Wikiposts

7216 Help

Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice
Default Re: 7216 Help

Hi Lloyd31,

7216 specifically requires an apprenticeship or trade papers as part of the job skills requirement. I can't say for absolute definite but when I worked out my education I included my apprenticeship as full time education. Even though you are "working" the other 4 days in a week this is supervised work and i think considered on the job training as opposed to actual work.

Do you have just your city and guilds cert or did you actually get some sort of time out apprenticeship paper from your employer in addition to this? If you have trade time out papers then I think you can class this as 14 years and hence 20 points .

Per the wording: "A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study"

Hope this helps!
Ails
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:42 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

7216 is actually 7301 now under the NOC 2011.

The employment education requirements listed under a NOC are not relevant when applying under FSW - it is the duties that are relevant.

The education that you need to be concerned about relates to what you have and how many points this awards you. I would score you at 20 as well, so you should be good to go.

Good lyck!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:27 am
Just Joined

lloyd31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
7216 is actually 7301 now under the NOC 2011.

The employment education requirements listed under a NOC are not relevant when applying under FSW - it is the duties that are relevant.

The education that you need to be concerned about relates to what you have and how many points this awards you. I would score you at 20 as well, so you should be good to go.

Good lyck!
Hi

Because i'm in the 7301 section and have school up to high school i should be ok?

I'm working on sending my CV out to as many places as possible and hopefully i can get an extra 10 points

I dont have and trade time out papers just the city and guilds and years in the trade

Regards
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lloyd31
I'm working on sending my CV out to as many places as possible and hopefully i can get an extra 10 points
Don't forget though that to get the extra 10 points it must be a job offer approved by HRSDC - meaning that you either need to be there working on a TWP already, or to get an AEO. The latter takes 6 months to obtain, so you'd need to find an employer prepared to apply for it and wait 18 months or so for you to be able to start work, which is going to be tough.

But if you've got 67 points, then why not just apply now? You can always keep job hunting in the interim so that you can hopefully go out sooner on a TWP.

Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lloyd31
Hi

Because i'm in the 7301 section and have school up to high school i should be ok?

I dont have and trade time out papers just the city and guilds and years in the trade

Regards
Because you have the high school and city and guilds you should score 20 points for education. I think 7216/7301 is nearly filled now so you could get your pack together ready to submit on 1st July. You will need to take the IELTS test so best to get that done now, as it can take a while to get a space at a test centre and then get your results back.