Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
So GCMS notes landed today - Unfortunately looks like it is no further along, eligibility is at recommended pass, security not started.

A lot of applicants from countries requiring PPR seem to be marked ready for visa (RFV) with security blank, which typically means completed - not sure if that puts me further back (some of them have AOR 3+ months after mine) or whether being from a UK country, with no history outside of the UK and likely to get COPR directly unless rules change, means I'm just held at my current stage to prevent COPR being issued as security could be a quick run through.

Keep hoping they start issuing PPR and COPR to outlanders - would be nice even if it was with a proviso you couldn't travel until X date.
If you are a Brit, the most they would ask for would be a copy passport, as you do not need a hardcopy visa in your actual passport. It seems that sometimes they go straight to issuing a CoPR and sometimes ask for a copy passport first. I know that for my wife they just issued the CoPR and I know from several others that this has happened to them too.

In any event, best of luck!
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
So GCMS notes landed today - Unfortunately looks like it is no further along, eligibility is at recommended pass, security not started.

A lot of applicants from countries requiring PPR seem to be marked ready for visa (RFV) with security blank, which typically means completed - not sure if that puts me further back (some of them have AOR 3+ months after mine) or whether being from a UK country, with no history outside of the UK and likely to get COPR directly unless rules change, means I'm just held at my current stage to prevent COPR being issued as security could be a quick run through.

Keep hoping they start issuing PPR and COPR to outlanders - would be nice even if it was with a proviso you couldn't travel until X date.
​​​​​​Did you do up front meds? as they are only valid for 1 year and you need to have the visa issued and land before they expire?
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
​​​​​​Did you do up front meds? as they are only valid for 1 year and you need to have the visa issued and land before they expire?
Yep, did Medicals last November - those with expired medicals seem to be getting ghost them automatically extended by IRCC currently - although of course they aren't being issued a visa.

Personally wouldn't surprise me if everyone needs to get a new medical post COVID before landing, whether that be to prove your COVID free/have antibodies - or simply to check you suddenly don't have a debilitating lung condition or the like as a result of permanent damage from COVID.

Old Sep 4th 2020, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
If you are a Brit, the most they would ask for would be a copy passport, as you do not need a hardcopy visa in your actual passport. It seems that sometimes they go straight to issuing a CoPR and sometimes ask for a copy passport first. I know that for my wife they just issued the CoPR and I know from several others that this has happened to them too.

In any event, best of luck!
Yea - straight to CoPR was my assumption, there is rumours (well guesses) about whether the process will change to issue visas for those with a good reason to travel, even from a non visa country as a sort of half way house between complete travel ban and complete open borders.

Its more the knowing if I am sat at a similar stage to other outlanders so could be through in the first couple of weeks of CoPR being issued, or whether I'm some way off compared to those that are at RFV (as no one really knows how the process works, yes a case officers reviews my case, but when they approve it, in normal times I'd get CoPR issued straight away, is that the reason it hasn't been marked as reviewed, or is it generally sat in a backlog that could be 12+ months once they are up to full capacity before it gets reviewed - which is the million dollar question no one knows.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

DarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond repute

My sister is a citizen like myself and left prior to AOR it seems. She said she was sick as a dog about it but they waved her husband through as covid is holding up applications.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 7:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarwinCharles
My sister is a citizen like myself and left prior to AOR it seems. She said she was sick as a dog about it but they waved her husband through as covid is holding up applications.
AOR for Spousal applications isn't the same as AOR after an ITA for FSW/Express Entry applicants etc., -- at least they let her husband in - not an option for the majority of federal applicants.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

DarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
AOR for Spousal applications isn't the same as AOR after an ITA for FSW/Express Entry applicants etc., -- at least they let her husband in - not an option for the majority of federal applicants.
Oh really?

I figured AOR for PR husband had to be obtained as per the guidelines and advice on here. Wow.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarwinCharles
Oh really?

I figured AOR for PR husband had to be obtained as per the guidelines and advice on here. Wow.
Two completely different processes. Dual intent isn't applicable to FSW applications.

HTH.