Anyone using Manila Embassy?

Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:13 am
Just Joined

samm is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone using Manila Embassy?

My application filed under skilled worker dates back November 2001. Any success stories after that period? Or everyone's waiting? Please post your timelines.

Thanks.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:04 am
Just Joined

mcdo_60102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone using Manila Embassy?

Originally Posted by samm
My application filed under skilled worker dates back November 2001. Any success stories after that period? Or everyone's waiting? Please post your timelines.

Thanks.
Hi Samm. My husband filed our application here in Manila in August of 2001. We received a letter last Jan. 4, 2005 which required us to pay our landing fee of P 87,750.00 for the both of us (interview was waived). We are now waiting for our medical schedule. We have two kids and I'm currently on the family way. We might defer our medicals due to my condition. We are also waiting for a quick response from the embassy but it's more than the usual waiting time of the other applicants in this forum.

How is your application? Any updates?
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:44 am
Just Joined

samarorep8888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcdo_60102
Hi Samm. My husband filed our application here in Manila in August of 2001. We received a letter last Jan. 4, 2005 which required us to pay our landing fee of P 87,750.00 for the both of us (interview was waived). We are now waiting for our medical schedule. We have two kids and I'm currently on the family way. We might defer our medicals due to my condition. We are also waiting for a quick response from the embassy but it's more than the usual waiting time of the other applicants in this forum.

How is your application? Any updates?
hi Samm,

we filed our application in Oct 2001 in Manila. Latest update is that we received an interview waiver last Jan 6, 2005 but we have to submit updated docs e.g. latest NBI police clearance, passport pictures, personal net worth, explanation of sources of funds and schedule 1 of application forms. we are given only a month to submit these docs. after which, the embassy will update us again within 3 to 6 mos.

we hope its next communiction will be a notice to proceed the medical exam. God willing!!!

samarorep
Old Jan 27th 2005, 7:35 am
Just Joined

samm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samarorep8888
hi Samm,

we filed our application in Oct 2001 in Manila. Latest update is that we received an interview waiver last Jan 6, 2005 but we have to submit updated docs e.g. latest NBI police clearance, passport pictures, personal net worth, explanation of sources of funds and schedule 1 of application forms. we are given only a month to submit these docs. after which, the embassy will update us again within 3 to 6 mos.

we hope its next communiction will be a notice to proceed the medical exam. God willing!!!

samarorep
Thanks ... I hope everything will proceed smoothly so you'll be in Canada soon. All the best!

As for my application ... reached my 3rd year still waiting late last year. I am not sure how many more years to wait. But at least it's good to know that applications from Manila are rolling :-) ...
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

alton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcdo_60102
We have two kids and I'm currently on the family way
Make sure that you inform them of the changes in your family composition. Otherwise, your application may get void.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 7:00 am
Just Joined

edselrt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samm

Thanks.
hi samm,

i applied dec 2000. interviewed jan 10, 2005. need to submit additional proof of funds, pay rolf and processing fees for additional family members. need to undergo medicals also within 30 days
Old Jan 29th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

stillw8ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi samm,

Here's my timeline:

Applied : Nov 2000
AOR : Jan 2001
Letter advising that interview required: Feb 2001
Letter about IRPA : Feb 2003
Submitted IRPA, IELTS and updated docs/application: June 2003
Interview waiver and meds forms received: June 2004
Submitted application and docs for new baby: Sept 2004
Medicals: November 2004
Medicals sent: December 2004
Waiting for pp request...

Good luck to all of us!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

stillw8ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi samm,

Here's my timeline:

Applied : Nov 2000
AOR : Jan 2001
Letter advising that interview required: Feb 2001
Letter about IRPA : Feb 2003
Submitted IRPA, IELTS and updated docs/application: June 2003
Interview waiver and meds forms received: June 2004
Submitted application and docs for new baby: Sept 2004
Medicals: November 2004
Medicals sent: December 2004
Waiting for pp request...