ANDREW MILLER

Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDREW MILLER

Quick question - Hypothetically speaking, if I had retained the services of Andrew Miller and he had delivered on them, I.E, I am now a landed PR in Canada, can I still claim a refund for these services? All assuming Andrew has broken CSIC regulations of course?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by akitared
Quick question - Hypothetically speaking, if I had retained the services of Andrew Miller and he had delivered on them, I.E, I am now a landed PR in Canada, can I still claim a refund for these services? All assuming Andrew has broken CSIC regulations of course?
What would be the point if you had all ready landed
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
What would be the point if you had all ready landed
Misrepresentation? Non-CSIC Member providing services?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

do u think all these consultants are stupid enough to let you walk away without paying?
i think 99% of them use their own address as the mailing address on your application form so if you dont pay, u wont receive the PR visa. however, everything should be stated in the retianer agreement.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timu12
do u think all these consultants are stupid enough to let you walk away without paying?
i think 99% of them use their own address as the mailing address on your application form so if you dont pay, u wont receive the PR visa. however, everything should be stated in the retianer agreement.
It's not about non-payment of services, as with others who have replied on this post, Andrew Miller's reputation was impeccable, as such, if his professional reputation is in question, and his credentials as so frequently mentioned, then what of the trust placed in him, across the internet and phone calls from people across the world hoping for their dreams of emigrating to Canada coming true?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by akitared
Misrepresentation? Non-CSIC Member providing services?
I suppose only if he wasnt a member when you were granted PR, I guess
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Also as he stated earlier in this post, he has 3 people working for him!! Do none of them do anything??!! 4 emails 4 phone calls to Vancouver, London, Hong Kong. Not one reply, not one!! In three weeks, i'm sorry did they not Know he was illif he could reply to emails then why not leave an away message, its not difficult. So much for '' call any of my numbers, my phone on my desk will ring no matter where i am in the world'' Come on Andrew explain yourself just saying you have been ill is NOT good enough in the job that you do
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeFromBristol
What does CSIC say about working with a suspended member???

http://www.csic-scci.ca/content/Workingwithasuspended

"A Member who has been suspended or revoked as a result of the discipline process is not entitled to hold herself or himself out as a Society member and is not entitled to act as an authorized representative. He or she may not represent, advise, or consult with a person who is the subject of a proceeding or application before the Minister, an officer or the Board, for a fee (in accordance with section 2 and subsection 13.1 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations).
Above doesn't apply to me as I haven't been suspended as result of the discipline process.

Also, in accordance with Rule 3.7 of the Rules of Professional Conduct, Members may not employ or retain in any capacity (having to do with the practice of Immigration law) a person whose membership or registration has been removed or suspended by the Society, except with the written permission of the Society. Further, Members may not share space or be a partner or associate with such a person, except with the written permission of the Society."
My firm is not employing any suspended member nor do I ...

"Members may not employ or retain IN ANY CAPACITY (having to do with the practice of Immigration law) a person whose membership or registration has been removed or suspended by the Society, except with the written permission of the Society."

This person being you Andrew.....
I'm not being employed by any member....

"Further, Members may not share space or be a partner or associate with such a person, except with the written permission of the Society."

Therefore, if Andrew Miller is sharing his office with a CSIC member, like he is claiming to do in his previous post, that CSIC member is breaking the rules of professional conduct. Also if Andrew (as he claims) is employing a CSIC member (as claimed in previous posts), that CSIC member is being retaining Andrew's services "IN ANY CAPACITY" and is such breaking CSIC's regulations..
As you can read from my previous post my firm is now incorporated - it means it is a separate legal entity, it is not me. Firm can legally employ anyone it wants.

Again - I am not being employed by any member and I am not employing any suspended member.

Guys and Gals - before you start panicking and accusing me of breaking the rules that I didn't break it would be a good idea not to misread those rules and not to apply them when and where not applicable.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:38 am

The other agency we were investigating was based in the UK with CSIC and Canadian Law Society Membership... Now it turns out that you have neither, and the appropriate authorities advise AGAINST dealing with you.
The agency in UK cannot be and is not a CSIC or law society member. Only individuals can be members - if company claims to be a member then it is a lie. Company may have employees or be associated with CSIC or law society member(s) though, just like my firm.

What authorities and where advised against retaining my firm's or my services?

Immigration Manual, Chapter IP09 here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/ip/ip09e.pdf

on page 2 (bottom of section 2) clearly states the following:

It is important to understand that CIC, the IRB and the CBSA are interpreting the Regulations to mean that R13.1(1) does not apply to any representation made to a client before an application is submitted to CIC. In other words, an applicant is obliged to disclose the name of their representative (paid or unpaid) on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form only if the individual will represent them once the application is submitted to CIC.

As you see from the above I can legally consult clients for a fee, so is my firm, and until the time application is submitted. But I personally will not be representing before Minister and/or CIC and/or IRB clients who retain (or retained) my firm's full representation services - they will be represented by one of duly authorized representatives working for my firm. What's wrong with it? Isn't it exactly what the UK agency is doing?

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Nov 13th 2008 at 2:44 am.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:10 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew, whilst I personally dont have an opinion on the issue, you've been pretty critical of none CSIC members and really strong in your advice not to use such members. You've got to now expect to receive some flak for the about turn...

I should also add however that you've been an invaluable member of the forum, and have provided tons of free advice- not just to other members, but to me personally. Some of the comments that have been posted since all this kicked off are ridiculous- eg/ the guy wanting his money back even though he's now got PR. What a tool.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fester
Andrew, after reading these posts we are now extremely concerned. Your payment has still not been received. Please respond to this message!!! We have had no response to any of our previous emails from September. Why is this??? Please confirm when you are sending our payment of $980.00 (not $440.00).

