Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Well, I sent a rather polite letter to the CIC a week ago asking where the *!$% our refund was, since it's now been a year (less a week) since OH landed. I received a letter from them yesterday to confirm that we are eligible, it will be $480 and should receive it within 6 to 8 weeks of now. I'm not holding my breath.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Well, I sent a rather polite letter to the CIC a week ago asking where the *!$% our refund was, since it's now been a year (less a week) since OH landed. I received a letter from them yesterday to confirm that we are eligible, it will be $480 and should receive it within 6 to 8 weeks of now. I'm not holding my breath.
Thats awesome cov!!! I sent them a fax about a week ago also, fingers crossed there is something for us soon as well!!
Old May 4th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Got the refund in the mail yesterday - about a week after the '6-8 weeks' quoted in their last letter, and 4 days before the 1 year was up!
Old May 4th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Got the refund in the mail yesterday - about a week after the '6-8 weeks' quoted in their last letter, and 4 days before the 1 year was up!
I live in hope .......................... nadda for me still.

......maybe I will try faxing um.
Old May 5th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

I received my passport back from CHC London yesterday with my Visa in it (HURRAH) and there was also a letter for me to return to them confirming the address i wanted my refund sent to.

That letter stated up to 6 months.

Heres hoping...
Old May 6th 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

I landed in June 2006, stayed in Toronto for a week and sent the refund form to Ottawa with my cousin's address on it when I came back.

Cheque was issued on 30 November 2006 and my cousin received it a week later. She then couriered it to me.

Unfortunately, the exchange rate swung out of my favour (it was also crap when I bought the draft in the first place) but I am glad to have the money as I was worried about not being in Canada and having access to the call centre etc. Plus I'd head stories about people receiving letters asking for their CHC receipt - I was never sent one!

This was the last bit of CHC admin I had to deal with and I'm glad it's over.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Suze
Old May 6th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

I think you should be fine as your refund will be issued by CHC London. Those of us who had already paid but not landed before the fee was reduced had/have the refunds issued by the Receiver General for Canada.

Suze

Originally Posted by Robski
I received my passport back from CHC London yesterday with my Visa in it (HURRAH) and there was also a letter for me to return to them confirming the address i wanted my refund sent to.

That letter stated up to 6 months.

Heres hoping...
Old May 7th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Suzey
I think you should be fine as your refund will be issued by CHC London. Those of us who had already paid but not landed before the fee was reduced had/have the refunds issued by the Receiver General for Canada.

Suze
Good to know, thank you.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Thats awesome cov!!! I sent them a fax about a week ago also, fingers crossed there is something for us soon as well!!
Did you get a reply from your Fax?

Thanks