AEO instead of LMO??

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AEO instead of LMO??

Hello,
I have a bit of an unusual situation and would be very grateful if someone could clarify things for me a little.
I am working in Canada at the moment on a TWP which runs out in February. My job requires an LMO and last year my company had to readvertise in order for me to get a new LMO and TWP.

The plan was that this year we would apply for PR to avoid having to go through this again. My employer applied for an Arranged Employment Opinion for me which has now been issued.

However due to a change in circumstance we are now no longer applying for intending to stay in Canada beyond July of next year so not planning to apply for residency.

So my question is does my employer still have to readvertise my position in order to get an LMO and TWP extension to enable me to work from February to July, or will the Arranged Employment Opinion enable me to get a TWP extension?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks so much.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:27 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AEO instead of LMO??

You need an LMO. AEO provides no temporary benefit.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:49 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Hello,
I have a bit of an unusual situation and would be very grateful if someone could clarify things for me a little.
I am working in Canada at the moment on a TWP which runs out in February. My job requires an LMO and last year my company had to readvertise in order for me to get a new LMO and TWP.

The plan was that this year we would apply for PR to avoid having to go through this again. My employer applied for an Arranged Employment Opinion for me which has now been issued.

However due to a change in circumstance we are now no longer applying for intending to stay in Canada beyond July of next year so not planning to apply for residency.

So my question is does my employer still have to readvertise my position in order to get an LMO and TWP extension to enable me to work from February to July, or will the Arranged Employment Opinion enable me to get a TWP extension?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks so much.
As BTJ says, you need an LMO.
It is irrelevant whether you have a Federal Skilled Worker Cat 2 application (AEO) in processing or not - you only have exemption from the LMO if you have a Provincial Nomination approval.

If you want to stay and work you have to still have the LMO to get the TWP. This means all the re-advertising and everything else to fulfil the requirements must be done.
It is taking three times as log for an LMO to be processed in B.C at the moment as it did in May when we applied and if that s reflected elsewhere I would get a move on with the application or you will find yourself unable to work.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I better get started straight away!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:15 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I better get started straight away!
I would!!
Good luck with it