Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any chance of Immigration to Canada?

Any chance of Immigration to Canada?

Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jay50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any chance of Immigration to Canada?

Just wondered if anyone had been permitted to immigrate to Canada having no skilled worker qualifications? My son will hopefully be doing his 2nd year on IEC programme and would like to apply for PR. He has held down a full time job as a server the entire time he has been in Canada but not sure that would enable him to get PR. If anyone has ideas on how to obtain PR when you have no skilled worker qualification I would be grateful!

Jay
Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:55 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any chance of Immigration to Canada?

My guess is no.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jay50
If anyone has ideas on how to obtain PR when you have no skilled worker qualification I would be grateful!
I think that this, you may well find, will be the crucial sticking point. Even Provincial Nominees that don't necessarily require one to be in employment, usually require an undergraduate degree or some kind of skilled trade that one has trained for (and can show evidence of that training).

I daresay someone will be along soon to offer more in-depth advice.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 5:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AdrianR
I think that this, you may well find, will be the crucial sticking point. Even Provincial Nominees that don't necessarily require one to be in employment, usually require an undergraduate degree or some kind of skilled trade that one has trained for (and can show evidence of that training).

I daresay someone will be along soon to offer more in-depth advice.
Another guessing game. At least mention the province where the person is working. BC has a PNP for semi-skilled persons. Food and Beverage servers are on that list. See: http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigrat.../tourism.page?

Other than that, he will have to check the PNP program where he is residing.