67 points for how long?

Old Aug 6th 2005, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

wannaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 67 points for how long?

hello people,
how are you?
in one of my previous posts, i said that i have 67 points(maybe 69 if i'll be awarded 2 more for french), and i read that it is a passing mark, but by the time of adjudication it might not be.
anyone heard any rumours about changing the passing mark?
and the second question is if you have 67 points can CIC deny you for any reason?( of course no criminal record or other adverse factors).
bye and take care.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 6:00 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 67 points for how long?

You may as well ask fortune teller around the corner the same question. Once pass mark is changed CIC will post notice, but don't expect any warnings before that.

Reaching or exceeding pass mark doesn't guarantee anything.

Case may be refused on the basis of any of several factors at any given time prior to visa being issued and main factors are here:

- failing medical check

- failing criminal check

- failing security check

- failing to conclusively prove all your claims

- submitting fraudulent application or evidence

- not reaching pass mark not only at the time of application but also pass mark that will be in place when case is assessed and at any time before visa is to be issued - see section 77 of Regulations here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

- if officer determines that number of points awarded is not a sufficient indicator of whether the skilled worker may become economically established in Canada - read section 76(3) of Regulations here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec76.html

- if there is substantial change in circumstances between visa issuance and landing.

So, nothing is guaranteed until you have the PR visa and complete landing process.

Originally Posted by wannaknow
hello people,
how are you?
in one of my previous posts, i said that i have 67 points(maybe 69 if i'll be awarded 2 more for french), and i read that it is a passing mark, but by the time of adjudication it might not be.
anyone heard any rumours about changing the passing mark?
and the second question is if you have 67 points can CIC deny you for any reason?( of course no criminal record or other adverse factors).
bye and take care.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:35 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

So this means we have to meet the passmark not only when our visa is issued, but also at time of landing?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
So, nothing is guaranteed until you have the PR visa and complete landing process.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:20 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, how did you come to such conclusion?

Once visa is issued changes to pass mark or other criteria won't affect visa. But changes to your circumstances before landing will - change of marital status, new baby, becoming inadmissible, etc. are some of main reasons here.

Originally Posted by Wannabe
So this means we have to meet the passmark not only when our visa is issued, but also at time of landing?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:28 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

I obviously see ghosts where there are none. I read the sentence I quoted from you and got cold feet, thought I'd missed some important information along the way...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, how did you come to such conclusion?

Once visa is issued changes to pass mark or other criteria won't affect visa. But changes to your circumstances before landing will - change of marital status, new baby, becoming inadmissible, etc. are some of main reasons here.