Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ADVICE Reqd: Got Immigrationn but How to transfer Funds...

ADVICE Reqd: Got Immigrationn but How to transfer Funds...

Old Jan 30th 2001, 7:36 pm
Naran

Hi Immigration Experts;

After getting Immigrant visa, I would like to bring or transfer sufficient
savings/funds from from India to Canada in order to survive on my own. Is there any
facility in Indian/Canadian banks or system within Immigration where you could deposit
in your home country and withdraw/use those converted funds to $ in Canada ofcourse
thro proper channel.

I don't think you could carry draft/travllers cheque more then few hundred dollars or
so...from India but not sure. I was searching on CIC website and some Banks in canada but
could not find anything... Has anybody in the same situation?

Any advice/direction in this regard will be higghly appreciated and I will thanks for your
precious time and suggestions.

Please post! Regards and Thanks.

Old Jan 30th 2001, 11:09 pm
childman

Hi Naran

Go to Citi Bank they are in all major cities. This is provided you have a NRI Account
opened already.

If you are not an NRI then the best way is to approach friends who live abroad and
ask for help.

Best of luck and welcome to Canada!

Russell Monsurate Immigration Consultant Vancouver BC http://www.russcanada.com
email:[email protected]

Naran wrote:

> Hi Immigration Experts;
>
> After getting Immigrant visa, I would like to bring or transfer sufficient savings/funds
> from from India to Canada in order to survive on my own. Is there any facility in
> Indian/Canadian banks or system within Immigration where you could deposit in your home
> country and withdraw/use those converted funds to $ in Canada ofcourse thro proper
> channel.
>
> I don't think you could carry draft/travllers cheque more then few hundred dollars or
> so...from India but not sure. I was searching on CIC website and some Banks in canada
> but could not find anything... Has anybody in the same situation?
>
> Any advice/direction in this regard will be higghly appreciated and I will thanks for
> your precious time and suggestions.
>
> Please post! Regards and Thanks.

Old Jan 31st 2001, 3:26 pm
David Cohen

Hi Immigration Experts;
>
> After getting Immigrant visa, I would like to bring or transfer sufficient savings/funds
> from from India to Canada in order to survive on my own. Is there any facility in
> Indian/Canadian banks or system within Immigration where you could deposit in your home
> country and withdraw/use those converted funds to $ in Canada ofcourse thro proper
> channel.
>
> I don't think you could carry draft/travllers cheque more then few hundred dollars or
> so...from India but not sure. I was searching on CIC website and some Banks in canada
> but could not find anything... Has anybody in the same situation?
>
> Any advice/direction in this regard will be higghly appreciated and I will thanks for
> your precious time and suggestions.

You may be able to transfer the funds from your account in India to an account in Canada,
once opened. You should get instruction from your bank, however, because India does have
currency controls, and you will likely be in Canada at the time that the transfer is
conducted.

Links to the major Canadian banks are available at the following URL:

http://canadavisa.com/dbank/new.htm
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community