The 2012/2013 FSW Timeline Club

Old May 22nd 2013, 3:20 am
Just Joined

JIMMY THE GOOSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2012/2013 FSW Timeline Club

HORROR STORY,I applied for FSW in Dec 2009,AOR July 2010,in-process Jan 2012,med req Feb 2012,med done Feb 2012,new docs req and sent Aug 2012,nothing nothing nothing,absolutly discusting,not even a courtesy e-mail,apart from when i contacted them at London H.C.,one line reply "an officer will view your file inthe future",they were quick enough to cash my cheque,hope you guys get treat better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 24th 2013, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

charlotte-in-limbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we're all in the same boat aren't we? Waiting or in Limbo hence my tag name. Husband applied under fsw2 with aeo in carpentry trade as site manager, university educated. NS received our application December 6th 2012, received notification on Feb 7th '13 we are 'in process' and application transfered to London. Since then heard diddly squat, frustrated! Have put house on market. enrolled second child in school for Sept. Any guesses how long it may take. Try this link for timescales http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp Question is, is it true? Good luck one and all.
Old May 24th 2013, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Here's another link which some of you may find useful in regards to time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/skilled.asp

It also confirms when you have an approved job, quotas do not apply, maybe useful info for Petal if no accepted by CIC. Good luck.
Old May 25th 2013, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

We applied under the old fsw 2 scheme, last Dec. But I have a feeling they're going to be wanting up-to-date paperwork because it's taking so long. Our police checks will be already by CIC rules out of date. But it's hoop jumping all the way through the process.
Old May 26th 2013, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

petal39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlotte-in-limbo
We applied under the old fsw 2 scheme, last Dec. But I have a feeling they're going to be wanting up-to-date paperwork because it's taking so long. Our police checks will be already by CIC rules out of date. But it's hoop jumping all the way through the process.
Thanks for the info Charlotte-in-limbo! The more i hear on this forum it seems like the Canadian PR system really needs an overhaul - especially in terms of how long it takes!!

The Australian PR visa system is far bigger with a huge amount more occupations on their list, and applications are usually done and dusted within a year now. I don't understand why the Canadian system takes so long when they are issuing so few visas, and only have a handful of occupations on their list?!

Makes you wonder doesn't it!
Old May 26th 2013, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Petal39, I hate this waiting game, my motto is if you're going to talk, talk if you're going to shoot shoot! All this waiting around. Jim the immigration officer on here said people with work do get priority which at least is a bit of a comfort. My friends applied without work and it took 2 half yrs under the old system in 2010. I think they do cherry pick, rightly so. My friends who got in, ex-army with a trade, wife a florist and 11 year old daughter. They had their meds and CIC lost the x-rays so they had to do it all over again! My friends hubby didn't trust CIC with the visa and passports, so he drove 300 miles to queue outside the HC in London to pay the fees and get their visas. Not good really!
Old Jun 1st 2013, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

petal39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scribe123
Just a reminder to all who have applied for FSW with an occupation on 'the list', here is the link you can check to see how each category is filling up:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

I expect the first numbers will be released either this coming Friday, or Monday. Fingers crossed that we don't see 300, across the board (or at least in 2174 which is my NOC )
Hi Scribe123,

Just wondered if you have heard anything since submitting your paperwork? We've heard nothing as yet, but they've only had it nearly 2 weeks now!

I also notice no figures have been entered into the table you gave the link to for any of the occupations. So we really are in the dark for now hey!!

Petal
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by petal39
Hi Scribe123,

Just wondered if you have heard anything since submitting your paperwork? We've heard nothing . yet, but they've only had it nearly 2 weeks now!

I also notice no figures have been entered into the table you gave the link to for any of the occupations. So we really are in the dark for now hey!!

Petal
I havent heard a thing.

It could be weeks until I get any news either way, or the numbers on the quota site are updated (i was being perhaps too optimistic innmy other post)

There is another forum where lots of people are calling and writing to cic asking what is going on, but they are wasting their time. Cic have a process and they will follow it to the letter. If that pocess keeps everyone in the dark for another month, then we will have to wait another month for news.

