Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

GREAT news everyone!!!!!:It's unbelievable how fast it's moving!! Can't wait to get home and get my police cert sent off! Got to make the most of this go fast period!! :-)) Again really happy for everyone. It's all been good news recently :-)

Last edited by kat-b; Nov 6th 2013 at 5:52 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Thanks every one for the best wishes, hope we hear more and more good news for every one in this thread.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

We are heading to Vancouver BC and we are planning to go some times in March or April hopefully everything goes ok.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Congratulations everyone! :-)

Fingers crossed we will be back in North Van sometime next year :fingers crossed:
BritishExpats meet up anyone :-)
Old Nov 8th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

OK - thought I would post this for those who are about to go through this also:

We did our meds in Manchester last Friday. All went well, though OH was not convinced he didn't have Creeping Dog Rot until we didn't hear back re Xrays a few days later... (he is not the most optimistic person, you understand). Anyway, no scary phone calls and on ECAS today it says Medicals Received (yippee! First bit of new news on there for YEARS!)

Medicals were not what we expected at all, after reading others' posts...guess it depends who you get/which year, etc.

Three of us: OH, daughter 7yrs and myself all into doctors office: weight and height taken, then all 3 of us had eye tests (OH struggled with one letter), then me behind screen in undies, checked heart, abdomen, reflexes, extensions, eyes, breasts (awkward!), and touching toes. Then off to do urine samples, then xray for me, daughter in undies and tests...OH having xray at this point. Then all done. We did notice he put my surname on OH by mistake (we live in sin), which we mentioned twice to diff people hoping they would rectify. (Do not want silly mistakes to take up any more time!).

Hardly any questions about lifestyle and habits etc. That was it, other than the wallet slimming at the end...

We also got our Police Certs back within a week using the slow option....so I recommend NOT taking the speedy-costs-twice-as-much option unless you are desperate...

Now awaiting Bankers Draft - which should take 3 days (Barclays). I went yesterday, as wanted to wait for no news from meds before shelling out, plus attempted to go via little local Lloyds bank a few days ago, and he was talking about 5+ working days, needing to keep the money in there until cashed, and faxing!! This was enough to make me reel in horror (fax???).

So went to Sheffield town to my other bank (yes, I own it) Barclays, and much more civilized - up to 3 days, they call me and take the money immediately.

So as soon as I get the call, I have the envelope with Police Certs good to go. BTW - Barclays did advise me to send the draft as traced/signed for, as they do not insure against it getting lost? Hmmmm not so keen on that, but will make sure it gets there.

OK - best of luck to all of you, and I would definitely entertain a Van meet up at some point, though after seeing the scary queues at the ferry terminal, I may be less enthusiastic when the time comes - but hey I think it is a great idea!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Sounds good!! :-)) i just posted rprf and police certs today as soon as I got home after being away for a week, special delivery so will be with cic before 1300 hrs on Monday. Do you think its optimistic to expect COPR by close of play? ;-)
Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Agree with you re the medical, it was pretty standard and felt a little old school, those swinging wooden eye test boards you got as a kid!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Agree with you re the medical, it was pretty standard and felt a little old school, those swinging wooden eye test boards you got as a kid!
Yeah I know - all quite odd really. I was really impressed to see the updates on ECAS...all seems to be moving at speed now. Wish I had ignored OH's paranoia and ordered drafts earlier, but then, we are not expecting to move before Xmas anyway (unless a miracle happens and I get a job I recently applied for that was perfect for me!)

But what's another few months after all this time, eh? Annoyingly for me, my current work contract runs out at the end of Dec. here in the UK. Need something in the meantime, but my heart is not really in it.....I want to be in Canada!

Good luck Kat - hope you do get your PPR within days/weeks! Do you have a date you are moving, or is it 'as soon as'...?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Yeah I know - all quite odd really. I was really impressed to see the updates on ECAS...all seems to be moving at speed now. Wish I had ignored OH's paranoia and ordered drafts earlier, but then, we are not expecting to move before Xmas anyway (unless a miracle happens and I get a job I recently applied for that was perfect for me!)