Please respond as a matter or urgency as this level of professional service is totally unacceptable.

These messages have been sent via gmail, british expats and aol, so what is the reason for you not to reply to any of these?? This has been going on for over a year now and we are very disappointed with your service.

Heath & Rona Golding

I completely agree here this service is totally unacceptable and extremely disappointing. You should think yourself lucky though $980.00 I have paid him $4500.00 to REPRESENT me in my PR application and Study Permit. I had to complete the Study Permit forms myself granted he did look over them and mark a few pointers for me but failed to mention anything about having to submit a study plan it was only when I asked him about this he said that it was a new regulation that came in. So again I prepared the study plan and sent it to him to look over. Seems to me he is getting money for old rope. Needless to say I have asked Mr Miller for a refund but he maintains that it was his company who we hired and not him personally!!!

I feel completely let down by the service Mr Miller or his so called company has provided me with ever since I paid him. And like I have said to Mr Miller in another email to his Gmail Account if he does have a company why hasn't anyone else been picking up the phone when I have been ringing or responding to emails. And if he does have representatives there who are Members at CSIC then I would like to have their membership number and contact details in order that I can have them REPRESENT me which is what I have paid him to do REPRESENT me not review my own paperwork!!!:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by jericho
Andrew, whilst I personally dont have an opinion on the issue, you've been pretty critical of none CSIC members and really strong in your advice not to use such members. You've got to now expect to receive some flak for the about turn...

I should also add however that you've been an invaluable member of the forum, and have provided tons of free advice- not just to other members, but to me personally. Some of the comments that have been posted since all this kicked off are ridiculous- eg/ the guy wanting his money back even though he's now got PR. What a tool.
Yes, I was advising against using non-authorized representatives since the implementation of relevant (currently R13.1(1)) section of Regulations. It didn't change. Just the CIC's official interpretation of this section changed earlier this year, following years of a total non-enforcement of the section against all so called ghost consultants. I still recommend using only authorized representatives to represent applicants in the process. And my firm has such authorized representatives on board.

But in the light of new official interpretation of R13.1(1) I can't say anymore that it is illegal to retain a paid assistance in the process of application preparation and until the point of submission. It is completely legal to retain and to provide such service.

Just to clear any confusion - fact that I'm not a CSIC member doesn't make my expertise and advice any less valuable. My firm still provides representation (through one of authorized representatives working with the firm) and will continue to do so for clients who need and retained (or will retain) it.

It is quite disappointing, unfair and completely against the signed contract though that some of my clients who have received or are in the process of receiving retained service (got their visas and/or permits or even already landed) jump here to criticize me or demand money back for services already received. Contract between them and my firm hasn't been broken in any way. Not by me anyway. It is also not nice to jump here to complain about me not replying in past few weeks to emails, while the matter has been explained both, here in public and in individual emails to clients.

Those who are not my clients but benefited from my free advice here, in PM's and emails and are now joining the bandwagon of critics - thanks for the token of appreciation. You've proven again that no good deed will remain unpunished.

Tracy, just to let you know - CHC London changed their WP and SP checklists at least twice in past 6 months.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Nov 13th 2008 at 4:06 am.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, I was advising against using non-authorized representatives since the implementation of relevant (currently R13.1(1)) section of Regulations. It didn't change. Just the CIC's official interpretation of this section changed earlier this year, following years of a total non-enforcement of the section against all so called ghost consultants. I still recommend using only authorized representatives to represent applicants in the process. And my firm has such authorized representatives on board.

But in the light of new official interpretation of R13.1(1) I can't say anymore that it is illegal to retain a paid assistance in the process of application preparation and until the point of submission. It is completely legal to retain and to provide such service.

Just to clear any confusion - fact that I'm not a CSIC member doesn't make my expertise and advice any less valuable. My firm still provides representation (through one of authorized representatives working with the firm) and will continue to do so for clients who need and retained (or will retain) it.

It is quite disappointing, unfair and completely against the signed contract though that some of my clients who have received or are in the process of receiving retained service (got their visas and/or permits or even already landed) jump here to criticize me or demand money back for services already rendered. Contract between them and my firm hasn't been broken in any way. It is also not nice to jump here to complain about me not replying in past few weeks to emails, while the matter has been explained both, here in public and in individual emails to clients.

Tracy, CHC London changed their checklists at least twice in past 6 months.
Andrew,

I am not criticising your expertise in the slightest and your knowledge is second to none. What I and most certainly other clients are criticising is your lack of communication. You have NOT EMAILED ME to explain your lack of response. It is only the fact that this has been posted on here that you have even started communication up again. As for demanding money back I can't see how you can claim that in order for you to assist us in the study permits the services rendered amount to $4500. It is only a small proportion of that amount which would have been used for the study permits and as stated above, I did all the form filling and submitting questions to you that I got the study permits completed. When I hired your firm I expected this stress to be removed and for you to be giving advice on all aspects of the process be it study or PR application. In light of what I have found out over the last 24 hours and the fact that I have asked you for the membership details of the employees you have and your lack of response in providing this information is what has lead me to ask for a refund. I will quite happily pay you for the proportion of the study permits that you have submitted but since you have helped me out in any way shape or form with regards the PR application and I am sat here at my computer now constructing these forms is why I would like a refund of the money paid to you.

Like I state above, I don't doubt your knowledge or expertise and in fact I think you are very very good at your job and have helped numerous people out in the process. What I still don't understand though and would like an explanation for is if you are running a company why doesn't anyone else answer the phone when you call up or return calls this is not the way to run an office!!!! And you are still only replying to this thread not to personal emails.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

how stupid is asking for $ back when they know it is impossible.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timu12
how stupid is asking for $ back when they know it is impossible.
Why should it be impossible when he hasn't conducting any PR application paperwork on my behalf yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.