Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by scotty1974
I've been reading on the Canadavisa.com forum that some of the Pakistani applicants who got 6-12 month wait letters have received contact from the LVO asking for updated documents but also advising that their applications will not be finalised until 2014 and not to contact them for 18 months!!!

This is really bad news and I think we should brace ourselves for the same

Talk about depressing
Yep - Scotty - I was reading on that Forum and must admit, it put me in a lousy mood for the day yesterday... These applicants did apply via London VO, and received the 6-12 month wait letter, though I think most are from Pakistan...

But I imagine that Jim could be correct about it being applicants from Pakistan that could be taking longer with background checks, maybe... Just cannot contemplate being told to wait for another 18 months - we would have to throw the towel in...

I really don't like giving up, after all this time, but I feel that to tell us that would be the absolute final straw for us. Waiting out to hear something by the end of April, then we will re-assess and decide what we do from then.

We are thinking of actually taking a family holiday this year (our 7 yr old has not been on one yet, as we are always waiting and trying not to spend extra money, 'in case we move this year' etc.). But I think it is time to tempt fate - and if it does throw at us the long-awaited med reqs the day after we pay for our hols - then so be it! I will just need to find a second job!

Last edited by witchileiz; Feb 24th 2013 at 7:39 am.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Same here we have not been on a holiday either, like you trying to save all the money we can.

It feels cic can do what they want, when they want.

Like i said i think us living in the uk should be fine as our background checks are easy to trace.

Lets all hope we get the medical request we all deserve.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:54 am
Just Joined

destination canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Yep - Scotty - I was reading on that Forum and must admit, it put me in a lousy mood for the day yesterday... These applicants did apply via London VO, and received the 6-12 month wait letter, though I think most are from Pakistan...

But I imagine that Jim could be correct about it being applicants from Pakistan that could be taking longer with background checks, maybe... Just cannot contemplate being told to wait for another 18 months - we would have to throw the towel in...

I really don't like giving up, after all this time, but I feel that to tell us that would be the absolute final straw for us. Waiting out to hear something by the end of April, then we will re-assess and decide what we do from then.

We are thinking of actually taking a family holiday this year (our 7 yr old has not been on one yet, as we are always waiting and trying not to spend extra money, 'in case we move this year' etc.). But I think it is time to tempt fate - and if it does throw at us the long-awaited med reqs the day after we pay for our hols - then so be it! I will just need to find a second job!
hello there,

i am newbie to this thread, also 6-12 months wait letter holder, have been following other forum canadavisa, just to make our day more worse sounding, i guess, i am going to get 18 months wait letter in coming days but the sad news is i am not from pakistan, as you guys are discussing only they are getting or will get 18 months letter, hope you guys are right, but, i am afraid, we all gonna get it
Old Feb 24th 2013, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by destination canada
hello there,

i am newbie to this thread, also 6-12 months wait letter holder, have been following other forum canadavisa, just to make our day more worse sounding, i guess, i am going to get 18 months wait letter in coming days but the sad news is i am not from pakistan, as you guys are discussing only they are getting or will get 18 months letter, hope you guys are right, but, i am afraid, we all gonna get it
Hi and welcome to the thread DC!

Could I ask:- was your application transferred to London VO, from another VO? How come you are expecting to get the letter/email? Have other people you know received it?

I guess we are clutching at straws...but straws are all we have these days...
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Hi dc are you from the uk
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Hi and welcome to the thread DC!

Could I ask:- was your application transferred to London VO, from another VO? How come you are expecting to get the letter/email? Have other people you know received it?

I guess we are clutching at straws...but straws are all we have these days...
hi,

nope not yet, but, yes, some of my fellow 6-12 months wait letter holders already got updated docs request email that also suggest to wait for 18 months and it says the final decision might take upto 2014, i am among them but not from UK though, still haven't got the updated docs email that says wait 18 more months but march is the month where all this chaos had started (6-12 months wait letter to begin with, if you remember, back in march-2012), so as i have not received the updated docs request so far, i might also fall into this new pathetic cic move. i hope, i am wrong
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi dc are you from the uk
hi,

nope i am residing currently in ksa, but, also received 6-12 months wait letter back in july 2012, so, we are kinda connected
Old Feb 26th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi All, I'm having one of those days today where I'm wondering if this process will never end. I know I'm not the first or the last.

I've been reading about people receiving letters stating that they won't receive a decision until 2014. This, to me, is unbelievable considering the amount of time we've already been waiting. The backlog was supposed to have been sorted out by May 2013.

Surely they won't ask anyone who has done medicals to wait another year at least. We thought that when we got medical requests in October that we'd almost reached the finish line. I just can't stand the thought of having to wait AGAIN!!

Rant over, I guess I'm just having one of those days.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:39 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

BeckyBev the watchword for you is relax.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
BeckyBev the watchword for you is relax.
Thanks for your reassuring response Jim, I'll try.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

we got a response from CIC yesterday advising they recieved our updated documents and will contact us again once they have been reviewed

I'm praying that we're not going to get caught in this 18 month wait - 2014 stuff
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:39 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Landed yesterday (26th Feb 2013) at Vancouver (YVR).

Now in Victoria, heading out to Sooke later.

Will write a little on our landing experience later as we have a pile of admin to start chasing up now!

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 27th 2013 at 1:41 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:57 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to our little island.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by james.mc

Will write a little on our landing experience later as we have a pile of admin to start chasing up now!
best of luck in Canada James!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 4:17 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by james.mc

Finally! Nice one
All the best

Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.