Wikiposts

Almost there

Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Almost there

Originally Posted by amancharan
any news yet boyee?? i mean its already evening in India and i guess if ur husband was to get his passport, he would have got it by now??
any news??
he didnt get anything in todays mail.. We are still waiting.. hmmm.. does the wait mean anything LOL.. He asked the immigration officer to please send any mail by registered mail since he doesnt always receive his mail.. The officer agreed to send it by registered mail..

Last edited by Boyee; Apr 7th 2005 at 2:28 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:51 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boyee
he didnt get anything in todays mail.. We are still waiting.. hmmm.. does the wait mean anything LOL.. He asked the immigration officer to please send any mail by registered mail since he doesnt always receive his mail.. The officer agreed to send it by registered mail..
boyee... the passport would be sent via registered mail!!!! no matter wat he said to the visa officer, his passport would be sent via registered mail....
everyone's sent by it!
so, just wait for it; it guess tomorrow might be ur day then....
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

boyee... the passport would be sent via registered mail!!!! no matter wat he said to the visa officer, his passport would be sent via registered mail....
everyone's sent by it!
so, just wait for it; it guess tomorrow might be ur day then....
yes we know the passport will come that way.. But I was thinking that he is was accepted for PR visa then he wouldnt get his passport back until the RCMP and CSIS checks were done. I was thinking that if they sent him the request for two photos and the form for eye color, that would come by normal mail. I know the passport will come registered mail but beau was worried that if he was accepted that any letter asking for more information would not reach him. This was our thinking
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:30 am

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

yes we know the passport will come that way.. But I was thinking that he is was accepted for PR visa then he wouldnt get his passport back until the RCMP and CSIS checks were done. I was thinking that if they sent him the request for two photos and the form for eye color, that would come by normal mail. I know the passport will come registered mail but beau was worried that if he was accepted that any letter asking for more information would not reach him. This was our thinking
no boyee! if ur e-cas states "decision made", then its either a visa or no visa! i mean, if some other documents were required, the e-cas would still state "In Process"! so, if his application has been accepted, he will get the visa; otherwise not....
so, be sure that its his passport which is coming, and no other additional info request!! :scared:
For example, my status is still "In Process", even if i have passed my interview!!!! when it goes to " Decision Made"; that means i will be getting my passport in 3-4 days time!!!!
hope this solves ur confusion
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

no boyee! if ur e-cas states "decision made", then its either a visa or no visa! i mean, if some other documents were required, the e-cas would still state "In Process"! so, if his application has been accepted, he will get the visa; otherwise not....
so, be sure that its his passport which is coming, and no other additional info request!! :scared:
For example, my status is still "In Process", even if i have passed my interview!!!! when it goes to " Decision Made"; that means i will be getting my passport in 3-4 days time!!!!
hope this solves ur confusion

hmmmm then I guess it wont be good news. Since I am sure they didnt have time to do the RCMP and CSIS checks.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:50 am

hmmmm then I guess it wont be good news. Since I am sure they didnt have time to do the RCMP and CSIS checks.
I know; i dont want to crash ur hopes, but i was thinking about the same!
but again, u never know; I had one of my acquaintances who got his passport back within a week after his interview at Delhi, though his initial interview took time to happen.... its just ur good luck, u know!! so, thats why i am pretty optimistic about ur case!
hope u will hear good news, whenever u hear it
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

I know; i dont want to crash ur hopes, but i was thinking about the same!
but again, u never know; I had one of my acquaintances who got his passport back within a week after his interview at Delhi, though his initial interview took time to happen.... its just ur good luck, u know!! so, thats why i am pretty optimistic about ur case!
hope u will hear good news, whenever u hear it
was he applying under the family class? I am worried now..
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

was he applying under the family class? I am worried now..
is there anyway that we can find out if they have done the RCMP OR CSIS checks? I mean if they havent we know he has been rejected
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:12 am

is there anyway that we can find out if they have done the RCMP OR CSIS checks? I mean if they havent we know he has been rejected
Yes, that guy was being sponsored by his wife!!
anyways, the only way to find out that they have completed the checks is to order the CAIPS notes; but i guess its too late for that too! CAIPS notes take about 4 weeks to come to u after u apply, and ur partner will have the result maximum by saturday....
so, just wait for his passport boyee and hope for the best!! :scared:
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Yes, that guy was being sponsored by his wife!!
anyways, the only way to find out that they have completed the checks is to order the CAIPS notes; but i guess its too late for that too! CAIPS notes take about 4 weeks to come to u after u apply, and ur partner will have the result maximum by saturday....
so, just wait for his passport boyee and hope for the best!! :scared:
Was your friend told if he was accepted or possibly might be rejected at the interview? I guess they must have done the RCMP checks before he has his interview? When beau got those two letters in february (the passport request and the interview letter) we were confused, so I sent an email to immigration asking what we should do.. They actually called me. This was back in February 9 or 13th.. not sure exactly but no later than 14h.. The woman told me that the RCMP checks were not done on him at that time. So I guess what I am wondering now is if they do that before or after the interview. Beau has been in India all his life so I am sure it wouldnt take long for the checks for him. I am hopeful, but not much.

Please dont worry about crashing my hopes.. I would much rather know the odds and be realistic

Last edited by Boyee; Apr 7th 2005 at 6:36 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, just butting in here Boyee, -if your beau has lived in India all his life, why is he getting RCMP checks? Surely those are for people who have lived 6mths+ in Canada?

Biiiiink
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Sorry, just butting in here Boyee, -if your beau has lived in India all his life, why is he getting RCMP checks? Surely those are for people who have lived 6mths+ in Canada?

Biiiiink
It has to be done to make sure there is no national security risks etc. It shouldnt take long to have that done since he has not been outside of india.. The lady at the immigration office said that it would take from 2 weeks to 6 months. She said that it wouldnt take too long for Beau since he has not left india. My question is do that do the checks before the interview or after? My questions are unending..
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:23 am

It has to be done to make sure there is no national security risks etc. It shouldnt take long to have that done since he has not been outside of india.. The lady at the immigration office said that it would take from 2 weeks to 6 months. She said that it wouldnt take too long for Beau since he has not left india. My question is do that do the checks before the interview or after? My questions are unending..
Its not the RCMP checks that he has to undergo, but just the background checking! and background and medical checks are done after a successful interview or an interview waiver! so, the time the immigration people called u, I dont think they would have even started it! the process is initiated only after a successful interview or an interview waiver, as i said before..
and its not about he's hasnt left India; background checking can be delayed becuz of anything....
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Its not the RCMP checks that he has to undergo, but just the background checking! and background and medical checks are done after a successful interview or an interview waiver! so, the time the immigration people called u, I dont think they would have even started it! the process is initiated only after a successful interview or an interview waiver, as i said before..
and its not about he's hasnt left India; background checking can be delayed becuz of anything....
I know this is probably really difficult but Boyee try not to get yourself too worried. Much better to see the contents of the letter. My advise is 'Hope for the best but prepare for the worst'

Still think all will be well. There is not a universal answer to when the checks are completed for each case. It varies on a case by case basis and on the relevant visa office.

All the best again and we are still have our fingers crosses in great anticipation of good news
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by kki6
I know this is probably really difficult but Boyee try not to get yourself too worried. Much better to see the contents of the letter. My advise is 'Hope for the best but prepare for the worst'

Still think all will be well. There is not a universal answer to when the checks are completed for each case. It varies on a case by case basis and on the relevant visa office.

All the best again and we are still have our fingers crosses in great anticipation of good news
Any news on ur case yet boyee??
its friday gone and i was hoping that u would get some info?? :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.