Happy waiting
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

cben is an unknown quantity at this point

I filled for PR within Canada under the Economic class last year to my surprise I got an email from CIC a few weeks ago asking for our Right Of Permanent Residence Fee. They also asked us to get our medicals done (apparently everyone has to do them now).

Any ways, fee has been paid, medicals have been done (all clear I am sure).

CIC's website still says they are taking 13 months to complete applications – so that's October 2013 for me...

However October is quite some time away – I am hoping our case will get seen too sooner then that considering they have already asked for the fee and medicals. Plus being a British Citizen I am hoping things will run more smoothly and faster for us.

Can people please give me some dates you have experienced so I can get an idea on how much longer I have to wait

Thanks

cben
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:19 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petal39
Thanks for the info Charlotte-in-limbo! The more i hear on this forum it seems like the Canadian PR system really needs an overhaul - especially in terms of how long it takes!!

The Australian PR visa system is far bigger with a huge amount more occupations on their list, and applications are usually done and dusted within a year now. I don't understand why the Canadian system takes so long when they are issuing so few visas, and only have a handful of occupations on their list?!

Makes you wonder doesn't it!
When you get here, you will understand!

Canadian bureaucracy is appallingly slow and there is little or no sense to the order in which they do things. Their procedures are overly complicated and antiquated (which is a ironic, as they are such a young country) and most crucially, they don't seem to look at anyone else to see how other people do things better.

Since we got PR (see timeline for details) we have also realised just how behind the times Canada is in terms of the use of IT and how much they still rely on paper-shuffling.

This is my OH's field and he says that, in computer programming and systems terms, they are at least ten years behind the UK, if not more.

So when they say they are doing something, don't expect them to be taking advantage of the amazing power of computers to help them do it faster or more efficiently.

FSW Cat 2 (arranged employment) took us 18 months. We became PRs in February 2012.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

It seems the first rejections are being handed out for the new FSW stream.

These links show the rejection letter from someone on another forum. Link 3 is interesting as it looks like CICs checklist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvpif5r7jvb564h/page1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mp4l2vl6i0t4t8/page2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn435uqrp60sa6j/page3.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0vhpxzxpzog4io/page4.jpg
Old Jun 8th 2013, 1:51 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the first rejections are being handed out for the new FSW stream.

These links show the rejection letter from someone on another forum. Link 3 is interesting as it looks like CICs checklist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvpif5r7jvb564h/page1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mp4l2vl6i0t4t8/page2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn435uqrp60sa6j/page3.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0vhpxzxpzog4io/page4.jpg

So they rejected this applicant for not including the NEW Economic classes form.
Did they include one at all, or did they just include an older version, either by mistake or because they had a consultant holding their file for a while?
Old Jun 8th 2013, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

She included the old.

I believe this person got them in the post the Saturday applications opened, so probably downloaded all the forms at the first update, and failed to check for more (some updated forms were late in appearing)

Whilst it's bad luck for that person, I just thought page 3 was interesting as it shows (I assume) the things that are checked at stage 1.

It also shows that they seem to check applications about 4 weeks after they arrive - well I suppose 1 application isn't enough to build a solid view of the process but it's the first bit of movement I've seen relating to this year's applicants.

I believe you work for a consulancy Helcat. If so; have you seen any movement for any of your clients who applied under the new rules?
Old Jun 8th 2013, 2:51 pm
Island life at last

I believe you work for a consulancy Helcat. If so; have you seen any movement for any of your clients who applied under the new rules?
You have me confused with somebody else, I'm afraid.

The only consultations I give are to 8 year olds about their Math homework
Old Jun 8th 2013, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helcat12
You have me confused with somebody else, I'm afraid.

The only consultations I give are to 8 year olds about their Math homework

Well I have a ten year old so I'll be learning long division all over again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.