Wikiposts

ANDREW MILLER

Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ANDREW MILLER

Originally Posted by JonboyE
According to your signature you have already landed.
I know some peoplle can't read
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Chick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to all

I think that everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to ten!

I haven't been on this forum for very long, but I have found Andrew's advice exceptionally helpful during this time.

It is apparent that he has been ill recently and I don't think that the tone of some of these posts will do anything to aid his recovery or his desire to get back to those who have been critical of him

If he's been out of action for a few weeks I expect that he will have a huge backlog to deal with. Now that this is out in the open at least give the poor guy a chance to respond to his clients in the proper manner, i.e. not via an open forum. We aren't in possession of all the facts, so it's best not to speculate and cause concern for those who are clients of Andrew.

Rant over.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
I know some peoplle can't read
If you've landed then you don't much need an immigration advisor. You can hardly expect your correspondence to be a priority.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:23 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you've landed then you don't much need an immigration advisor. You can hardly expect your correspondence to be a priority.
Which is the point I was trying to make.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dbd33
I dont have PR, Study permit
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:28 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have PR, Study permit
OK, I understand. On a point of semantics "landed" is generally taken to mean "become a permanent resident". The name used to be a landed immigrant.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

I haven’t asked that many questions on this forum (if any) and one of the reasons is because Andrew’s (and other prolific, well informed senior members, like Judy, Jim etc) previous responses answered mine. I have found his (and others) responses here to be very helpful. I am amazed at all these people jumping on Andrew, when he has clearly stated his reasons for being out of touch lately.

Don’t get me wrong. I understand the stress of this immigration process. I am going through one right now. I can understand that when you haven’t received responses from your consultant, it will make you edgy. I understand when you read “suspended” on a site, it will make you nervous.

But, Andrew has clearly explained all of those. And given his contribution here, I accept his explanations. In fairness, I haven’t retained Andrew and therefore, do not have a financial concern. But again, looking at his activities on this forum, I think he has established his reputation beyond doubt. He has been ill, give him a break.

For those demanding their money, it seems to me they want to have their cake and eat it too. Get positive immigration result and money back. Makes me wonder who really is the fraud here?

As for running a business with a mail box address, so? Many reputable businesses are run from home with a postbox address. Sure, lots of crooks do to, but then again lot of crooks run businesses from a well established location as well. I rather trust a person who has provided good advice (for free) working from home, than a bank located in Manhattan. Only if you did the same, we wont be in a mess we are now.

Andrew, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ray
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:08 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Easy for you to say, your not the one that has paid him $4500, and have had no response from him, even 36 hrs after this first thread started!!:curse:
I can see why people still in the process would be worried, but if your process is complete then why are you worried? Apologies if you still have something outstanding that you need your consultant to complete.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
I can see why people still in the process would be worried, but if your process is complete then why are you worried? Apologies if you still have something outstanding that you need your consultant to complete.
I think this thread is getting out of hand here and I am one of those people who have paid money to Andrew to represent me in the PR application. I along with others on this site wish Andrew a speedy recovery but am still concerned at his lack of response. I would have thought and if it were me in his shoes I would just post a reply stating the information people are asking i.e confirmation of the member number of his employees and the reason why no-one else picks the phone up. These two simple things would probably but this post to an end so Andrew please reply.

Like many people have said Andrew is a well respected member on this site and has provided invaluable knowledge, advice and expertise on here and hopefully he will continue to do so. I just wish he would respond adequately to clear all of this up.

Hopefully here from you soon Andrew.

Take care,
Tracy
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:23 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry AndyBC just realised you are on a study permit.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi to you all.

I think it's time to cut Andrew some slack and let him recover. He has been in touch with me and mentions, he will be in contact with all the people necessary.

He also said he has been taken into hospital, under life threading circumstances and was a bit touch and go, whether he would make it, so please back off for a while and give him the chance to sort it out himself.

