Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any Irish here who has taken a bank statement as Proof of Landing Funds

Any Irish here who has taken a bank statement as Proof of Landing Funds

Old May 7th 2010, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

ozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant futureozzoon has a brilliant future
Default Any Irish here who has taken a bank statement as Proof of Landing Funds

Hi,

this is the thread I posted and I thought taking a bank statement as Proof of Funds is fine according to this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664973

Now, I found this one.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...-t39318.0.html

This guy said 'Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable'.
Here is BritishExpats and I assume that bank statements from UK banks are no problems but I am not sure about my Irish bank statement(AIB).

Actually, I am planning to stop over in Iceland(if possible, I would like to look at beautiful country as well as volcano) for 3 days then fly to Toronto, and I don't want to carry all of my POF in a bank draft.

So, I am wondering if someone who has taken IRISH bank statements as POF with no problems.
Old May 7th 2010, 4:27 pm
Banned

khangul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Irish here who has taken a bank statement as Proof of Landing Funds

Hi,

let me tell you my experience.

I came from UK with a bank draft made by BARCLAYS bank. However, on immigration desk, the first question I was asked was this, " what is Barclays?". I told him that it is a bank in UK. Then second question he asked from me, "Why the draft is in Dollors if it is a UK bank. In UK, you deals with pounds?". I told him that it is a draft and you can make draft in any currency in which you want.
He looked at me for a few seconds, and then said with a smile, oh, yes, I understand and let me go.
It all happens on Calgary airport two months ago.

I dont think that the young immigration boys, who are mostly under 25, have any idea about this. That is my experience.

Rest is your luck.
Old May 8th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any Irish here who has taken a bank statement as Proof of Landing Funds

I don't see why using an AIB bank statement for proof of funds would be a problem at all?
I intend to use a Bank of Ireland statement as proof of funds.

I certainly wouldn't class Irish banks as "3rd world" banks either.......

despite how much they've messed up