Me again

Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Tattoocaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Me again

Hello everyone.

So update on my situation. I have applied to extend my iec through the circumstances that I believe they gave me the wrong date etc all the paperwork and things where sent a while back by post.

My question is. My visa is expires on August 15th. How does the implied status work and carrying on with my job. Will my sin number still work and stuff.

Is there people I have to call to see if I will get implied status. My head is bamboozled looking online.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 6:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me again

Hi, there is no implied status with an IEC - see the sticky thread above.

Maybe you missed it, but you were told this on your last thread a couple of months ago, and were told you must get it sorted asap for that reason.

So if you don't get a new/extended IEC by the time your current IEC expires, make sure you switch to visitor status and stop working. This is particularly important if you're still hoping to apply for PR next year, you don't want to do anything to jeopardise that.

HTH, hope you hear back soon.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

I went and spoke to an immigration consultant who said I could call and find out if I would be eligible for the implied status. As I was preparing to send all my documents away.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

So I read it all in the wiki page. So whoever I spoke to either is confused or is giving me very wrong info.

So now I have to switch to a visitors visa. So what happens if I don't get a reply before my iec runs out do I just stop working and wait for a response. I have 90 days I got told to sort things out. Unless that was other misguided info. But won't I have then a visitor visa application waiting for a response and an extension on my iec as a mistake on their behalf.

This is all so confusing. Oh and this hot weather in Canada is killing my pale Scottish skin

Sorry for confusing ppl I know you all are prob frustrated with me and I don't disagree.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:48 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said, you have to switch to a visitor visa and stop working once your IEC expires.

You can apply now for a change of status from worker to visitor. If you don't hear back by August 15th then you will have implied status as a visitor so you can legally stay in the country and still be in status and such.

There is absolutely no implied status for IEC workers. You cannot continue working after August 15th unless you manage to get your IEC sorted before then.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

So I know it says 30 days before your visa ends. But now because of misguided infor I only have 26 days left. Can I still apply for a visitor visa or did it have to be exact 30 days before.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 1:58 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply UP TO 30 days before, up until your permit expires, so you are in the clear! Apply away!