Another PRTD ?

Old May 16th 2016, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another PRTD ?

if someone is in the back of beyond in Zambia not anywhere near a Visa office/ embassy and their PR card has run out, is the only alternative to fly to the US and cross by land border ?
Thanks.
Old May 16th 2016, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another PRTD ?

I think the VAC in Tanzania serves Zambia:

Canada Visa Information - Tanzania - Home Page

You could contact them to find out the procedures (sending in application/in person etc.), estimate for how long etc. for a PRTD application.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; May 16th 2016 at 9:00 pm.
Old May 17th 2016, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
Old May 24th 2016, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
if someone is in the back of beyond in Zambia not anywhere near a Visa office/ embassy and their PR card has run out, is the only alternative to fly to the US and cross by land border ?
Thanks.

I'd very much doubt that any one in Zambia will check to see if you actually have a PR card. I flown into Canada several times this year and not once has it been checked by any airline.

If you have a British passport, I've come to the conclusion that they let you board regardless since you can enter for 6 months as a tourist.
I guess there is the risk they won't let you board though which would be poo
Old May 24th 2016, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tee1
I'd very much doubt that any one in Zambia will check to see if you actually have a PR card. I flown into Canada several times this year and not once has it been checked by any airline.

If you have a British passport, I've come to the conclusion that they let you board regardless since you can enter for 6 months as a tourist.
I guess there is the risk they won't let you board though which would be poo
this may change though post Sept 29 when the ETA process activates given as PR of course cannot have an ETA so need a PR card or PRTD but not clear how airlines will or will not check PR status for sure will check ETA much like they check the ESTA for the US and refuse boarding if not in the system. Must assume same checks available for PR status as ETA for visa exempt countries but will they refuse boarding, who knows

Last edited by PB65; May 24th 2016 at 5:08 am.
Old May 24th 2016, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you, the lady that asked me is going to get her husband to fly to the US and cross at land border now.