British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   In anticipation of Passport Request (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/anticipation-passport-request-560445/)

the_connors76 Sep 9th 2008 8:26 am

In anticipation of Passport Request
 
Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!! ;)

Thanks!!

mzp Sep 9th 2008 10:07 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 
lol
photos was about it! and a large self addressed envelope, A4 size. dont put postage on it, cause they'll send back passports and paperwork you'll need for your landing.
we had to sign for the stuff.. recorded delivery?

calm down.. breathe..

:):)
wont be long now!

the_connors76 Sep 9th 2008 10:14 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by mzp (Post 6764581)
lol
photos was about it! and a large self addressed envelope, A4 size. dont put postage on it, cause they'll send back passports and paperwork you'll need for your landing.
we had to sign for the stuff.. recorded delivery?

calm down.. breathe..

:):)
wont be long now!

Can you tell how anxious we are to get going - LOL!!!

What are the photo requirements?

mzp Sep 9th 2008 12:15 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 
slightly different from passport, but honestly not much... we went to costco with the letter we received and the guy just checked measurements. the letter tells you min/max sizes.. mush show shoulders etc...

here's hoping the letters here soon for you!
i was SOOO anxious for the post to arrive every day... now i dont know what to do with myself!

krn Sep 9th 2008 8:56 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by the_connors76 (Post 6764312)
Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!! ;)

Thanks!!

We went down to snappy snaps and were very pleased with their service. They do photos for all the countries...and they were on the ball with the correct photo requirements. We were charged £7.99 for four photos each.

We sent the photos and an A4 sized envelope along with the updated info (regarding height, name, eye color etc. ) for all four of us.

Hopefully yours should arrive anyday now, as ours had done!!!!

KJM Sep 9th 2008 9:23 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by the_connors76 (Post 6764312)
Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!! ;)

Thanks!!

Your just keen as mustard lol

I going to get my photos done when I come back off hol....so I will have a visa photo with a tan.lol:)

Where are you based now?

K

the_connors76 Sep 10th 2008 9:02 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by KJM (Post 6766733)
Your just keen as mustard lol

I going to get my photos done when I come back off hol....so I will have a visa photo with a tan.lol:)

Where are you based now?

K

LOL thats funny!

We're in Croydon, Surrey, so you can imagine why we want to get out so bad!!

lindaANDneil Sep 10th 2008 7:08 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by the_connors76 (Post 6764312)
Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!! ;)

Thanks!!

Us too, waiting for those passport requests. Moving from Hastings to Vancouver hopefully. AOR Feb 06, Meds done June 20th. GP says our meds were clear, so where are they?? Just had 2 offers on our house, bit of a bidding war went on yesterday...felt very proud of our little house attracting two buyers on the same day after 5 months in this marketplace! We were just about to give up and rent it out!

KJM Sep 10th 2008 9:04 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by lindaANDneil (Post 6769914)
Us too, waiting for those passport requests. Moving from Hastings to Vancouver hopefully. AOR Feb 06, Meds done June 20th. GP says our meds were clear, so where are they?? Just had 2 offers on our house, bit of a bidding war went on yesterday...felt very proud of our little house attracting two buyers on the same day after 5 months in this marketplace! We were just about to give up and rent it out!

We have been instructed by our Consultant to get our passports & fee to her 30 days after the meds so that will be the 5 Oct. Just recently on BE people have been getting their passport reqs 30 days after meds.:)

:)

dee999 Sep 10th 2008 9:11 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by the_connors76 (Post 6764312)
Hi

We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

Just want to keep things ready so that when we do finally get the request we are good to go!! ;)

Thanks!!

i am just starting the process with my husband who is a canadian citizen and if u dont mind me asking.....i keep reading this passport request.. what does that mean? is that like the final step????? we are doing sponsorship of spouse obviously..hopefully it doesnt take too long :(

KJM Sep 10th 2008 9:17 pm

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by dee999 (Post 6770386)
i am just starting the process with my husband who is a canadian citizen and if u dont mind me asking.....i keep reading this passport request.. what does that mean? is that like the final step????? we are doing sponsorship of spouse obviously..hopefully it doesnt take too long :(

Dee

Its the nail in the coffin..lol

Yes

Biiiiink Sep 11th 2008 1:00 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by the_connors76 (Post 6764312)
We are awaiting our passport request, but those of you who have received yours please could you let me know what we need to do - I understand from some other threads that we need photos, is there anything that we need?

You'll get this PHEP letter - it includes photo dimensions.

dee999 Sep 11th 2008 1:24 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6770948)
You'll get this PHEP letter - it includes photo dimensions.

I am a US citzen do we have to do that then?????? still?!?:o

lindaANDneil Sep 11th 2008 8:31 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by KJM (Post 6770353)
We have been instructed by our Consultant to get our passports & fee to her 30 days after the meds so that will be the 5 Oct. Just recently on BE people have been getting their passport reqs 30 days after meds.:)

:)

Hmmm. Well, I've actually emailed them this morning to check all is well. Never done this before as I know not to bother them but since they emailed me once, I figured it's ok! Fingers crossed :-)

the_connors76 Sep 11th 2008 8:44 am

Re: In anticipation of Passport Request
 

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6770948)
You'll get this PHEP letter - it includes photo dimensions.

Thanks so much - this is a great help!


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:10 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.