Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

They're certainly getting their finger out !

They're certainly getting their finger out !

Old Nov 26th 2011, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute
Default They're certainly getting their finger out !

There was an announcement the other week that things were going to get speeded up for the sponsor route for parents and grandparents. My daughter in Canada sent in my forms April 2008 and I was expecting to wait another few years as the processing date on CIC website was only at 11 Sept 2007. However my daughter received a letter yesterday asking for updates. She at first thought they wanted updates on her details but then realised that it was my details they were after (the 2nd part of the sponsonship process).

It was confusing as they hadn't even confirmed that she and her husband were in fact passed as fit to sponsor me. I thought these forms that I now have to complete were to be sent to London but Mississauga is asking for them to be returned to them so it appears they are by passing London to speed things up even more.

This is all well and good but my head is now in a whirl as I have the 90 days to get everything completed and I don't have anyone on this side of the pond to help me so I would be grateful if I can ask a couple of questions from all you lovely helpful people.

1. I have lived in Scotland all my life so which up to date forms should I use for the police checks?

2. My passport runs out on 31st January 2013 so should I renew it now (assuming I will get my PR sometime next year) before I send copies of my present one with my forms?

Thank you

Granma Nessie
Old Nov 27th 2011, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They're certainly getting their finger out !

That's great news for you grandma Nessie.

My mothers sponsorship application was sent by my Canadian brother in July 2008 and we await news too.

Sorry, not much advice to give you at the moment but wanted to say how exciting and daunting this must be for you after all this waiting.

BigRon received his PR as a grandparent/parent this year so maybe send him a message to see what he had to do.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
That's great news for you grandma Nessie.

My mothers sponsorship application was sent by my Canadian brother in July 2008 and we await news too.

Sorry, not much advice to give you at the moment but wanted to say how exciting and daunting this must be for you after all this waiting.

BigRon received his PR as a grandparent/parent this year so maybe send him a message to see what he had to do.
Thanks for your best wishes, Robin and it may not be too long till you hear about your mother's application. Keep in touch and let me know as it is good to have someone in the same category of application to share info with.

Is there anyone else on here who could advise me on renewing my passport given that it runs out 31st January 2013 and the fact I may get PR sometime 2012?
Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Granma Nessie
Thanks for your best wishes, Robin and it may not be too long till you hear about your mother's application. Keep in touch and let me know as it is good to have someone in the same category of application to share info with.

Is there anyone else on here who could advise me on renewing my passport given that it runs out 31st January 2013 and the fact I may get PR sometime 2012?
There's nothing to stop you renewing your passport early......we did with a couple of our passports. If you do it during a quiet time of year then you'll get it back much quicker. I applied on-line.....typed onto the form and it was then sent to me for checking and signing....much easier.