Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone got background call form federal to employers?

Anyone got background call form federal to employers?

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Richard_SINP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone got background call form federal to employers?

I applied under PNP category. My applicatoins was transferred to CPP-Ottawa. I heard some people got phone call from CPP-Ottawa or Buffalo to employers for background check. It sound a little bit horror. Can anyone confirm it more or you had got the call? What happen if the managers or representatives answer the wrong information? I work in a big company. A phone call will be directed to difficult people around, and may mess up.

Last edited by Richard_SINP; Dec 2nd 2011 at 8:19 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got background call form federal to employers?

Hi

Originally Posted by Richard_SINP
I applied under PNP category. My applicatoins was transferred to CPP-Ottawa. I heard some people got phone call from CPP-Ottawa or Buffalo to employers for background check. It sound a little bit horror. Can anyone confirm it more or you had got the call? What happen if the managers or representatives answer the wrong information? I work in a big company. A phone call will be directed to difficult people around, and may mess up.

CIC will call the employer to confirm the job and it's duties. Not all the time but they do call. In some countries, they actually send a Migration Integrity Team to actually see the business and interview the boss. I would think that if the manager/representative gives different information than you included in your application, you are going to be in a world of trouble.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 12:37 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard_SINP
So are you saying you told some porky pies and are worried about being sussed ?
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Richard_SINP is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it is not like that. For PNP application, when sending to Federal we don't have to send the information of employers. I just wonder if they call where they get the contact number or just from the phone book.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 4:31 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The feds will be interested in your background more from a security point of view.