advice on LMO application

Old May 5th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

mclaren family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice on LMO application

Hi

As I've mentioned before, the company who has offered my hubby a job has never hired a foreign worker before and I am talking them through the process (blind leading the blind comes to mind )

They are currently advertising the job on job bank and have asked what the next step is (I've emailed all the steps twice as simply as I can make it) anyway, after the 2 weeks advertising as you know they need to send an offer letter to my hubby and submit a copy with the LMO application. Is it better to say they had no replies to the job or yes they did and they were unsuitable for the position because of x & y. I have no idea if they have received any interest or not. was just thinking of what to reply

Also hoping for a 2 year work permit and the hubbies passport runs out July 2011, is he better off applying for an extension to his passport - I was kinda hoping this would be kinda sorted by now but the company have dragged their heels, and it looks more like it will be after July before hubby can land

Thank you

Last edited by mclaren family; May 5th 2009 at 3:30 pm. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old May 5th 2009, 5:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on LMO application

Hi

Originally Posted by mclaren family
Hi

As I've mentioned before, the company who has offered my hubby a job has never hired a foreign worker before and I am talking them through the process (blind leading the blind comes to mind )

They are currently advertising the job on job bank and have asked what the next step is (I've emailed all the steps twice as simply as I can make it) anyway, after the 2 weeks advertising as you know they need to send an offer letter to my hubby and submit a copy with the LMO application. Is it better to say they had no replies to the job or yes they did and they were unsuitable for the position because of x & y. I have no idea if they have received any interest or not. was just thinking of what to reply

Also hoping for a 2 year work permit and the hubbies passport runs out July 2011, is he better off applying for an extension to his passport - I was kinda hoping this would be kinda sorted by now but the company have dragged their heels, and it looks more like it will be after July before hubby can land

Thank you
In this economic climate, HRSDC is going to think that is very strange that no one applied. If they had applicants, then they will have to state why they were unsuitable. IF he is issued a work permit it would be valid to the length of the LMO or expiry of the passport.