Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a LMO approved first time?

Anyone have a LMO approved first time?

Old May 16th 2014, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

ktmumma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone have a LMO approved first time?

Sorry to hear that Eddmac, that is harsh. Think it's going to be an odd time waiting to find out if it gets approved or not. Weeks will suddenly feel a lot slower I'm guessing!

Thanks Geordie Lass, I will check out your timeline.
Old May 17th 2014, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Mine took over 20 weeks, but it eventually happened and I'm hoping the LMO for my TWP extension does not take as long. Meanwhile the PR app gets sent back next week. Forgot to include a translation of my OH's birth certificate and had the whole app sent back doh
Is your PNP the same process as AINP? if so and you have your nomination letter of acceptance (I can't remember if you have this - sorry been so busy) then you are on implied status and you don't need another LMO for an extension. You don't need an extension - you just gotta sit tight til PR comes and not leave the country.
Old May 17th 2014, 4:33 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Is your PNP the same process as AINP? if so and you have your nomination letter of acceptance (I can't remember if you have this - sorry been so busy) then you are on implied status and you don't need another LMO for an extension. You don't need an extension - you just gotta sit tight til PR comes and not leave the country.
Not doing PNP, going through FSW2 PR so until I get PER I can not get a BOWP and so I need an LMO to extend my current TWP.

My company are willing to help with the LMO but didn't seem like they wanted to do the PNP and didn't want to push the issue as I am happy they got me over here. The way I see it is with the BOWP I have options, PNP I am tied to the company and that might not be so bad but then if you have seen others on here who have ended up having the rug pulled from under them not being tied to a company and having options can be good.
Old May 17th 2014, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Not doing PNP, going through FSW2 PR so until I get PER I can not get a BOWP and so I need an LMO to extend my current TWP.

My company are willing to help with the LMO but didn't seem like they wanted to do the PNP and didn't want to push the issue as I am happy they got me over here. The way I see it is with the BOWP I have options, PNP I am tied to the company and that might not be so bad but then if you have seen others on here who have ended up having the rug pulled from under them not being tied to a company and having options can be good.
I see your point and you are right not to push them if they seem like they are not keen. We hit lucky with hubby's company and they have treated him well but I know that is not always the case. Once we had PR tho he was free to leave. He's still there - they seem to get along well
Old May 19th 2014, 5:58 am
Account Closed

wegotserved is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly the same thing has happened to us for my wife's research position. The University seemed to have been caught out by the more stringent regulations that have just come in, so are reapplying at the moment.

Annoying as we had a rental house sorted in a great area and we've just had to let it go.

Fingers remain crossed.

Originally Posted by Eddmac
I just received the bad news (half an hour ago) that my LMO had been rejected. The LMO was applied for approx six weeks ago and it was rejected due to not complying fully with the advertising rquirements - bit disappointing as I had been assured they had complied - but they hadnt advertised on he WorkBC site and that got the rejection.

Now they have to re-advertise on this site for an another 4 weeks and then they can re-apply. Im massively gutted but hope that the second application is turned around in 6 weeks as this still puts me on track for an August arrival.

Fingers crossed.
Old May 20th 2014, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

LouiseKatherine03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ktmumma
Hi,

We are in England currently and my husband has a job offer with a Canadaian company. They are going to apply for a LMO very soon we hope. I have read a lot about LMO rejection and negative results, especially for first applications. I was wondering if any of you have had positive approved LMOs on first application?

We are trying not to get too excited yet as I guess if it is denied we won't be able to go unless they reapply and it get approved but not sure how long they will be willing to wait. I also know that his work place have never recruited in this way before, so are new to applying for LMOs and. HR were reluctant to go ahead with it to begin with.

Any insight into how the process went for you would be really helpful.

We are feeling in limbo at the moment but hoping it will all be worth it in the end and we will finally get to begin our Canadian life!

Thank you.
Hi ktmumma

My husband's LMO got rejected last month based on advertising...we like you have been waiting in limbo since December!! It's soul destroying waiting around especially as we have 3 children ready to move over. His employer has reapplied last Monday after advertising for 4 weeks..so hopefully we will have a positive result this time because we aren't sure they will want to carry on applying for this. It's been a very long process so I hope you have better luck. Will keep you posted.
Old May 20th 2014, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LouiseKatherine03
Hi ktmumma

My husband's LMO got rejected last month based on advertising...we like you have been waiting in limbo since December!! It's soul destroying waiting around especially as we have 3 children ready to move over. His employer has reapplied last Monday after advertising for 4 weeks..so hopefully we will have a positive result this time because we aren't sure they will want to carry on applying for this. It's been a very long process so I hope you have better luck. Will keep you posted.
Ps..my husbands company have also never applied for an lmo either. Good luck I hope you hear back soon.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseKatherine03
Ps..my husbands company have also never applied for an lmo either. Good luck I hope you hear back soon.
I'm hoping that you get the LMO this time.
Old May 23rd 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bc_guy
I'm hoping that you get the LMO this time.
Thanks bc_guy.