AAIP / PR conditions

Old Mar 24th 2024, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Hels66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AAIP / PR conditions

Hi all, bit of a complicated one but will try and keep it to the point.

Arrived in Alberta on an LMIA, a job which is applicable for AAIP so I can obtain PR via PNP (in progress). However, the job just isn't as first expected and for a number of reasons, is not suitable long term 👎🏻👎🏻

My question is if we stick it out the next couple of months/until PR is granted, am I then able to quit the job that provided the LMIA and find alternative work (and does this have to be the same NOC code as the PNP application?) or is our PR tied to the PNP/job offer??

Just deciding whether to cut my losses now and head back to the UK or be miserable a couple more months, wait for PR to come through and then have freedom to move elsewhere (within Alberta) for work.

I've tried my best to research this on the government website etc. however, the info appear to be quite vague.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 24th 2024, 9:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAIP / PR conditions

Have you actually applied for PR?

Which PNP stream?
Old Mar 24th 2024, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Hels66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's the accelerated tech pathway. I read it was up to 6 months and sent it off a month ago. So not exactly a couple months, more like 5 more I'd have to stick it out for. But just wondering if I'm tied to this job in order to stay here if/when PR comes through...
Old Mar 25th 2024, 7:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels66
Yes, it's the accelerated tech pathway. I read it was up to 6 months and sent it off a month ago. So not exactly a couple months, more like 5 more I'd have to stick it out for. But just wondering if I'm tied to this job in order to stay here if/when PR comes through...
What have you applied for - AAIP or the Federal PR app? Each takes about 6 months, so a year or so in total, and it’s not clear what stage you’re at.

Either way I’m afraid I’d say you need to work in the job for a year or so after you get PR, as your application is based on it. Although technically you could leave straight away, you’d be risking your PR being revoked so it’s not something I’d take a chance on personally.

Sorry! Can you job hunt like mad maybe and see if you can find a new job/employer? Or talk to your current employer to try and improve things?