Citizenship

Old Mar 2nd 2024, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship

So we have submitted our application for citizenship I know on the website it states the wait time is 15 months but I spoke to someone who applied receive and it took 6 months. Anyone else applied recently?
Old Mar 10th 2024, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship

I don't know about citizenship applications, but Canadian Federal bureaucracy has gone haywire since 2019. There doesn't seem to be any rational reason as to why some people might take months or years to receive a response from the government for something where others might get a response in weeks.

It's probably best just to get on with your life and be pleasantly surprised when the response actually turns up.
Old Mar 10th 2024, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

took us nearly two years and didnt need to do the citizenship test my friends parents applied and had it within three months i think we were stuck in the covid backlog was pretty happy to finally recieve the email for the ceremony hope yours goes smoothly
Old Mar 25th 2024, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

We posted our Citizenship application pack (2 adults, 2 children) on October 5th 2023, and received the emails requesting attendance at the Oath of Citizenship Ceremony on March 21st 2024. Our online ceremony will be April 10th. So going from the date I posted the application pack to the date of our ceremony, that will be 6 months and 5 days.
The longest part of the wait was for RCMP to process my fingerprint check, the prints were sent on 4th January and IRCC confirmed receipt of them on March 8th.