Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Is anyone still awaiting their refund for the RIght of Residence Landing fee?

Just wondering as I am still waiting for mine, and getting very very peed off!! as whenever you call the call centre they are about as much help as boobs on a bull!!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone still waiting for their refund?

Yup! Happy we're not the only one! OH landed on May 7th, so we're coming up on a year now. I called them a few days ago and was told that yes, they originally estimated a year, but it has taken a lot longer than expected so they are no longer honouring this estimate. They recommended that I write a letter requesting an explanation and an ETA of the cheque, which I did and mailed this morning, although I'm not holding my breath.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing has come for my OH but the application was made through a lawyer so he may have trousered it.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the London ones are taking a while I dont know, I spoke to them as well and they recommended the same thing Cov to fax and write them a letter. Bloody annoying this is really that money could be in my ING account earning 3.5%

Oh well we wait and wonder
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Maybe the London ones are taking a while I dont know, I spoke to them as well and they recommended the same thing Cov to fax and write them a letter. Bloody annoying this is really that money could be in my ING account earning 3.5%

Oh well we wait and wonder
Yep still waiting for ours too.

I did hear it could take up to a year to receive it back.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by smelly
Yep still waiting for ours too.

I did hear it could take up to a year to receive it back.
The year is up in 2 weeks, May 3rd is when it came into affect and I paid my fee way back in Feb 2006 so that year anniversary has passed way back.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We were told it was a year from the date you land, not the date you pay. They also are no longer honouring this year estimation, because they got a bit swamped. If you think about it, new immigrants could definitely do with that extra bit of cash...even a year on!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We were told it was a year from the date you land, not the date you pay. They also are no longer honouring this year estimation, because they got a bit swamped. If you think about it, new immigrants could definitely do with that extra bit of cash...even a year on!

You got that right, im waiting for mine to pay off my credit card that I paid it with LOL and havent been able to clear since!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:01 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to apply for the refund? I was (stupidly) under the impression that refund came once visa was issued??
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Z-Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Funily enough I have been waiting more than 3 years for my visa (spousal application through London) and still background checks go on but CPC Mississauga wrote to my wife with details of the refund just before Xmas asking for confirmation of address etc. and we got the refund within 4 weeks! Given the choice I would have preferred the visa than the two hundred odd pounds that we got back.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Do you have to apply for the refund? I was (stupidly) under the impression that refund came once visa was issued??
You have to apply if you applied in a different country, but if you or your sponsorer paid the fee in Canada then it will automatically be sent to you. it explains it all here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resid-fee/index.html
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

We paid our fees in Canada (Mississauga), but still filled in the form just in case about 6 months after landing when we hadn't heard anything.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the right of residence landing fee and to what visa does it apply?
Sorry, but never heard of it, so guessing it is something special?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kitty4
What is the right of residence landing fee and to what visa does it apply?
Sorry, but never heard of it, so guessing it is something special?
The Right of Residence Landing Fee is a fee you pay once you have been given approval to become a Permanent Resident of Canada basically its a head tax that every person has to pay when entering Canada as a Permenant Resident (although im 99% sure that refugees dont have to pay it) it applies to all other visas. The amount is currently at $490, however this was only reduced last year, and ppl who had already paid it but had not yet became permanent residents were eligable for a refund on the payment. Hence my question did everyone get theres, as its been nearly a year and still no money!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Hubby landed May 6,06 We filled out the form on the website even thought is says for outside of canada only and mailed it in to CIC around July 2006. I then called CIC in Oct 2006 asking about the fee refund and was told that it could take up too one year from date of landing. We received the refund in Jan 2007.

Island Girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.