Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional Documents request: Proof of funds

Additional Documents request: Proof of funds

Old Jul 19th 2017, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all
Default Additional Documents request: Proof of funds

Hi All,

recieved the following message in my EE applicaiton today

"- Client Information: For a family of 2 you must have in the form of transferable and available
funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to $15,312 (in Canadian
dollars) to settle in Canada. Please provide documentary evidence of this"

i demonstrated this at point of submission with bank statements across all my current account and credit card statements from all my CCs showing that our joint account held this amount, and the CC debts were covered by the excess monies in my savings and bills accounts etc

any idea what additional information i can give?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 7:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Documents request: Proof of funds

Hi

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
Hi All,

recieved the following message in my EE applicaiton today

"- Client Information: For a family of 2 you must have in the form of transferable and available
funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to $15,312 (in Canadian
dollars) to settle in Canada. Please provide documentary evidence of this"

i demonstrated this at point of submission with bank statements across all my current account and credit card statements from all my CCs showing that our joint account held this amount, and the CC debts were covered by the excess monies in my savings and bills accounts etc

any idea what additional information i can give?
1. IRCC is probably checking that the money still exists before finalizing the application.