Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Alberta and BC - Study Permit to PR

Alberta and BC - Study Permit to PR

Old Mar 28th 2021, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

LoveWalking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alberta and BC - Study Permit to PR

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for your assistance on my previous posts. I've continued on our research and decision making journey and hoping you could help me out again.

I was wondering if anyone has any insights into PR after studying.

I've got two study opportunities I'm working towards at the moment - one in the interior of BC and one in Alberta.
The program I'm looking into in BC is a one year certificate program, and the Alberta program is a 2 year diploma (neither post-grad).

I am going to be the one studying and my partner will be working, and we also have two young kids that will be going to school (3yrs and 6yrs).
My partner will remain as the primary applicant in our Express Entry profile because he has a strong education background, and also consistent work experience. I'll also recalculate my points soon too, but I don't have much hope for them being higher due to not having worked full time during children's early years, but have been freelancing (which I see doesn't count towards work experience). Currently our points are sitting at 420 but with age, these will reduce over the course of the next few years while we are still on our journey to PR.

Both study opportunities look great and each location has their obvious pros and cons. And acceptance on one or both of the programs will be dependent on the college and entrance testing. So outside of these details - I'm wondering about the likeliness / probability of an invitation to apply for PR either during studies or after graduation. I've researched into both provinces PNPs, and I've mapped out possible PR processes - however I'm wondering if I land up getting accepted into both colleges - which to choose. My thoughts at the moment are that our key priority is to work towards PR and hopefully take the path of least resistance - does anyone have any insights into - the efficiency (is efficiency the right word here?) - or probability of PR after graduating from a one or two year program in BC and Alberta?

Any insights into Alberta and/ or BC PR from Studying route would be great.

Many thanks.