Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Hi guys, I just thought I'd say how good it is to hear that people with our timeline are starting to get medical requests!
By December I had pretty much given up on the idea of moving to Canada and had even started to try to convince my OH to do the same. Luckily he can be stubborn as a mule and insisted we carry on and I am glad he did, because I know that if we'd given up I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. So, hearing that thing are starting to move again at CIC is just SO uplifting, I feel so much more optimistic again now. Good luck to all guys, may we all be able to live our dream very soon!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

You've done the hardest bit whcih is gather all the docs, submit them and pay the fees - you'd be mad to withdraw - we're continuing with other plans in tandem in case it doesnt work out but will be a pleasant development when the med requests come.......
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi guys, I just thought I'd say how good it is to hear that people with our timeline are starting to get medical requests!
By December I had pretty much given up on the idea of moving to Canada and had even started to try to convince my OH to do the same. Luckily he can be stubborn as a mule and insisted we carry on and I am glad he did, because I know that if we'd given up I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. So, hearing that thing are starting to move again at CIC is just SO uplifting, I feel so much more optimistic again now. Good luck to all guys, may we all be able to live our dream very soon!
I too had given up.....i got a new job, we had our house valued and were looking to move as we thought it would never happen!
But finally something positive has happened and will for others too, especially now as someone has got meds who are not on the recent NOC list!!

Fingers and Toes crossed......
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
I'm freaking the shit out! arrgggh!

Question: something completely passed my mind, my father passed away 4 months ago and I completely forgot to let the VISA office know that there was now a change on my family section in the application....

Do you think that would effect my application?? should I let them know??
I'd let them know. At least it means your file will be pulled and then....who knows. All the best of luck and in so sorry for your loss.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by julietaba
Thanks guys ecas changed to 'in process' 2 days after we got the med req so I don't have much faith in it! We did email back in December asking for a status update since we hadnt heard anything for such a long time, I don't know if that has anything to do with the sudden activity! My husband is a university lecturer, I can't remember the NOC code! Hope you guys hear soon - we had virtually written off the idea of moving as it has taken so long!
Yippee!! I am a university lecturer, and the NOC is 4121. That's just great!
Thanks....
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:31 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by S.Beckett
Yippee!! I am a university lecturer, and the NOC is 4121. That's just great!
Thanks....
4121 isnt on the list .. does this mean what I think it means?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:37 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by unusual78
4121 isnt on the list .. does this mean what I think it means?
Apologies .. just read the past posts .. Must say all this seems encouraging .. hopefully the next three months or so will bring good news for most of us from July / Aug 10 AOR's.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

....... Must say all this seems encouraging .. hopefully the next three months or so will bring good news for most of us from July / Aug 10 AOR's.
I'll drink to that
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by heading-west
I'll drink to that
I'll join you... may have 2!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:31 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
I'll join you... may have 2!
oh well I will have one too then .. if nothing else it good to see some of us smiling
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:41 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Apologies .. just read the past posts .. Must say all this seems encouraging .. hopefully the next three months or so will bring good news for most of us from July / Aug 10 AOR's.
Don't forget us May 2010 aor's
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mac2
Don't forget us May 2010 aor's
I think of us all as the 'May to September AOR's'. We all seem to be in this together dont we ;-)

Mac2 pull up a stool and have a drink with us
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 4:04 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by heading-west
I think of us all as the 'May to September AOR's'. We all seem to be in this together dont we ;-)

Mac2 pull up a stool and have a drink with us
Thanks - mines a G&T!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Not wanting to piss on the parade but they sent my medical request to the wrong address. They sent it to my origional address (which I sold over 18 months ago) I informed them by letter and email of my new address and they confirmed that my file had been updated yet still the medical request was sent to my old address. Luckily the guy I sold the place too contacted me and asked 'do you need this letter from the Canadian government or shall I just bin it'It's on it's way to me in Canada Medical booked for Feb 13 If you've moved since applying may just be worth keeping 1 eye on the old address.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Not wanting to piss on the parade but they sent my medical request to the wrong address. They sent it to my origional address (which I sold over 18 months ago) I informed them by letter and email of my new address and they confirmed that my file had been updated yet still the medical request was sent to my old address. Luckily the guy I sold the place too contacted me and asked 'do you need this letter from the Canadian government or shall I just bin it'It's on it's way to me in Canada Medical booked for Feb 13 If you've moved since applying may just be worth keeping 1 eye on the old address.
OMG!!! now I am panicking as we have changed address twice since we sold our house!!! does your ecas status show your old address? if any?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.