Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 13th 2014, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Booked our seats on 7th May
Whats the best way to transfer funds to canada
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:27 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Hi all .. would appreciate if anyone can clairfy. We are sending in updated Police Certificates in the hope that it may trigger them to take some action on our file. I understand that since April 14, 2014, they are only accepting visa applications submitted online or through the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London. The immigration reception at CHC London is no longer open for any type of business such as submission of applications, documents or passports, or for any enquiry. So shall we send the PC's to below address or to the VAC

Canadian High Commission
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
UK
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I submitted my police certificate as well as updated forms last December to the same address (Canadian High Commission, Immigration and ...), also I have sent RPRF and updated passports to the same address last month, and the documents were received by London visa office.

Thanks,
A.Q
Originally Posted by unusual78
Hi all .. would appreciate if anyone can clairfy. We are sending in updated Police Certificates in the hope that it may trigger them to take some action on our file. I understand that since April 14, 2014, they are only accepting visa applications submitted online or through the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London. The immigration reception at CHC London is no longer open for any type of business such as submission of applications, documents or passports, or for any enquiry. So shall we send the PC's to below address or to the VAC

Canadian High Commission
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
UK
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

I posted this up on a general thread as well but just wanted to share with yiur guys that our PR arrived this morning. 6 days after dropping off our passports- the quickest step in the entire process!!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:57 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
I posted this up on a general thread as well but just wanted to share with yiur guys that our PR arrived this morning. 6 days after dropping off our passports- the quickest step in the entire process!!
Brilliant Wolfie and Will .. look forward to the new life .. wish you all the best.

Here's hoping that we too will get sorted in 2014.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Me too! When did you last have communication with them. We definately were quite hands off with communicating with them but the last couple of emails we have sent them have not hurt. Have your CAIPS notes shed any light. I got ours in July 2012 and they told me that our file had only been looked at in April of that year but the bring forward date was handy...
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:21 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Me too! When did you last have communication with them. We definately were quite hands off with communicating with them but the last couple of emails we have sent them have not hurt. Have your CAIPS notes shed any light. I got ours in July 2012 and they told me that our file had only been looked at in April of that year but the bring forward date was handy...
Have had regular correspondence .. see other posts from us .. they have made various blunders with our file .. at present they are telling us since April last year that lenghty background checks are in process on our file and MR will be sent once those are concluded.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Im just having a bit of a panic attack here, ordered the bank draft, all fine and dandy, but they needed an address? for it, I just said Canada...
Is that going to cause an issue, should I have had the London offices address?
argh, panic!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

kazmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Just been reading a few posts here about people waiting, I agree it can be agonising and doesn't help in making future plans when you have kids. We have two boys now (2 and 8 months) while we had none when this process started. I hope my time line helps someone, we are off to Vancouver when its all done.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:38 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Kaz - I hope you informed CIC about the 2 children if they were not born in Canada.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

kazmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol. Yes we did. They were actually both born in the US so we has to add them to the application early this year.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Meds completed, getting to Knightsbridge during a tube strike... 50mins to do 3.1 miles in traffic! My blood pressure showed a little high on the 1st reading, then ok on the next, I wonder why!
X-rays all clear, and if we don't hear anything by Thursday, bloods will have been fine as well.
I can't recommend Knightsbridge Doctors enough, though don't let the wife take her purse, the proximity to Harrods and Harvey Nic nearly cost me a fortune!

They did say that they have seen a sudden surge in medicals, so fingers crossed those still waiting will be called forward soon!
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to the Knightsbridge clinic on 16 May for our meds, hoping being overweight isn't an issue as haven't lost as much as I need to yet. Can't believe that after 4 years were within touching distance of a decision.
Old May 1st 2014, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MegSnow
We're going to the Knightsbridge clinic on 16 May for our meds, hoping being overweight isn't an issue as haven't lost as much as I need to yet. Can't believe that after 4 years were within touching distance of a decision.
*ahem* weight is not really an issue and the scales are "Kind" I lost half a stone compared to the scales at home!
Old May 2nd 2014, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I hate medicals, always afraid they will find something I didn't know I had lol! Scared as well that we've paid all this money out and I'll be refused! I'm never ill so hopefully everything will be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.