But what's another few months after all this time, eh? Annoyingly for me, my current work contract runs out at the end of Dec. here in the UK. Need something in the meantime, but my heart is not really in it.....I want to be in Canada!

Good luck Kat - hope you do get your PPR within days/weeks! Do you have a date you are moving, or is it 'as soon as'...?
I know I felt the same as everyone told me just to send police certs anyway but I didn't listen ;-) so then had a bit of a wait! You're right thiugh a few months mean nothing now! Honestly it's been so long and I'm actually pretty happy with work/life stuff here that I'm not in a great rush but also not not going to let it slide! I don't want to mess up career stuff so as soon as work that out I'll be over there! Unlike the rest of you west coasters I kind of fancy Calgary area, the mountains are amazing and loads of sunshine despite the cold winters ........ Not planning until this visa is in my hand!!! :-)) Looks like we might be getting copr round the same time!! :-))
Old Nov 9th 2013, 2:52 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kat-b
Sounds good!! :-)) i just posted rprf and police certs today as soon as I got home after being away for a week, special delivery so will be with cic before 1300 hrs on Monday. Do you think its optimistic to expect COPR by close of play? ;-)
Kat!
If you mean close of play 2013, I reckon you are in with a 90% chance.

Yeah..I was on of those that told you (to your face ) .. get your updated police cert sorted! Some people just never listen!

Calgary is flat and cold! Snow and ice on the roads already. Are you sure
8 degrees here today... it'll be raining though... Hey! this is BC after all
Calgary on the other hand is 16 degrees cooler at -8
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all - a bit of advice sought from those who have been asked to submit updated Schedule A and IMM0008 etc. forms.

The sections on Personal History and Addresses asks me to list everything from the age of 18 or the last 10 years (whichever is most recent). On my initial application I listed everything from the age of 18 as on the older forms it didn't give me this choice.

My email says (in bold) 'Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates.'

Am I right in assuming that what it says in the email should take precedent over the option on the forms to only list addresses/history from the last 10 years?

cheers

Jools
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jpod
Hi all - a bit of advice sought from those who have been asked to submit updated Schedule A and IMM0008 etc. forms.

The sections on Personal History and Addresses asks me to list everything from the age of 18 or the last 10 years (whichever is most recent). On my initial application I listed everything from the age of 18 as on the older forms it didn't give me this choice.

My email says (in bold) 'Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates.'

Am I right in assuming that what it says in the email should take precedent over the option on the forms to only list addresses/history from the last 10 years?

cheers

Jools
Hmmm I recall wondering about that too. Just had to check what I filled in: In the end, I went with work history of the last 10 yrs (as I had previously). So back to 2002/3 on a continuation sheet (I had many jobs in those years). I would be crying and it could appear quite flakey if I had to recall back to when I was 18, being a person who likes to experience some variation in jobs!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

We just did ours. They asked us to submit everything again and to be on the safe side, we went all the way back to 18 again. I had copies of everything we sent them in 2010 so just printed out a new continuation sheet. Better to be safe and avoid extra delays was my best guess.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Wolfie and Will (and Witchileiz),

Yes, that was my thinking - I have copies of the original forms so its no bother to go back to 18 again and update my continuation sheet. For the travels abroad form I'll go with last 10 years however!

cheers

Jools

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
We just did ours. They asked us to submit everything again and to be on the safe side, we went all the way back to 18 again. I had copies of everything we sent them in 2010 so just printed out a new continuation sheet. Better to be safe and avoid extra delays was my best guess.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by james.mc
Kat!
If you mean close of play 2013, I reckon you are in with a 90% chance.

Yeah..I was on of those that told you (to your face ) .. get your updated police cert sorted! Some people just never listen!

Calgary is flat and cold! Snow and ice on the roads already. Are you sure
8 degrees here today... it'll be raining though... Hey! this is BC after all
Calgary on the other hand is 16 degrees cooler at -8
I meant today but 2013 also works! ;-) I know I know but I can always migrate to the west coast if I can't handle the chill! ;-) nothing set in stone yet........just need a job anywhere first!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.