Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Old Jun 13th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Hi guys,

I felt I would like to start this thread because I'd like to know who else has received their AOR in our timeline, so we can keep up to date with each others progress.

Just like the others before us have helped each other along their way towards medicals etc.

I hope we can count on each others support and everyone who has recieved their AOR in April/May time please reply so that we can keep track of the progress.

Thanks everyone.....

Bal.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:38 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hi guys,

I felt I would like to start this thread because I'd like to know who else has received their AOR in our timeline, so we can keep up to date with each others progress.

Just like the others before us have helped each other along their way towards medicals etc.

I hope we can count on each others support and everyone who has recieved their AOR in April/May time please reply so that we can keep track of the progress.

Thanks everyone.....

Bal.
Hi Bal UK,
We are May AOR's, I started a May thread some time ago http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686757 but its been quiet because no one had had any updates for a few months! hoping for something soon.
Mac.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bal,

We're in this club. AOR at the beginning of April and 'In Process' (whatever that actually means) pretty much straight after but I'm not expecting to hear anything else now until the beginning of 2012 at the earliest.

We're looking at putting the house on the market in the next couple of weeks so that if/when it sells we are free to look at job opportunities prior to getting PR or at least being free once we do get it.......... If we get it!!!

Chris
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mac2
Hi Bal UK,
We are May AOR's, I started a May thread some time ago http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686757 but its been quiet because no one had had any updates for a few months! hoping for something soon.
Mac.
Mac, you are a year ahead of us and Bal. Are you just gloating?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:53 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chriskatie
Mac, you are a year ahead of us and Bal. Are you just gloating?
Opps, just noticed, too late to remove!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chriskatie
Hi Bal,

We're in this club. AOR at the beginning of April and 'In Process' (whatever that actually means) pretty much straight after but I'm not expecting to hear anything else now until the beginning of 2012 at the earliest.

We're looking at putting the house on the market in the next couple of weeks so that if/when it sells we are free to look at job opportunities prior to getting PR or at least being free once we do get it.......... If we get it!!!

Chris
Hey Chris and Katie, ( I hope that's right ),

Is it possible that they have put you into process, I guess if there is a date listed when you check your status on cic website that says 'processing started on X April 2011' then there's no doubt!! and you could be doing meds soon

By the way what are your plans, if you don't mind me asking, where do you want to move and what kind of work are you hoping to do etc.?

If we ever get our PR, I want to take my truck test to become a class 1 truck driver. We (wife and 2 kids ) have decided to settle in Okotoks, Calgary. Visited last May and loved everything it offers for a family and love the views of the Rockies!!

Wish you guys good luck and keep in touch, let us know if you hear any news

Bal
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mac2
Opps, just noticed, too late to remove!
Hi Mac,

That's an easy mistake to make I guess but you are definatley a year ahead and good for you matey!

all goes smoothly for you for the rest of the stages

Bal
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Hey Chris and Katie, ( I hope that's right ),

Is it possible that they have put you into process, I guess if there is a date listed when you check your status on cic website that says 'processing started on X April 2011' then there's no doubt!! and you could be doing meds soon

By the way what are your plans, if you don't mind me asking, where do you want to move and what kind of work are you hoping to do etc.?

If we ever get our PR, I want to take my truck test to become a class 1 truck driver. We (wife and 2 kids ) have decided to settle in Okotoks, Calgary. Visited last May and loved everything it offers for a family and love the views of the Rockies!!

Wish you guys good luck and keep in touch, let us know if you hear any news

Bal
I'm not counting on med requests until well into next year. My NOC code came off the list last June so by what others have received in terms of a response from CIC it may be "two years or longer" although I really hope that's not the case.

I suppose we're a bit different to some in that we already own a house over there which we bought as an investment when the exchange rate was still above $2 to the £1. It's in Barrie, Ontario and we let it furnished, usually on a short term basis. We get over a couple of times a year when its not let. We've got a lot of good friends over there now (we have a better social life in Canada than we do in England!) and we are used to the area so it should take a lot of the stress out of the move. Our eldest has been in Oakville near TTorontofor a year but his visa runs out in two weeks. He went pretty much as soon as he turned 18 and has loved every minute of it. I think he'll be out there permanently before us.

