Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

Old Aug 17th 2020, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

As the forums are pretty quiet - just wondered how many other folk who received an ITA in the last 10 or so months are currently stuck in the application submitted stage awaiting on a PR decision that has no timeline due to COVID?

How are you coping? how long have you been waiting? what's the current plan of action pre move?

My AOR was November 22nd - currently awaiting my second set of GCMS notes, hoping for PR news soon, unluckily the plan of getting over and getting settled pre winter is looking less and less likely by the day - although luckily COVID hit before I handed my notice in at work (I was debating quitting the end of March and waiting out my decision time, sorting out properties to sell, farewell tour of the UK etc.)
Old Aug 19th 2020, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else in post AOR purgatory??

We're in citizenship purgatory. We try not to think about it as there's nothing we can do. We just try to reassure ourselves that it will happen one day...maybe...
Old Aug 21st 2020, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

unobscure is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DandNHill
We're in citizenship purgatory. We try not to think about it as there's nothing we can do. We just try to reassure ourselves that it will happen one day...maybe...
In the same situation but with PR. The way I think about it is that this is not a delay caused by a problem with your application... it is a delay caused by time stopping. It is like the movies where everyone else freezes and you carry on running around. At some point time will start again (maybe slower than before) and you frozen citizenship will start moving again.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
As the forums are pretty quiet - just wondered how many other folk who received an ITA in the last 10 or so months are currently stuck in the application submitted stage awaiting on a PR decision that has no timeline due to COVID?

How are you coping? how long have you been waiting? what's the current plan of action pre move?

My AOR was November 22nd - currently awaiting my second set of GCMS notes, hoping for PR news soon, unluckily the plan of getting over and getting settled pre winter is looking less and less likely by the day - although luckily COVID hit before I handed my notice in at work (I was debating quitting the end of March and waiting out my decision time, sorting out properties to sell, farewell tour of the UK etc.)
Why are you applying for GCMS notes, that will surely add strain to an allready stretched system and divert them from dealing with applications - like yours, lol. Just accept that corvid has put a spanner in your plans for now. Better to be in secure work right now even if it's not ideal.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 5:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Why are you applying for GCMS notes, that will surely add strain to an allready stretched system and divert them from dealing with applications - like yours, lol. Just accept that corvid has put a spanner in your plans for now. Better to be in secure work right now even if it's not ideal.
1. GCMS notes, are just printed off the computer system. Doesn't effect any processing systems.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

1. GCMS notes, are just printed off the computer system. Doesn't effect any processing systems.
It still uses up resources. Presumably one (or more) employee(s) has to process the request, find the file, print off the file, redact any sensitive information and then convert to the format to be sent to the requester (ISTR that they sent out the notes on a CD). While it may not affect processing time, it definitely uses up resources (time and money).
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 4:04 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
It still uses up resources. Presumably one (or more) employee(s) has to process the request, find the file, print off the file, redact any sensitive information and then convert to the format to be sent to the requester (ISTR that they sent out the notes on a CD). While it may not affect processing time, it definitely uses up resources (time and money).
It's all done on the computer - a simple act of pressing a few buttons. No redaction necessary -- I'm not sure if you've seen what the notes look like? They are literally a few sheets of paper with codes and 'passed' / 'in progress' / finalised etc., - It's an automatic process when they work on a file - it's updated as each stage is finalised (or not) at the press of a button and includes the officer's initials who has worked on that part, the date and the 'bought forward date' (which is the date the file will be checked next. When GCMS notes are requested it's a case of printing out that file section (think of it as the 'index' or 'work in progress' notations on the file... and sending it... easy enough to convert to a pdf and then email or print and send.

I think perhaps you may be confusing it with the 'old method' where you could request a 'paper' copy of all information held on file for you.. which would indeed take up resources.

Old Aug 22nd 2020, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said it's an automated process, the vast majority of which isn't resource heavy. I don't believe it's handled by case officers etc who are the ones approving and rejecting cases.

From the thousands of gcms notes requests that seemed to be posted on other forums (many of whom seem to be doing it weekly not once every 3 months) the reason people aren't getting COPR or PPR isn't due to staffing levels at the visa offices handling cases, it's because Canada they aren't being issued to most countries currently - a lot of folk have RFV (ready for visa) as a status with everything passed.

I'm at a point where whilst I become eligible for my EE entry program again in December this year - my ITA was pre my birthday last year, which along witha huge jump in draw scores likely means Id never get drawn again so would need to look at an investment pilot or the like (as that's my plan if I get to come over regardless) which I could possibly of secured quite easily - but left it to give others more chance.

Getting the difference in eligibility between "interview required" and "passed" or having RFV on the case would probably settle the other half down considerably - to be honest if you got the choice of knowing now but not getting paperwork through to allow you to move for an extra month, or not knowing but getting the paperwork earlier, I'd be choosing the former - if there is news good or bad on there at least you can plan for the future even if timescales aren't confirmed.

Last edited by Stumpylegs; Aug 22nd 2020 at 7:52 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said it's an automated process, the vast majority of which isn't resource heavy. I don't believe it's handled by case officers etc who are the ones approving and rejecting cases.

From the thousands of gcms notes requests that seemed to be posted on other forums (many of whom seem to be doing it weekly not once every 3 months) the reason people aren't getting COPR or PPR isn't due to staffing levels at the visa offices handling cases, it's because Canada they aren't being issued to most countries currently - a lot of folk have RFV (ready for visa) as a status with everything passed.

