Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! It's GONE!

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! It's GONE!

Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! It's GONE!

OMIGOD!

That's it, out of my hands!!!

Just back from the Post Office and our application is winging its way merrily to London.

Time to go to sleep for 3 years methinks!?!

Thanks to everyone on here who has helped me put all the paperwork together!

Kaz x

P.S. What am I supposed to do with my evenings now I am not shuffling bits of paper around? Should I take up knitting?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:00 pm
ktp
Just Joined

ktp is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! It's GONE!

Well done Kaz. Hopefully it will be my turn next week. But if I get stuck in the meantime I will be calling on your expertise!!

Katy x
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:45 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! It's GONE!

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
P.S. What am I supposed to do with my evenings now I am not shuffling bits of paper around? Should I take up knitting?
Easy....no knitting. Just endless hours of online research, reading, investigating, checking stuff out, e-networking, making contacts, find out out costs of living, fact finding, double checking your instincts and reasons for choosing Canada, overcoming the mid-wait period where you could bin the whole idea and think anew (yup we've all been there in that dark place) etc etc.

It all helps, trust me !

Rich

ps never ever ever check e-client; it is the Great Satan of the PR process and a deadly CIC mind-trap
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

timetomove is an unknown quantity at this point

My application will be all good to go next week aside from my TEF results which wont be back till middle of October. (only a couple of months)..
Is it worh me getting my application off and following up with the TEF results when I get them?
anyone got any advice??

Thanks very much

Tim
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hi Tim

That's exactly what I have done. I included a letter in my application stating the level of French I was claiming and supporting evidence (uni examination certs etc) and when I get my TEF results in October I will forward them on.

I did ask this question before and Mr Miller suggested that as long as I get them to CHC at least 8 months after sending the application in, that I should be OK and they would be included. I imagine I probably have longer considering current AoR dates!!

I suggest you include a written statement attesting to your French skills with the application you send off so that, worst-case scenario, they have someting to go on.

Kaz x

Originally Posted by timetomove
My application will be all good to go next week aside from my TEF results which wont be back till middle of October. (only a couple of months)..
Is it worh me getting my application off and following up with the TEF results when I get them?
anyone got any advice??

Thanks very much

Tim
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

yep, I second Rich's advice ... the research never ends and this forum, with its honest opinions, is a great start ...never can hvae too much research matey
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
yep, I second Rich's advice ... the research never ends and this forum, with its honest opinions, is a great start ...never can hvae too much research matey
It is almost ten mths since my application started its process and every stage is stressful with all the doubts and questions. Yes we all go through it and no doubt forums like this help us to survive. The research is never ending so one cannot get bored, I spend so much time researching in order to be prepared and ask myself "when will it end?" Great to know I am never alone.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:40 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

OMIGOD!

Just back from the Post Office and our application is winging its way merrily to London.

Kaz x

You are now entering what I call the panic attack phase. Charactarized by frequent,

OH SH%^#, I forgot to add X
or
I missed the date on my move from Y to Z
or
did I get the Date of birth on my spouses mother right,
or
is the hight of my head on the photo really between 2.5 and 3.5 cm
or
did I send it to the right embassy address,
or

My advise is take the copies you have made of everything you sent

(btw. I have 5 copies: 1 hardcopy always on the man, 2 at my parents house, 3 hardcopy in a deposit box of a swiss bank, 4 on my computer, 5 on a file server based in the US you never know If Bush might not decide to attack Europe )

bind them into a nice little booklet and carry them with you at all times so you can allways check andt see that everything is ok, when you wake up at night bathed in the sweat of the nightmare that you have misspelled your daughters middle name.

Welcome to the club
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

LOL! This is so true!!!

Suze

Originally Posted by mhhp
You are now entering what I call the panic attack phase. Charactarized by frequent,

OH SH%^#, I forgot to add X
or
I missed the date on my move from Y to Z
or
did I get the Date of birth on my spouses mother right,
or
is the hight of my head on the photo really between 2.5 and 3.5 cm
or
did I send it to the right embassy address,
or

My advise is take the copies you have made of everything you sent

(btw. I have 5 copies: 1 hardcopy always on the man, 2 at my parents house, 3 hardcopy in a deposit box of a swiss bank, 4 on my computer, 5 on a file server based in the US you never know If Bush might not decide to attack Europe )

bind them into a nice little booklet and carry them with you at all times so you can allways check andt see that everything is ok, when you wake up at night bathed in the sweat of the nightmare that you have misspelled your daughters middle name.

Welcome to the club
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:40 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

OMIGOD!

Kaz x

wish u a speedy process mate!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 11:19 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Don't do that! :scared: You might be tempted to start stabbing yourself in the eye to pass time while you wait for something to happen with your application. It's not worth it.