Katie is a Primary School Headteacher which unfortunately means she will have to look for a change of career but when you've managed a lot of staff, hundreds of children and pretty big budgets she could probably turn her hand to many things.

We applied under my profession which was 'Construction Management'. I was and Architectural Technician by trade but went more into project management and I now work for an organisation that funds facilities for football, so I advise on and manage the construction of those facilities. Not sure what I'll do in Canada but i'd love to stay in the sports sector.

If we manage to sell the house we might try the TWP route to speed things up a bit!

Anyway only 41 days to go and we'll be over there for another 3 weeks.

Chris
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

That's a coincidence, I have a cousin in Barrie who I will try to get back in touch with once I know I'm nearer to moving over to Canada, haven't seen his family for years but it's one of those things about losing touch with family.

That's quite an ideal setup you've got over there and you're quite familiar with Canada so you'll definatley make the transition easily.

I've always wanted to move over to Canada, so like most others the sooner the better for me to start our new life.

Good Luck anyway...............

Bal

Katie is a Primary School Headteacher which unfortunately means she will have to look for a change of career but when you've managed a lot of staff, hundreds of children and pretty big budgets she could probably turn her hand to many things.

We applied under my profession which was 'Construction Management'. I was and Architectural Technician by trade but went more into project management and I now work for an organisation that funds facilities for football, so I advise on and manage the construction of those facilities. Not sure what I'll do in Canada but i'd love to stay in the sports sector.

If we manage to sell the house we might try the TWP route to speed things up a bit!

Anyway only 41 days to go and we'll be over there for another 3 weeks.

Chris[/QUOTE]
Old May 7th 2012, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE
Hey guys,
got an email this mornign form ecas to say status had changed.

logged on a it says 'decision made' but that is it leave a man guessing why don't you!!

Also says a letter was sent out on 1st May, but I am currently out of the country so have not read it yet?? should be able to find out in the next few days what it says??

any ideas on this pattern and wether it might be good or bad??

Good luck to all this week for movement

Gareth
Old May 7th 2012, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garethnock
UPDATE
Hey guys,
got an email this mornign form ecas to say status had changed.

logged on a it says 'decision made' but that is it leave a man guessing why don't you!!

Also says a letter was sent out on 1st May, but I am currently out of the country so have not read it yet?? should be able to find out in the next few days what it says??

any ideas on this pattern and wether it might be good or bad??

Good luck to all this week for movement

Gareth
Hi Gareth,

Long time no speak ( or to that effect ), I have had the same sort of update on E-cas today but to be honest when it says 'Decision Made' before you've even done Medicals is bad news my friend!!

A few other people have had letter's of rejection lately, so most likely we are the same, I wish it was a mistake but don't think positive really.....

Bal
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Hope this helps out some with timelines etc....
Just received medical request over the last few days ( aprox Sept 13th)

Finally some action & movement, fingers crossed for move early next year!!

G
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Hope this helps out some with timelines etc....

G
well done gareth! Mate... You have sorted the problem and good luck for the future

i have been working hard to gain another route after being refused and have secured a dream job with the best company in my field; we are over the moon, things have really turned out super!!

Sold house now and will be flying out april next year

Bal
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

G

... have secured a dream job with the best company in my field; we are over the moon, things have really turned out super!!

Bal
Wow - fantastic news from you both - well done for persevering!

Great news!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

well done gareth! Mate... You have sorted the problem and good luck for the future

i have been working hard to gain another route after being refused and have secured a dream job with the best company in my field; we are over the moon, things have really turned out super!!

Bal
Great news all round, just got forms for forms - 7 mistakes in total on the form - so now got to wait for new ones i guess!!
but all going in the right direction

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.