I'm at a point where whilst I become eligible for my EE entry program again in December this year - my ITA was pre my birthday last year, which along witha huge jump in draw scores likely means Id never get drawn again so would need to look at an investment pilot or the like (as that's my plan if I get to come over regardless) which I could possibly of secured quite easily - but left it to give others more chance.

Getting the difference in eligibility between "interview required" and "passed" or having RFV on the case would probably settle the other half down considerably - to be honest if you got the choice of knowing now but not getting paperwork through to allow you to move for an extra month, or not knowing but getting the paperwork earlier, I'd be choosing the former - if there is news good or bad on there at least you can plan for the future even if timescales aren't confirmed.
Being an employer it always makes me laugh when someone says it takes/ costs nothing to do something like it's magic and it just happensπŸ€”
So if it takes 10 or 15 minutes to log into a file check it, print it and then post it or email it that's all free and takes no time right? πŸ€” Multply all that no cost no time by a hundred or a thousand and soon you need to have a small team doing nothing else. 😁

​​​​​​
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Being an employer it always makes me laugh when someone says it takes/ costs nothing to do something like it's magic and it just happensπŸ€”
So if it takes 10 or 15 minutes to log into a file check it, print it and then post it or email it that's all free and takes no time right? πŸ€” Multply all that no cost no time by a hundred or a thousand and soon you need to have a small team doing nothing else. 😁

​​​​​​
Maybe I'm getting it wrong, but such a team already exists, the $5 fee it costs to request notes, covers the time it takes to handle such a request I believe. I don't believe that if I didn't request my details it would free up a case analyst/officer then it would free them up to handle more cases. They'd simply process another set of gcms notes as I believe it's a never ending queue of requests.

But by the same token - I recognise such a feature wasn't designed for common folk to get case updates, so I try to refrain from using it - but given the whole world seems to be using it multiple times and knowing where they stand, if you can't beat them, join them. I appreciate being able to get notes once per quarter or so.

I realise that I'm in an extremely fortunate position work wise etc, if COVID had hit 3 weeks later I'd likely have handed my notice in! And now be stuck in purgatory with no job.
​​​​
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 3:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​
You are overthinking this - you are realllllly overthinking this..

No checking of the file required - name, file number entered - bing bang bong.. it's can be sent to a printer where it's collated and stapled (yes, you can get printers that do that stuff) - then slid into an envelope

The team who work these requests generally don't have access to all the rest of the information on file - just the few pages of the 'index' file itself.
Visa officers aren't the ones who perform this task - just like they don't answer the phones at the MisInformation Line- they are call centre staff!

It's a government department - the process is no different to obtaining information held - a subject access request - it's automated.. $5 fee covers it (for GCMS)- it's not a special service that a visa officer has to do - clerical staff are sat at their desks all day processing these kinds of requests from all over the world.. and from Citizens and PR's of Canada .... there is no charge at all for them

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 22nd 2020 at 10:56 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

ninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond repute

Moving things back to OP's question; yep I'm in a similar position. Received my AOR August 2019 and not heard much since. My estimated completion date on the portal did change from January 2021 to February last week which, while being a setback, I was happy to see movement.
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are overthinking this - you are realllllly overthinking this..

No checking of the file required - name, file number entered - bing bang bong.. it's can be sent to a printer where it's collated and stapled (yes, you can get printers that do that stuff) - then slid into an envelope

The team who work these requests generally don't have access to all the rest of the information on file - just the few pages of the 'index' file itself.
Visa officers aren't the ones who perform this task - just like they don't answer the phones at the MisInformation Line- they are call centre staff!

It's a government department - the process is no different to obtaining information held - a subject access request - it's automated.. $5 fee covers it (for GCMS)- it's not a special service that a visa officer has to do - clerical staff are sat at their desks all day processing these kinds of requests from all over the world.. and from Citizens and PR's of Canada .... there is no charge at all for them
​​​​​​Thanks, that's exactly as I saw it.

Originally Posted by ninespoons
Moving things back to OP's question; yep I'm in a similar position. Received my AOR August 2019 and not heard much since. My estimated completion date on the portal did change from January 2021 to February last week which, while being a setback, I was happy to see movement.
Are you applying from UK or elsewhere? Aren't decisions typically handled in 6 months or less. Mine is still showing estimated completion date of May 2020!

I've given myself another 7 weeks or so to get COPR, if it doesn't get approved in that time I'll prepare for another winter in the UK and hope I can make the move next spring.
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

ninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​

Are you applying from UK or elsewhere? Aren't decisions typically handled in 6 months or less. Mine is still showing estimated completion date of May 2020!

I've given myself another 7 weeks or so to get COPR, if it doesn't get approved in that time I'll prepare for another winter in the UK and hope I can make the move next spring.
I'm applying inland, but not through express entry. Paper-based PNP.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

So GCMS notes landed today - Unfortunately looks like it is no further along, eligibility is at recommended pass, security not started.

A lot of applicants from countries requiring PPR seem to be marked ready for visa (RFV) with security blank, which typically means completed - not sure if that puts me further back (some of them have AOR 3+ months after mine) or whether being from a UK country, with no history outside of the UK and likely to get COPR directly unless rules change, means I'm just held at my current stage to prevent COPR being issued as security could be a quick run through.

Keep hoping they start issuing PPR and COPR to outlanders - would be nice even if it was with a proviso you couldn't travel until X date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.