Additional family info...

Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:53 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Wyton, Cambridgeshire
Posts: 90
TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Additional family info...

Does anyone know if Police seaches are done on those listed on the "Additional Family Information" form?

I am just curious as to what may be done with that information... for instance I haven't been in touch with my siblings for years, and so what if one of them has been involved in some criminal activity?! Is that going to impact on my application?
I don't imagine that they ARE involved in anything, ....but I would be absolutely furious with them if they did affect my application!!

Carol
TheTonkins is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:30 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional family info...

Only your dependants (accompanying or not) go through inadmissibility checks. Other relatives are not being checked.

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
Does anyone know if Police seaches are done on those listed on the "Additional Family Information" form?

I am just curious as to what may be done with that information... for instance I haven't been in touch with my siblings for years, and so what if one of them has been involved in some criminal activity?! Is that going to impact on my application?
I don't imagine that they ARE involved in anything, ....but I would be absolutely furious with them if they did affect my application!!

Carol
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:45 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: GTA
Posts: 134
Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Additional family info...

aint you a lucky guy Tonkins !!.... now u can be as far away as possible from them!!! :scared: :scared:
Scoobsta is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:54 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Wyton, Cambridgeshire
Posts: 90
TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Additional family info...

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
aint you a lucky guy Tonkins !!.... now u can be as far away as possible from them!!! :scared: :scared:

Hee Hee! Yes.. (but i'm a gal), and I honestly don't think they WILL have been doing anything!! Honestly.
Still want to get away from them though

I was also on the "where to sign on form IMM 0008" thread. I think there are a few of us having small panics right now... It is simply "pre-posting of application nerves"

Oh except Kaz, because it is too late for him to change anything now!....

Thank you for your replies Andrew, it is appreciated by us all.

Carol
TheTonkins is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:36 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 208
Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Additional family info...

Don't say that! All afternoon I have been thinking "Did I remember .....?" and "what about....."

You just wait! After pre-posting nerves comes post-posting nerves!!

Kaz x

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
I was also on the "where to sign on form IMM 0008" thread. I think there are a few of us having small panics right now... It is simply "pre-posting of application nerves"

Oh except Kaz, because it is too late for him to change anything now!....

Thank you for your replies Andrew, it is appreciated by us all.

Carol
Kazphillips is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2005, 6:42 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Wyton, Cambridgeshire
Posts: 90
TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Additional family info...

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Don't say that! All afternoon I have been thinking "Did I remember .....?" and "what about....."

You just wait! After pre-posting nerves comes post-posting nerves!!

Kaz x
Ah yes, but I am quite looking forward to these... at least you can start to tick off the weeks.
Ok, months.
Ok, years

Maybe we will be fortunate and it will be "months"! Got to be positive.

Well done though on finally getting the thing posted at all!!
I CAN'T WAIT to get ours posted. BTW, did you send it recorded delivery or some other reliable way?

Carol
TheTonkins is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:33 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 208
Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Additional family info...

Hi Carol

I sent ours Special Delivery today. It cost £10 (but I am in Jersey) but is worth it for security/speed/tracking etc. I tracked it tonight and apparently it should be delivered tomorrow before noon!
Kaz x

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
I CAN'T WAIT to get ours posted. BTW, did you send it recorded delivery or some other reliable way?

Carol
Kazphillips is offline  
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:21 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Wyton, Cambridgeshire
Posts: 90
TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Additional family info...

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Hi Carol

I sent ours Special Delivery today. It cost £10 (but I am in Jersey) but is worth it for security/speed/tracking etc. I tracked it tonight and apparently it should be delivered tomorrow before noon!
Kaz x
Hi Kaz,

It was sensible to send it via Special Delivery...we shall do the same (from Cambridgeshire).
Oh... let it be soon, we are waiting for the Police Certificates..the second lot, because the first ones have gone over the three month deadline! Things always take longer than you think to get done, unfortunately. Better to have a good and thorough application though, than have it returned.

Let us know when you receive the "AOR"!
Even that will be exciting!

Carol
TheTonkins is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.