age limit on PR

Old Apr 15th 2015, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

jonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura about
Default age limit on PR

folks been a while since i've been here - can someone remind me, or clarify "what is the limit / age limit to apply for a PR" - is it still 45 yr, or as i have been told today you can still apply at / or before your 52nd birthday

bit pushed for time today or i would have search however I'm sure someone can clarify quicker

ta ta
Old Apr 15th 2015, 5:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: age limit on PR

There's no age limit, and there never has been (or at least not for the past 8 years!) so not sure why you think it might be 'still 45 yr'? Are you thinking of Oz perhaps?

You'll get less points the older you get, but there's no limit and you can apply at any age.

HTH.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

jonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura about

great thanxs - feel a tad silly now, had a debate with a fellow from HR, i kept saying he was wrong - anyhow that helps...
Old Apr 15th 2015, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnieandmartina
great thanxs - feel a tad silly now, had a debate with a fellow from HR, i kept saying he was wrong - anyhow that helps...
Glad I could help anyway. There would be no points (assuming it was an economic based application, not something like spousal sponsorship, which doesn't have a points requirement) over the age of 45, but any age can still apply.

So you can phone that guy from HR and tell him you were both wrong!
Old Apr 15th 2015, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

yepp - gonna really eat some humble pie !! - worse is i'm using him as a resource for info - i was at one stage a PR, although i did the "landing" thing i returned (uk) and never came back therefore it expired - i now find myself in very different circumstances and wish to re-apply, however in a nut shell

1. i'm told i need to re-apply fresh, ie from the start as my original application as it has expired will not be counted.
2. my original PR was on a job role which is different to the job role i now have - albeit both are on the NOC in demand
3. and simply my family and have increased in size

therefore much humble pie..
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

yepp - gonna really eat some humble pie !! - worse is i'm using him as a resource for info - i was at one stage a PR, although i did the "landing" thing i returned (uk) and never came back therefore it expired - i now find myself in very different circumstances and wish to re-apply, however in a nut shell

1. i'm told i need to re-apply fresh, ie from the start as my original application as it has expired will not be counted.
2. my original PR was on a job role which is different to the job role i now have - albeit both are on the NOC in demand

Oh dear!

1. You'll need to formally relinquish your PR status, even if it has lapsed. Have you definitely lost it?
2. There's no list of jobs in demand anymore.
3. That's fine, as long as your dependants are aged 18 or under they can accompany you. Just more visa fees to pay!

Good luck with it.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

JandM If you used to be a PR and it has never been revoked then you might still have PR status. I have heard of PR's who have been outside canada for "too long" returning to Canada then after over 2 years residence and never leaving Canada in the mean time simply applying for a new PR card as CIC only look back 5 years. Until you have 2 years in Canada in the last 5 there would be a risk that CIC would revoke your PR status.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by paw339
JandM If you used to be a PR and it has never been revoked then you might still have PR status. I have heard of PR's who have been outside canada for "too long" returning to Canada then after over 2 years residence and never leaving Canada in the mean time simply applying for a new PR card as CIC only look back 5 years. Until you have 2 years in Canada in the last 5 there would be a risk that CIC would revoke your PR status.
That's a heck of a big risk for a family though! It's unlikely that an immi officer wouldn't notice the date on the Declaration Card. Possible I guess, but would the OP be happy spending thousands on flights on the off chance he gets a CBSA officer that's not had his coffee quota for the day?!
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

paw339 hi.. not quite sure if i get you - however in simple terms we done the "landing thing" in May 2009 - stayed couple weeks then returned to UK and sadly did not returned - therefore technically we expired after the five year point 2014.. my belief is that i would be expected to re-apply again as a fresh entry ?? completely from beginning - my concerns are the fact i'm in a new role and have an additional 2 children..your comments views are most welcome, as i seem to be getting into "minefields"
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

yepp thanxs - i am somewhat in-undated with info now,
1. i would assume i have lost the pr status as i am outside the 5yr point (ended 2014)
2. in demand job - correct i used the wrong phrase
3. fees - theres always a charge

im due to speak to my hr fellow in about an hour as hes trying to give me direction,
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You haven't actually lost PR status yet - but if you tried to enter Canada as a PR then you have to give the date you last left Canada on your Declaration Card, so assuming the immi officer looks properly, s/he will see you've not met your residency obligations.

So you could try and see if you can slip in unnoticed (making sure you tell the truth about dates), or you'd have to relinquish your PR yourself - Guide 5781 – Applying to Voluntarily Renounce Your Permanent Resident Status

HTH.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

paw339 hi.. not quite sure if i get you - however in simple terms we done the "landing thing" in May 2009 - stayed couple weeks then returned to UK and sadly did not returned - therefore technically we expired after the five year point 2014.. my belief is that i would be expected to re-apply again as a fresh entry ?? completely from beginning - my concerns are the fact i'm in a new role and have an additional 2 children..your comments views are most welcome, as i seem to be getting into "minefields"
Besides the date on the declaration card I tend to think having 2 x extra children in tow who haven't got PR status might be a bit of a red flag to a CBSA officer regardless of how many coffees Ive consumed that morning or evening.
My suggestion is relinquish and reapply once your PR has been formally relinquished and acknowledged by CIC.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 10:28 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you've lost your PR status. Why didn't you come back? And germain to that, why do you want to move here now? Christmas knows more about this than anyone else I know, but I think you pretty much have to have a job offer to stand a chance of acquiring a new visa.

Christmas, is there still the equivalent of the FSW Cat1 list under which you can apply?
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Christmas, is there still the equivalent of the FSW Cat1 list under which you can apply?
No, not any more, there's just the Express Entry pool which everybody can apply to enter, but only those with the highest scores will get selected. A job offer or PNP nomination gives 600 points (by far the highest jump in points), so you're right that it's less likely that an applicant will get selected without a job offer (or provincial nomination), although it is possible.

HTH.