FSW - Alberta

Old May 3rd 2009, 5:46 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 134
jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSW - Alberta

Hello guys, got a question about the FSW Alberta. What is the process for applying for PR under the FSW class. I am an accountant, and I have numerous years of experience in the field, therefore I am on the list of 38 occupations. I am curious to know:

1) What the timeline is like from the time of me submitting my app to being approved for PR (estimated time). I am from the caribbean so my app would have to go through the Port of Spain office, however, is there anyway that my application can go through Buffalo? I am currently in AB on a TWP.
2) How should I go ahead with the application. Fill out the paperwork and send it to Buffalo?
3) If you already have an application with the PNP, can you not submit another application under a different route? (FSW)
4) Does the FSW fall under the PNP? Therefore, does the province have to nominate you for the PR?
5) If nominated by the province, can you use the positive nomination to apply for a TWP?

I am asking because I have an application with the ABPNP. I have not heard anything from them as yet, but just wondering what other options are open to me, especially considering the turn of the economy.

Thanks for any help given. Greatly appreciated!
jammy123 is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 3:57 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 134
jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Originally Posted by jammy123
Hello guys, got a question about the FSW Alberta. What is the process for applying for PR under the FSW class. I am an accountant, and I have numerous years of experience in the field, therefore I am on the list of 38 occupations. I am curious to know:

1) What the timeline is like from the time of me submitting my app to being approved for PR (estimated time). I am from the caribbean so my app would have to go through the Port of Spain office, however, is there anyway that my application can go through Buffalo? I am currently in AB on a TWP.
2) How should I go ahead with the application. Fill out the paperwork and send it to Buffalo?
3) If you already have an application with the PNP, can you not submit another application under a different route? (FSW)
4) Does the FSW fall under the PNP? Therefore, does the province have to nominate you for the PR?
5) If nominated by the province, can you use the positive nomination to apply for a TWP?

I am asking because I have an application with the ABPNP. I have not heard anything from them as yet, but just wondering what other options are open to me, especially considering the turn of the economy.

Thanks for any help given. Greatly appreciated!
Can someone help me??? Please??
jammy123 is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 5:01 am
  #3  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Hi

Originally Posted by jammy123
Hello guys, got a question about the FSW Alberta. What is the process for applying for PR under the FSW class. I am an accountant, and I have numerous years of experience in the field, therefore I am on the list of 38 occupations. I am curious to know:

1) What the timeline is like from the time of me submitting my app to being approved for PR (estimated time). I am from the caribbean so my app would have to go through the Port of Spain office, however, is there anyway that my application can go through Buffalo? I am currently in AB on a TWP.
2) How should I go ahead with the application. Fill out the paperwork and send it to Buffalo?
3) If you already have an application with the PNP, can you not submit another application under a different route? (FSW)
4) Does the FSW fall under the PNP? Therefore, does the province have to nominate you for the PR?
5) If nominated by the province, can you use the positive nomination to apply for a TWP?

I am asking because I have an application with the ABPNP. I have not heard anything from them as yet, but just wondering what other options are open to me, especially considering the turn of the economy.

Thanks for any help given. Greatly appreciated!
1. Since CHC only started processing FSW applications in Nov/08 no one has a real time line. CIC stated 6-12 months for processing. There are no visa issued at Buffalo under FSW on Trackitt for applications submitted after Nov/08.
2. If you were ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year, you can choose Buffalo of Port of Spain for the processing office. You know that you send the simplified application to Sydney not Buffalo?
3. You can submit FSW application even though you have a PNP application, eventually you would have withdraw one.
4. PNP as the Provincial Nomination Program the title says it, FSW Federal although both applications eventually end up at an overseas office.
5. If you have an approved PNP you can use it to apply for a work permit.
PMM is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 5:13 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 134
jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



1. Since CHC only started processing FSW applications in Nov/08 no one has a real time line. CIC stated 6-12 months for processing. There are no visa issued at Buffalo under FSW on Trackitt for applications submitted after Nov/08.
2. If you were ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year, you can choose Buffalo of Port of Spain for the processing office. You know that you send the simplified application to Sydney not Buffalo?
3. You can submit FSW application even though you have a PNP application, eventually you would have withdraw one.
4. PNP as the Provincial Nomination Program the title says it, FSW Federal although both applications eventually end up at an overseas office.
5. If you have an approved PNP you can use it to apply for a work permit.
Hi PMM thanks for the reply. It is greatly appreciated. Is it advisable to send in the simplified or the full version?
jammy123 is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 5:15 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 134
jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Originally Posted by jammy123
Hi PMM thanks for the reply. It is greatly appreciated. Is it advisable to send in the simplified or the full version?
Also, you cannot apply for a work permit if you have PNP nomination under category 2 right?
jammy123 is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 5:23 am
  #6  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Hi

Originally Posted by jammy123
Also, you cannot apply for a work permit if you have PNP nomination under category 2 right?
1. You are still confusing Federal Skilled Worker and PNP. If you have a Provincial Nomination Certificate you can apply for a work permit. FSW2 means the applicant has an Arranged Employment Option from an employer that has been approved by HRSDC. Meaning the employer will hire the applicant once they become a PR.
2. Please, Please read the instructions. You don't file a full application in the initial phase when your send the application to Sydney.
PMM is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 5:35 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 134
jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



1. You are still confusing Federal Skilled Worker and PNP. If you have a Provincial Nomination Certificate you can apply for a work permit. FSW2 means the applicant has an Arranged Employment Option from an employer that has been approved by HRSDC. Meaning the employer will hire the applicant once they become a PR.
2. Please, Please read the instructions. You don't file a full application in the initial phase when your send the application to Sydney.
Ok, PMM firstly honestly i have done lots of reading and have not seen anything about the simplified version to Syndey. Also, since I got the nomination with my employer to sign the forms for me as well, it means that I have to stay with my employer until, at least, when the PR is granted. Like I mentioned before, with the state of the economy, I like to know that I have options available. Therefore, are you saying that with the PNP nomination, even if something were to happen with my job, I can still use that nomination to apply for another work permit?

Secondly, if you can probably send me the link talking about the simplified verion that would be so greatly appreciated. Because all I am seeing are the forms to send to Buffalo. And again, would you recommend the simplified version over submitting the full version to Buffalo? What are the advantages or disadvantages. Thanks so much.
jammy123 is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 6:24 am
  #8  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Hi

Originally Posted by jammy123
Ok, PMM firstly honestly i have done lots of reading and have not seen anything about the simplified version to Syndey. Also, since I got the nomination with my employer to sign the forms for me as well, it means that I have to stay with my employer until, at least, when the PR is granted. Like I mentioned before, with the state of the economy, I like to know that I have options available. Therefore, are you saying that with the PNP nomination, even if something were to happen with my job, I can still use that nomination to apply for another work permit?

Secondly, if you can probably send me the link talking about the simplified verion that would be so greatly appreciated. Because all I am seeing are the forms to send to Buffalo. And again, would you recommend the simplified version over submitting the full version to Buffalo? What are the advantages or disadvantages. Thanks so much.

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
2. The PNP certificate is only valid for obtaining a job with the nominating company. If the job vanishes, the PNP certificate would probably be withdrawn.
PMM is offline  
Old May 5th 2009, 6:30 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 134
jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - Alberta

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi




1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
2. The PNP certificate is only valid for obtaining a job with the nominating company. If the job vanishes, the PNP certificate would probably be withdrawn.
I see. Understood. Thanks alot!!..I never saw that address in NS. That's why I was wondering if the submitted app went straight to the visa processing office. Thanks again PMM.
jammy123 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.