Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Wow, well done Bal, turning things around after the rejection. Where are you heading? Since you first started this thread we've sold our house in the UK so have some freedom now. We got the holding letter in April that told us we were eligible for further processing and to sit tight a bit longer. Just got back from a great month in Ontario and missing it already.

Gareth, congratulations on the Med requests, we were a couple of weeks ahead of you with our AOR but no request for us yet. Maybe they're in the post! Is your profession still 'on the list'?

Chris
Old Sep 21st 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriskatie
Wow, well done Bal, turning things around after the rejection. Where are you heading? Since you first started this thread we've sold our house in the UK so have some freedom now. We got the holding letter in April that told us we were eligible for further processing and to sit tight a bit longer. Just got back from a great month in Ontario and missing it already.

Gareth, congratulations on the Med requests, we were a couple of weeks ahead of you with our AOR but no request for us yet. Maybe they're in the post! Is your profession still 'on the list'?

Chris
Hi Chris - my aaplication is on the cat 3 (no longer in the system) so we qualified for processing after living in Canada for 1 year prior to application, so profession was not a factor
G
Old Sep 21st 2012, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Well done bal you got there in the end,hope the job works out
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Chris
hi chris, thanks for the message. As you guys can appreciate this move to Canada means everything to us, so i wasn't going to give up! we have lots of dear friends who we have really got to know over last 3 years in calgary, which is where we are moving to. We sold our beloved home here just 2 days ago after being on the market for only 2 weeks and 4 viewings.

the very best of luck to you both for your move to barrie, we'll keep in touch, take care...

Bal
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you bal - have followed your 'journey' and it seems that perseverance and dogged determination pay off!! Great stuff. Good Luck!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by graham and george
Well done bal you got there in the end,hope the job works out
hia! Guys,

thanks, it was a long time to keep motivated but when you truly want something for the people you love the most you would not stop trying until it succeeds
as i have explained to close friends and family here in uk, if i had been granted pr i would of wanted to join this company because its one of the best for looking after the employees i guess it was meant to be this way!

all the best

Bal
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peeshpie
Really pleased for you bal - have followed your 'journey' and it seems that perseverance and dogged determination pay off!! Great stuff. Good Luck!
hi peeshpie!

It's an absolutely huge mental relief and i can finally provide the future my family deserve

Thankyou for your warm wishes, it was lovely to know someone followed our rollercoaster ride
Take care, all the best for your future

Bal
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:48 am
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Guys ) I hope we hear from CIC soon .. anymore people with April/may 2011 AOR's out there ?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:35 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac2
Hi Bal UK,
We are May AOR's, I started a May thread some time ago http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686757 but its been quiet because no one had had any updates for a few months! hoping for something soon.
Mac.
Mac, you are a year ahead of us and Bal. Are you just gloating?
Opps, just noticed, too late to remove!
Hi Mac (Hope things are going well)

I know you posted that back in May but as I was reading through the thread you had me going for a moment there.
I remember you on BE from before and had to look twice to make sure you weren't pulling our leg

Last edited by james.mc; Nov 1st 2012 at 7:39 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:11 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by james.mc
Hi Mac (Hope things are going well)

I know you posted that back in May but as I was reading through the thread you had me going for a moment there.
I remember you on BE from before and had to look twice to make sure you weren't pulling our leg
Yep, Sorry about that LOL. We are doing OK, Landed just over a week ago. Now living in Kitchener and looking for work. Looks like you'll be here in a few months too......
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:15 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Sorry about that LOL. We are doing OK, Landed just over a week ago. Now living in Kitchener and looking for work. Looks like you'll be here in a few months too......
Glad all is going well... Should I look out for you in the Canniversary section?

Yes
Planning on landing early March 2013.

Probably around when some of those in this April/May 2011 thread land
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Everybody,

Had our medicals done in October 2012 - havent heard anything yet..... it say 2-3 months until we hear from them....... anybody else had a medical and heard/not heard anything form cic??
thanks
Gareth
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hey Everybody,

Had our medicals done in October 2012 - havent heard anything yet..... it say 2-3 months until we hear from them....... anybody else had a medical and heard/not heard anything form cic??
thanks
Gareth
Absolutely nothing!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

+1
Hope it picks up again
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Received an e-mail today asking for additional documents. It then went on to say "we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014"............oh, and not to disturb them for another 18 months.............they were really helpful though by telling us not to sell our house, give up our jobs or buy plane tickets..................unbelievable..!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.