Anyone got their visas back yet?

Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:29 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone got their visas back yet?

The usual impatience has kicked in prematurely again! Just wondering if anyone who's sent off their passports has had them back yet? I sent mine off last Monday and they received it on Tuesday. I'll let you know when it's back!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone got their visas back yet?

Originally Posted by H143
The usual impatience has kicked in prematurely again! Just wondering if anyone who's sent off their passports has had them back yet? I sent mine off last Monday and they received it on Tuesday. I'll let you know when it's back!
You should receive yours back in another week or so.

My brother and I sent our passports to CHC London on 2nd August and they were returned last friday (18th August), 16 days later.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Like you, I sent my passport off last Monday, the 14th, but I'm not really expecting it back till the middle of next week at the earliest.

When are you off? I am still looking at another 4 - 5 weeks to tie up a few loose ends, like get rid of my bike and sell a few other items on ebay, visit my sister in Greece, and of course have a party to commiserate with my friends that are having to stay here

Just on the off chance any one want to buy a Honda Pan European ST1300, it's 4 years old has lots of extras and has only done 39000 miles. Recent service (actually last Saturday), MOT (also last Saturday), Tires have done been on less than 3 months.

Dozzzzy

Applied Skilled Worker (London)
Application submitted - 05th July 2004
AOR Dated - 21st July 2004 (18 Months)
Delay Letter - Arrived Jan 2006 (Delayed till June 2006)
Medical Request - 26 May 2006 (NO Interview or Updated Docs Required)
Medical Taken - 28th May 2006
Medical Received - 4 July 2006
Info Request - 17 July - Update Available Funds
PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:53 am

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

I should have taken it in really. Then I would have known my exact timeline. oh well, as long as it's here by the 18th September cos that's when I've booked my flight back to Canada!!

Where are you headed Dozzzzy?

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Like you, I sent my passport off last Monday, the 14th, but I'm not really expecting it back till the middle of next week at the earliest.

When are you off? I am still looking at another 4 - 5 weeks to tie up a few loose ends, like get rid of my bike and sell a few other items on ebay, visit my sister in Greece, and of course have a party to commiserate with my friends that are having to stay here

Just on the off chance any one want to buy a Honda Pan European ST1300, it's 4 years old has lots of extras and has only done 39000 miles. Recent service (actually last Saturday), MOT (also last Saturday), Tires have done been on less than 3 months.

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:05 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, we received visa's back exactly 2 weeks from them receiving them. Hope this helps a little.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:31 pm

Thanks. I will be patient for at least another week then!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

I should have taken it in really. Then I would have known my exact timeline. oh well, as long as it's here by the 18th September cos that's when I've booked my flight back to Canada!!

Where are you headed Dozzzzy?
Hi H143,

I am almost 99.999999999% sure that I'll be heading to Vancouver now, for the last 3 years or so I was keen on Toronto, but after my trip in June I have switched sides. I am now having to do stacks of research on Vancouver as all my current research was on Toronto.

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:13 pm

Vancouver's great. Such a nice city. I've never been to Toronto though so can't compare!

It's so exciting nearly be there eh! I can't wait.

Hayley

Hi H143,

I am almost 99.999999999% sure that I'll be heading to Vancouver now, for the last 3 years or so I was keen on Toronto, but after my trip in June I have switched sides. I am now having to do stacks of research on Vancouver as all my current research was on Toronto.

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's so exciting nearly be there eh! I can't wait.

Hayley
Hi Hayley,

I have to say I am feeling excited, as the process is almost over; but I am also feeling sick to my stomach, at the enormity of the change. I keep running a million and one "What if....." scenarios in my head.

My biggest concern is my mother who is approaching her mid 70's, but who has had some medical conditions in the last couple of years. I am the last of the 3 children in the UK, as my younger brother and his family are all ready in Toronto, and have been for the last 3 years; and my older sister is in Greece and has been there for over 20 years. Oh I'm going to go, I have no doubt, but it will be such a wrench and that part I am not looking forward too at all.

Good luck with your move, are you going back to Whistler?

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:04 pm

Don't worry about the change - you'll be fine! There'll be so many new things and fun things to do and nice people to meet that you won't have time to worry! Yep I'm going back to Whistler. I like Vancouver too but it's all about the snow for me! I guess I'm lucky that I've spent so much time there already and am already mostly set up. I think I might be feeling a bit nervous otherwise!

The family thing is tough. For me it is definitely the hardest part of moving away. I continuously feel guilty and selfish despite constant assurance from my family that they're happy for me to do it. I think to be that people are just happy to see their family members making their own lives and doing something they really want to do. And your mum will be able to have lovely holidays to Canada!

I would say, ask me anything about Vancouver you want to know, but I don't know much so I wouldn't be much help! lol. Feel free to ask me about Whistler though.

Hi Hayley,

I have to say I am feeling excited, as the process is almost over; but I am also feeling sick to my stomach, at the enormity of the change. I keep running a million and one "What if....." scenarios in my head.

My biggest concern is my mother who is approaching her mid 70's, but who has had some medical conditions in the last couple of years. I am the last of the 3 children in the UK, as my younger brother and his family are all ready in Toronto, and have been for the last 3 years; and my older sister is in Greece and has been there for over 20 years. Oh I'm going to go, I have no doubt, but it will be such a wrench and that part I am not looking forward too at all.

Good luck with your move, are you going back to Whistler?

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Linda will become famous soon enoughSteve and Linda will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Anyone got their visas back yet?

Hi Dozzey,

Nice to hear you are Vancouver bound, we might even be able to meet up some time (if we ever sell our house) We are hoping to settle in the Okanagan valley which is about 4 hours from Van.

We know what you mean about the last minute panics, we can't believe that our visas are really coming.

We also feel the same about our families and alternate between feeling guilty and feeling ecstatic.

Keep posting,

Linda and Steve
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:01 pm

Let's hope we hear something this week! Less than 3 weeks until my flight now...

Steve & Linda, which part of the Okanagan are you heading for? It's nice there. I went in winter for some snowboarding but everyone says it's absolutely beautiful in summer.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Let's hope we hear something this week! Less than 3 weeks until my flight now...

Steve & Linda, which part of the Okanagan are you heading for? It's nice there. I went in winter for some snowboarding but everyone says it's absolutely beautiful in summer.

Hi Hayley,

Have you had any sniff of your passport?

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:02 pm

No, nothing yet. You? I was hoping to have got it this week. I knew I should have gone in there myself and done their 2 week thing.

Only 18 days to go till I fly!!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:17 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

No, nothing yet. You? I was hoping to have got it this week. I knew I should have gone in there myself and done their 2 week thing.

Only 18 days to go till I fly!!
Hi I'm sure you got nothing to worry about, they probably a day or two behind with it being bank holiday last weekend, you know how fickle they are
Sans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.