Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In anticipation of Passport Request

In anticipation of Passport Request

Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of
Default In anticipation of Passport Request

Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!!

Thanks!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:07 am
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In anticipation of Passport Request

lol
photos was about it! and a large self addressed envelope, A4 size. dont put postage on it, cause they'll send back passports and paperwork you'll need for your landing.
we had to sign for the stuff.. recorded delivery?

calm down.. breathe..

wont be long now!

Last edited by mzp; Sep 9th 2008 at 10:08 am. Reason: spelling!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mzp
lol
photos was about it! and a large self addressed envelope, A4 size. dont put postage on it, cause they'll send back passports and paperwork you'll need for your landing.
we had to sign for the stuff.. recorded delivery?

calm down.. breathe..

wont be long now!
Can you tell how anxious we are to get going - LOL!!!

What are the photo requirements?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:15 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough

slightly different from passport, but honestly not much... we went to costco with the letter we received and the guy just checked measurements. the letter tells you min/max sizes.. mush show shoulders etc...

here's hoping the letters here soon for you!
i was SOOO anxious for the post to arrive every day... now i dont know what to do with myself!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:56 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by the_connors76
Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!!

Thanks!!
We went down to snappy snaps and were very pleased with their service. They do photos for all the countries...and they were on the ball with the correct photo requirements. We were charged £7.99 for four photos each.

We sent the photos and an A4 sized envelope along with the updated info (regarding height, name, eye color etc. ) for all four of us.

Hopefully yours should arrive anyday now, as ours had done!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:23 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Hi

Thanks!!
Your just keen as mustard lol

I going to get my photos done when I come back off hol....so I will have a visa photo with a tan.lol

Where are you based now?

K
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KJM
Your just keen as mustard lol

I going to get my photos done when I come back off hol....so I will have a visa photo with a tan.lol

Where are you based now?

K
LOL thats funny!

We're in Croydon, Surrey, so you can imagine why we want to get out so bad!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

lindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Thanks!!
Us too, waiting for those passport requests. Moving from Hastings to Vancouver hopefully. AOR Feb 06, Meds done June 20th. GP says our meds were clear, so where are they?? Just had 2 offers on our house, bit of a bidding war went on yesterday...felt very proud of our little house attracting two buyers on the same day after 5 months in this marketplace! We were just about to give up and rent it out!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:04 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lindaANDneil
Us too, waiting for those passport requests. Moving from Hastings to Vancouver hopefully. AOR Feb 06, Meds done June 20th. GP says our meds were clear, so where are they?? Just had 2 offers on our house, bit of a bidding war went on yesterday...felt very proud of our little house attracting two buyers on the same day after 5 months in this marketplace! We were just about to give up and rent it out!
We have been instructed by our Consultant to get our passports & fee to her 30 days after the meds so that will be the 5 Oct. Just recently on BE people have been getting their passport reqs 30 days after meds.

Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Thanks!!
i am just starting the process with my husband who is a canadian citizen and if u dont mind me asking.....i keep reading this passport request.. what does that mean? is that like the final step????? we are doing sponsorship of spouse obviously..hopefully it doesnt take too long
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:17 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dee999
i am just starting the process with my husband who is a canadian citizen and if u dont mind me asking.....i keep reading this passport request.. what does that mean? is that like the final step????? we are doing sponsorship of spouse obviously..hopefully it doesnt take too long
Dee

Its the nail in the coffin..lol

Yes
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You'll get this PHEP letter - it includes photo dimensions.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I am a US citzen do we have to do that then?????? still?!?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

lindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by KJM
We have been instructed by our Consultant to get our passports & fee to her 30 days after the meds so that will be the 5 Oct. Just recently on BE people have been getting their passport reqs 30 days after meds.

Hmmm. Well, I've actually emailed them this morning to check all is well. Never done this before as I know not to bother them but since they emailed me once, I figured it's ok! Fingers crossed :-)
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Thanks so much - this is a great help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.