ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY!!

Old Nov 27th 2011, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY!!

Hi everyone,

Wanted to ask the advice from anyone who can help with the idea of going over to Calgary on a TWP hoping to get work within a Crane/driving job, is this wise or possible.
Just feeling desperate and very let down by CIC, if we wait we may be here for 2+ years more.... and that is a very long time because it has already been 16+months since we applied to Sydney!!

Any advice much appreciated

Regards

Bal
Old Nov 27th 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY!!

Hi there,

I'm afraid you can't go over on a TWP and then look for work (unless someone more knowledgeable can correct me).

You will have to find a job, and get that employer to complete a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) which means that there isn't a Canadian citizen or PR that can have the job. Once you have the LMO you can then apply for a TWP through a visa office or at the point of entry.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 1:16 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

We are going in on a provincial nominee program visa, been waiting 4 months and dh, a crane driver is flying out next week to get a twp you need a job with a positive lmo. Unless you are going in on a pnp.
We also get expedited PR processing so should be PR in 12-13m

Calgary has a pnp program and you will need to check the licensing for your Province, in BC you have to pass an online knowledge test, then can drive operate non critical lifts.(when you have a class 1 for tractor trailer cranes or class 3 for mobile solid base cranes) until you have passed the level A practical test.

I really feel for anyone waiting in the queue. I wonder how much faster it would be if everyone who had given up or gone another route, was taken out if the queue! Good luck and remember crane drivers do it with a 50' boom!
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Hi there,

I'm afraid you can't go over on a TWP and then look for work (unless someone more knowledgeable can correct me).

You will have to find a job, and get that employer to complete a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) which means that there isn't a Canadian citizen or PR that can have the job. Once you have the LMO you can then apply for a TWP through a visa office or at the point of entry.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I thought that was what I needed to do but wanted confirmation.
I will need a helpful employer and I will need a 'Red Seal' or such like for crane work in Alberta.

Thanks

Bal
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Chris, forgot to ask, have you already applied for your visa's or are you on your way there? either way what route have you taken and what is your status?? please let us know as it maybe helpful.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:31 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

you hae to get your crane licence before you can get the red seal. the red seal says "i was trained in calgary but i can drive in any state in Canada" you need a licence first.
and yes your employer needs to be helpful, or you need an immi agent. i know you can do it all yourself as could I, but we couldnt find an employer who was interested, we got an immi agent and she knew a crane company looking for people, in canada its not what you know its who you know! our agent reassured the employer she would deal with all the paperwork and all he had to do was sign it and once dh had his interview bam. visa on the way.

do check the provincial worksafe dept tho and they can advise you about your province, also check the local union, they were very helpful for us.
good luck.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by __TJ__
We are going in on a provincial nominee program visa, been waiting 4 months and dh, a crane driver is flying out next week to get a twp you need a job with a positive lmo. Unless you are going in on a pnp.
We also get expedited PR processing so should be PR in 12-13m

Calgary has a pnp program and you will need to check the licensing for your Province, in BC you have to pass an online knowledge test, then can drive operate non critical lifts.(when you have a class 1 for tractor trailer cranes or class 3 for mobile solid base cranes) until you have passed the level A practical test.

I really feel for anyone waiting in the queue. I wonder how much faster it would be if everyone who had given up or gone another route, was taken out if the queue! Good luck and remember crane drivers do it with a 50' boom!
Hi TJ,

Thanks for your help, I will be looking into taking this route and if it means taking a trip over to Calgary that's what I'll do in order to gain a job and temporary residence until PR happens.

Regards

Bal
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

TJ, is there any chance you could let me have the details of the Immi agent that you used, she may be able to help me with my mission?

Thanks

Bal
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:22 pm
finally together...

will pm, as its not ok to advertise on here