can´t wait for CIC London to start tackling the August AOR´s. So happy for you though, you must be so relieved. Let´s hope the med requests come through quickly for you guys! :)

beckybev Mar 1st 2011 5:04 am

Congratulations to everyone who went 'In Process' today!!

Sumner5, When did you receive your AOR?

tracys Mar 1st 2011 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Sumner5 (Post 9210843)
'In Process' for us today too! Yippee!!

Congrats Sumner5 :thumbsup: Lets hope we receive med requests soon!

LinsyPinsy Mar 1st 2011 6:47 am

what great news for you all :thumbup:

Sumner5 Mar 1st 2011 7:09 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 9211037)
what great news for you all :thumbup:

Have attempted to add timeline to answer questions about our 'journey'!!

Fingers crossed for ALL our medical requests soon.

pfw Mar 1st 2011 7:19 am

Also "in process" today :eek: We sent them scans of some updated passports last week - coincidence?

(I'm not 100% if I should be in this thread or the August one - our AOR letter only arrived here mid-August although it was dated mid-July...?)

rach_woz99 Mar 1st 2011 12:36 pm

Wow - lots of movement!

My mum is "in process" from July I think, FSW1, she sent a case specific email 4pm yesterday, and got a reply today (!) saying she has been processed and to expect medical requests soon - woohoo !!

Just a co-incidence maybe, but it really seems that those who send emails seem to be seeing movement. Bring it on !!!:thumbsup:

Good luck to all those still waiting x

james.mc Mar 1st 2011 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by pfw (Post 9211102)

(I'm not 100% if I should be in this thread or the August one - our AOR letter only arrived here mid-August although it was dated mid-July...?)

I'd go by the date on the letter, as that is what CIC will have on record as AOR, not when it reached your door mat.

So, AOR mid July it is :) :thumbup:

shazza69 Mar 1st 2011 9:20 pm

oh how jealous am i guys. i sent a case specific email on the 22 feb as im almost up to my 8 month mark and ive not heard a thing still saying received by visa office......im so envious im beginning to think ive been forgotten...:confused:

james.mc Mar 1st 2011 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by shazza69 (Post 9212603)
oh how jealous am i guys. i sent a case specific email on the 22 feb as im almost up to my 8 month mark and ive not heard a thing still saying received by visa office......im so envious im beginning to think ive been forgotten...:confused:

Come on Shazza.. it's not that bad. You'll be in the 'In process' club soon enough ;)

rubberduckofdeath Mar 6th 2011 8:33 pm

<crosses fingers for some more movement tomorrow> :fingerscrossed:

Zhanna Mar 12th 2011 5:22 am

Just discovered we've moved into 'in process'. Our AOR was August 2010.
I understand that the next stage will be either refusal, or request for more documents, or medicals. Does anybody know how long that next stage might take? Many thanks!

heading-west Mar 12th 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Zhanna (Post 9235110)
I understand that the next stage will be either refusal, or request for more documents, or medicals. Does anybody know how long that next stage might take? Many thanks!

the answer here I'm afraid is YGIAGAM.....
[your guess is as good as mine] ;)
but congrats on your in processing! I'm officially excited now :eek:

I looked on Trackitt.com yesterday and discoverd that 1 entry for London has received meds requests last week. thats the first one since sept/oct last year!

I hope they will get us all processing now!

james.mc Mar 12th 2011 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Zhanna (Post 9235110)

Congrats on going into process :thumbup:

You might wish to post this update in the August 2010 AOR thread (which your application falls under), I'm sure there will be a few August AOR's interested to see that you appear to be the first of us August AOR's (CIC London) to go into process.