The reason I think Andrew is not putting his associates and the numbers on this forum, because he thinks they would get a stampeded with his clients wanted answers and their advice and maybe trying to back out of paying or trying to get a cheaper deal, so I for one don't blame him.

Nice one and fair play to those members trying to calm things down and suggesting we give Andrew a bit of breathing space.

We are using Andrew and so far so good, he's helped us get our work and study permits, which has taken nearly two years from starting research and getting in touch with Andrew and now the next step is, when we finally land (with WP's not PR) we will start the process of applying and receiving our PR and that can take another 10 months, so ask yourself, is that worth the $4500????????????

End of story as far as we are concerned. Get well soon Andrew and take it easy.
Regards to all,
Carl
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: ANDREW MILLER

Originally Posted by bhk
For a business with an UPS Mailbox etc service acting as a real business address, and collecting thousands of dollars all over the world, you should be concerned.

Many frauds are using Mailbox Etc too. There's why some of the Mailbox Etc(s) were shutdown after 911.

Is my concern making some of you upset? Why so? Do we have anyone here associated with A. Miller?
I think if you take a look at a lot of Canadian businesses they have post office boxes rather than street addresses for correspondence purposes. I worked for a plastic surgeon who's main address was a PO Box. Does that make his office any more of a concern? Yes, many fraudsters use mail boxes, but many do not. Are you saying that all businesses that use mail boxes are frauds? I would advise you to get yourself some evidence of a fraud being committed before you go making accusations.

No, I personally am not associated with Andrew Miller. As a matter of fact I hadn't really even heard of him until I happened across this thread. I'm just a poster who thinks a lot of unfair things have been said about someone without there being any proof.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:47 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think if you take a look at a lot of Canadian businesses they have post office boxes rather than street addresses for correspondence purposes. I worked for a plastic surgeon who's main address was a PO Box. Does that make his office any more of a concern? Yes, many fraudsters use mail boxes, but many do not. Are you saying that all businesses that use mail boxes are frauds? I would advise you to get yourself some evidence of a fraud being committed before you go making accusations.

No, I personally am not associated with Andrew Miller. As a matter of fact I hadn't really even heard of him until I happened across this thread. I'm just a poster who thinks a lot of unfair things have been said about someone without there being any proof.
Totally agree, I cannot believe how so many people have jumped on the band wagon to slam a guy. Give the man a chance, take a chill pill, as many people have suggested, immigrating is a stressful experience and many posters here are getting way OTT.

What ever the outcome I personally don't think airing all of this on a forum is the correct way.

Andrew you offered us some free advice, which we took and are grateful for, so I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your business goes well, whether Incorporated or not.

Charlie
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Some people are funny

You need just look at the website by Andrew and you find the addressee

A. MILLER & ASSOCIATES, Inc.
Mailing
address:

xxxx x x xx x x x x x
Vancouver BC, V6G 3B7 • Canada

Is so simple

Maxim
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:50 am
Just Joined

dylan97 will become famous soon enough

It seems to me that the real problem here lies in the fact that there is a lot of unanswered questions regarding Mr. Miller's circumstances.

His clients should have been notified of the change with CSIC, as someone noted earlier, up to 5 days after the change was made.

He shouldn't be attempting to say that he has just now incorporated his business at it is clear that it was already set up this way.

Even if he had just incorporated, this would not affect his ability to be an independant member of CSIC as even owners/directors of corporations are technically 'employees' of the entity they create by incorporating.

If he does have 3 employees, even if they all work in seperate home offices,
someone should be taking calls and responding to emails as it is still a business and that is what they are hired for.

If this was your business, and you had a group of angry clients demanding money back out of fear that you might/have not delivered, wouldn't you get in contact with these people to reassure them and safeguard your business and reputation?

I agree this is an unfortunate time for Mr. Miller and wish him a speedy recovery, but I think if he or his associates are able, they should attempt to address the situation at hand before they lose out on potentially 10's of thousands of dollars (mine included.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.