affidavit question

Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of
Smile affidavit question

Im going to get an affidavit some time this week to confirm that my step daughter will not be accompanying us to live in Canada.

Does this letter have to be worded as if the sponsor is getting it (she is my step daughter) or can my wife who is her natural mother get it and have it worded as if she is relinquishing sponsoring her daughter. I probably know the answer (it will be me the sponsor) I just wanted to make sure. Aslo as she is 21 will she need to sign the affidavit also, I hope not as she is in the UK and Im in Canada, so might make things a little tricky.

I found this letter someone else had used and thought I would use it also.
(see below)

I understand that should my stepdaughter (name of child)ever wish to Immigrate to Canada they must meet all Immigration requirements in their own right and I fully relinquish any rights to sponsor them as family members now or at any future date.

Thanks Ed
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: affidavit question

Can't see the letter you say is below? But a quick forum search will bring up examples of what others have used.

Just a thought but is it not worth putting her on as a dependent? I know she may not wish to go now, but you never know if she'll change her mind in a few years time and then it would be too late to do anything about it. All she'd have to do is have a medical but at least it would keep her options open maybe?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:59 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is the letter they were referring to , the last sentence

I understand that should my stepdaughter (name of child)ever wish to Immigrate to Canada they must meet all Immigration requirements in their own right and I fully relinquish any rights to sponsor them as family members now or at any future date.

Pesonally sounds reasonable to me. Think it says all it needs to
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I think this is the letter they were referring to , the last sentence

Ooops, sorry, missed that - was looking for a longer letter! Thx Zoe.
Pesonally sounds reasonable to me. Think it says all it needs to
Ooops, sorry, missed that - was looking for a longer letter! Thx Zoe. And yes, agree that it sounds fine.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of

Thanks christmasoompa and Zoe,

my step daughter doesnt want to come to canada, she has a child and in a common law relationship, she has been for nearly 3 years now.
But yeah if i could persuade her, which we have tried showing her future options, she is happy where she is, and her mother and i respect that.

Just to clarily in my original question, do I have to sign the affidavit seen as i am the sponsor or can my wife who is in the Uk with my step daughter, just sign it instead. im not actually sure who has to sign it at all to be honest, Just dont want to mess this up as we are sending the application in at the end of June.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by edmontonian
my step daughter doesnt want to come to canada, she has a child and in a common law relationship, she has been for nearly 3 years now.
In which case, she's not a dependent child anyway, so no need to include her as a dependent on your application.

Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
In which case, she's not a dependent child anyway, so no need to include her as a dependent on your application.

Oh, thats great thanks! I just thought with her still being 21 she would have to have something to say she didnt want to come with us. Thanks, saves me alot of bother!